Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ridge Racer 6 (360)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Ridge Racer 6

Quote Originally Posted by MrJeffy
    And by the way; was Rave Racer ever released on any console format?
    I know that the tracks from Rave Racer were in the PSP version. I think they are also in RR6. Not totally sure though.

Boy would I love an arcade perfect bonus disc of Rave Racer ala the Sega Rally 1995 disc that came with Sega Rally 2006 for PS2!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up Ridge 6 with my 360. I don't know where the magazines are getting this "looks like shit" aspect in the reviews because it most certainly looks sharp and clean on a hi def LCD TV. I couldn't understand the negative review in OXM for the life of me. IMO it looks better than PGR3 but not as photorealistic as Most Wanted. There's no doubt that Namco's opening CG movies in the previous Ridge games have always been amazing....but in THIS case the in-game graphics look BETTER than the opening movie!! (I'm finding the same thing with most 360 games actually)

I love the new universe format and it seems that the drifting is more intuitive than it's ever been. I'll agree that the standard cars seem to be the best choice, although if I need an HP advantage I'll sometimes turn to a mild car IF the HP is slightly higher. I'm still trying to decide which of the cars that I've won in "duel" feels most comfortable to use. One thing's for sure....it's starting to get intense. Single boosts don't seem to cut it any more and I'm finding the need to save up at least a double before using it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the 200 online battle win achievement today, only one left for me to get is 10,000 miles driven, currently I have 8,050, so about another 17-20 hours of playtime.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game got a bad review in Gamepro, but I played it in GAME with a mate of mine and we liked it alot. I also liked the voice over " YO YO NOS BOUT TO EXPLODE DAAYYYYMMM!! WOOOH!!" which people also seem to hate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza
    This game got a bad review in Gamepro, but I played it in GAME with a mate of mine and we liked it alot. I also liked the voice over " YO YO NOS BOUT TO EXPLODE DAAYYYYMMM!! WOOOH!!" which people also seem to hate.
    if you are reffering to the annoucer, I thought he would annoy the hell outa me, however he just ads to the arcade feel of the game, and often helps you out by letting you know when someone uses nitrous.

Try listening to the other voice annocuers you unlock in the game...they suck.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So... I caved in this afternoon, and picked up my seventh 360 game. How do you pronounce it again, Kaz? "RIIIIIIIDDDGE RACERRRRR!", you say? If you say so!

Damn, I can't believe I sat this one out for so long. Okay, RR6 is by no means a feast of technical wizardy (or anything close, for that matter), but I've always loved the series' hallmark style, executed time after time to perfection. It is simple, but incredibly effective.

The soundtrack, as is always the way, seems spot-on, and the multiplayer is just a blast. I can tell I'm going to kick some serious butt online I noticed one quirk, though: I hit a car that was seemingly stuck in the middle of the road (a little underground, too). I'm guessing someone dropped from the race, and the game didn't handle it all that gracefully.

Anyone had this happen to them, too? Besides that, this is simply awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Back when I used to play oneline, people had problems w/ "invisible cars" at the start point, meaning only they could see a car sitting at the start point, and you can hit into it, while other players see nothing.

Online is a blast, and if you happen to play with someone named yosam, tell him PeteDorr said hi, I used to play with him online alllll the time if you ever happen to get in a game w/ him send me a game invite.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really tempted to buy all (or most) of the additional music that they've flooded the Marketplace with. It is really annoying that the game doesn't support custom soundtracks, and that each track they've added is 80 points a throw. Expensive!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah 80 points is a bit much considering there are TONS of extra music tracks. Are any of those tracks remakes of the original music from RR1?? I got one which I believe is called Ridge Racer but it did not sound familiar. The game I must say is simply awesome. It is my favoirite racer on the system so far. The tracks I feel are so much better than what you would find in the new NFS games. Those are starting to piss me off, they need to go back to where they started with that series exotic cars and unique tracks. oops off topic so yeah the tracks in Ridge racer I feel are really unique, gorgeous and fun. Namco really knows how to make em.