Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gameboy Advance SP list of system variations?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The Miyamoto signed one is the Legend of Zelda SP, regular edition. It's the same as the Zelda SP, but with documents verifying that Miyamoto signed it. There was one on ebay 2 months ago.. went for $530.

While I'm on the topic of Nintendo, I really HATE how they spew out different versions/bundles seemingly every single month. It's impossible to have all of them unless if you have an nice stack of cash lying around!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tbowl
    The Miyamoto signed one is the Legend of Zelda SP, regular edition. It's the same as the Zelda SP, but with documents verifying that Miyamoto signed it. There was one on ebay 2 months ago.. went for $530.
    what he said.

although, i'm not sure you should fault nintendo for releasing a ton of different versions like that. they're not expecting anyone to get them all. the guy that decides to try and collect them is the crazy one. (in a good way. i'd certainly stand up and applaud the guy that managed to collect ALL the SPs out there.)

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well Nintendo knows their market. And they know there's alot of people out there who will either try to collect them all or keep trading in their old ones to get the newest one.

They do the exact same thing with their system upgrades. First you had to have a Game Boy, then you had to have a Game Boy Pocket, then you had to have a Game Boy Color, then you had to have a Game Boy Advance, then you had to have a Game Boy Advance SP, then you had to have a Game Boy Advance SP2, next you'll have to have a Game Boy Evolution. And as if that wasn't enough, you also had to have a DS, then you had to have a DS Lite, etc, etc, etc.

It is kind of annoying how they keep trickling out new stuff all the time, but at least they do keep their stuff interesting.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

system upgrades and color variations are different...

getting people to upgrade to the newest version of a system is good business on nintendo's part. as you said, they know that people will keep doing it.

but i highly doubt that nintendo releases new colors of their systems expecting people to try and collect them all. the new colors, special editions, etc. are more designed to cater to specific markets and bring in new buyers.

i'm willing to bet that none of their business moves are based on the fact that a few people collect nintendo stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, it shouldn't be a secret that the reason I started this thread is because I'm considering undertaking that quest...

It would take a while and some serious dough, but I think it would be fun!

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for all the input.

Steve
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i certainly wish you the best of luck with that... can't wait to see a full set of them.

that said, this thread has really sparked my interest. i've been looking around for info on some of them, and i keep finding new ones.

from japan, no idea how it was distributed:

another chinese ique color:

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if you only bought used systems, it might not be so hard to do. It's the new systems that really cost a fortune.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocRamon
    i certainly wish you the best of luck with that... can't wait to see a full set of them.

that said, this thread has really sparked my interest. i've been looking around for info on some of them, and i keep finding new ones.

from japan, no idea how it was distributed:

another chinese ique color:
    Now we're talking Doc - what on earth are those?

Haven't seen either of those. I wonder what the BR stands for...

Orri-
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry i couldn't get back to you sooner... internet connection is fried at my house, so i'm having to steal online time whenever i can from friends. sucks.

but anyway... i did more research on them, and got a friend living in japan to help me out with what he knew.

the BR one is the "battle royale" logo. it's a controversial japanese movie. that SP was apparently made by the studio itself. sounds like they more or less bought a large number of black SPs from nintendo and painted the logo on front. but it was sold at japanese retailers.

the bottom one, if you can't tell from the pic, is a 20th anniversary mario one... iQue from china though. it seems to still be on sale there, though i can't be sure. the iQue site has more photos and info about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That 20th anniversary one is awesome. I wouldn't mind having one to go with my Famicom micro.

Edit: How about this?
    http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=8730&

But it looks red over white instead of white over red. Are there two kinds?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today at game crazy i saw a black SP with "Who are you?" In graffitti-esque font emblazoned on the top. ANyone have info about this one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jasoco- nice find with that other mario SP... not sure if there are 2 styles or not. very interesting... worth looking into, for sure.

mills - here's some basic info on the who are you? SP - http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/548/548678p1.html. in fall/christmas 2004, several retailers got different exclusive SPs. walmart got this one, best buy got surf blue, circuit city got pearl white... etc...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Resurrecting an old thread. Recently I came across some NEW in box Gameboy Advance SP units from when I was in Singapore. I did some research and it turns out this was a special edition color that was only released in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines.

Pretty neat. I haven't seen it listed on many websites. Note this is not the mint green variation, this is more of an emerald green.

Anyone know just how rare this is? I can't find em' anywhere else aside from some random google images via search.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

TRU sold an exclusive gold SP in the US (not to be confused with the Zelda ones). Came out on Black Friday of one year, with ones sold on that day including Super Mario Bros Advance 4 (smb3) as a pack in. That's the one I have.