Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameboy Advance SP list of system variations?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gameboy Advance SP list of system variations?

I know as soon as I say this, someone will post a link right here at DP that I couldn't find.

Honestly, I'm counting on it!

I've just spent the last hour and a half searching google and this site for a complete listing with pics of the different types and colors/special edition releases for the GBA SP.

There are basic colors here in the US, and some additional ones in Japan (prehaps Europe.)

Then there are the Special Editions released here in the US (NES Classic, "Where Are You", etc.)

In Japan, there are tons more.

So - does anyone know of a site that has a current, complete listing of all the various SPs that are available (pics are important as well.)

If anyone knows, please show me the way.

Thanks,
    Steve (Orri-)
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here you go:

http://www.imgcab.com/gameboy/gameboy0.html

It's pretty well up to date, missing a couple though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man that is a ridiculous number of releases! I feel like a chump myself. I have a Gameboy Advance (white), Gameboy Advance Sp (silver) and a new Gameboy Advance Sp with improved screen (silver/blue). The only other GB I have is the Color see through purple one.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

There some killer stuff on there, sadly 90% of it was never released in the states

PSN: SouthRox

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't you wish that you could afford this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gameboy-Advance-...QQcmdZViewItem

$1000 for a limited edition DK GBA SP, the second rarest GBA SP in the world! Makes you wonder what the rarest one is worth, a Zelda GBA SP autographed by Miyamato!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, there's a few SPs missing from that website, but it's pretty good. nice pictures of the ones they do have, at least.

and i don't think that the signed zelda one is really the rarest SP... nor do i think that this DK one is the second rarest SP.

the metroid one given out in the contest (not the club nintendo version) is really limited. the 24K gold plated one would surely sell for more than $1000. i'm not even sure how some SPs were distributed... there's 2 camo ones, a marble one, a black one with the Rockstar Games logo on it... they could very well be limited to like, 5 or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Huh...I want the Chinese Dragon one

The All Blacks edition one is nice, too...I was actually in Australia/NZ when they were marketing that (I think it's actually for New Zealand, though, as the All Blacks are the official NZ team).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think that DK one is worth nearly $1000. That's ridiculous.

Why the hell didn't the US get the Mario vs. DK one? Or the Orange/Green one? Me wantie!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    Don't you wish that you could afford this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gameboy-Advance-...QQcmdZViewItem

$1000 for a limited edition DK GBA SP, the second rarest GBA SP in the world! Makes you wonder what the rarest one is worth, a Zelda GBA SP autographed by Miyamato!
    I guess to me that seems like a stupid way to spend quit a bit of money. I can see possibly purchasing a limited edition console but a handheld…and for $1000? Seems a bit excessive. It’s not really much of a collection centerpiece and selling it in the future would be difficult figuring there’s 10,000,000,000 GBA SP’s floating around (yes, I know, not limited edition ones but you get the point). You could spend the grand on some really neat rare games that would better serve a collection.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Why the hell didn't the US get the Mario vs. DK one? Or the Orange/Green one? Me wantie!
    the US did get the orange/green one... that's why the listing on the site says "U.S. ONLY." it was a toys r us exclusive... came bundled with a shrek game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocRamon
    yeah, there's a few SPs missing from that website, but it's pretty good. nice pictures of the ones they do have, at least.
    So which ones are they missing?

the metroid one given out in the contest (not the club nintendo version) is really limited.
    It was limited to approximately 2000, which makes the DK version more difficult to obtain.

the 24K gold plated one would surely sell for more than $1000. i'm not even sure how some SPs were distributed... there's 2 camo ones, a marble one, a black one with the Rockstar Games logo on it... they could very well be limited to like, 5 or something.
    These weren't available at retail, so I wouldn't count them. The logic behind that would be the same as including the DS custom-made for 50-Cent. Nintendo would custom make an SP for anyone if they paid enough.

Do you have picks or links of these others you speak of?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse
    It’s not really much of a collection centerpiece and selling it in the future would be difficult figuring there’s 10,000,000,000 GBA SP’s floating around
    I wouldn't be too impressed with a rare SP either, but they do seem set to hold their value. Look up white Game Gears or Game Boy Lights as examples.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

next time im at nintendo world center ill take a picture of them. they have a display case with all variations of the gba sp released worldwide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

orrimarrko-

some of the more recent SPs are missing, like the spongebob one available at toys r us right now for example...

and at the nintendo world store, they have a case set up with a bunch of colors in there... including ones that aren't listed on the website, like that pikachu one.

as for the "available at retail" thing, the DK banana yellow wasn't available at retail either. it was a contest prize in japan. does that mean you don't count it? and if you do, the 24k zelda one was a contest prize too...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is that Spongebob DS still available? How much does the bundle cost? And is it an older front-lit screen or a back-lit screen version?

Also, man, I would kill for that Zelda gold DS. That's so cool. I remember that contest. How many were made?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the spongebob DS was available at toys r us over this past christmas... i thought it was still available online, but a quick check on amazon doesn't show any in stock. i'd think you could probably still find one if you looked hard enough, but they might have sold out by now.

the bundle may have been an online deal or a christmas sale only. i never saw it packaged with the games or anything, just by itself, same price. it IS the new screen.

the 24k gold SP is limited to 7, six of which were given away through the golden ticket method, and one given away on gamestm.co.uk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the spongebob DS was available at toys r us over this past christmas... i thought it was still available online, but a quick check on amazon doesn't show any in stock. i'd think you could probably still find one if you looked hard enough, but they might have sold out by now.

the bundle may have been an online deal or a christmas sale only. i never saw it packaged with the games or anything, just by itself, same price. it IS the new screen.

the 24k gold SP is limited to 7, six of which were given away through the golden ticket method, and one given away on gamestm.co.uk.

Doc - I would definitely count it then.

I wasn't sure of the method to get the 24K gold one. I thought perhaps that it was a custom done by Nintendo for some person (or whatever.)

I do see the camo and marble ones in the picture, although I still don't know how or where they were available for acquisition.

If there was only one 24K gold SP out there, then I wouldn't count it. You can't collect something that isn't possible to acquire (in my opinion.)

Thanks for the info.

Steve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i more or less agree... one-of-a-kind systems shouldn't be included... unless they were made available to everybody. like you said, the 50 cent DS is not one you'd need. i've said it before, if you have that system in your collection, you're currently being hunted by one angry G Unit. but the 24K gold zelda one... if it was a contest prize and only 1 grand prize winner got it... since that contest was open to the public, and not a private transaction made on the side between nintendo and the buyer, i'd say it would count.

but that's just getting into the picky details of collecting...

as for the marble and camo ones... yeah, i'm not sure where they came from. i seem to remember hearing about them once... i believe the 2 camo ones are japanese units and the marble is a european one. but i have no idea how they were distributed. i'd think they were made available to the masses though, since the nintendo world store is including them in their collection. i can't imagine they'd include the "impossible" ones in there, but i could wrong.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, that Spongebob SP looks pretty cool! I wouldn't really want one myself, but it does look like a neat limited edition.

But I'm wondering about the Zelda SP autographed by Mr. Miyamato... Is it one of the 24K gold ones? Anyone know?
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    Hey, that Spongebob SP looks pretty cool! I wouldn't really want one myself, but it does look like a neat limited edition.

But I'm wondering about the Zelda SP autographed by Mr. Miyamato... Is it one of the 24K gold ones? Anyone know?
    I don't believe that it was the 24K gold one.

I think that it was the same one that was distributed in Europe.

Doc - any idea?

Steve