Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What were some games that really made you angry?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What were some games that really made you angry?

I know there's a saying that video games are great stress relievers. Not really. I played couple of games in the past that really got me in a bad mood. But, I didn't go as far as throwing the controller at the wall, or putting a hole through my tv screen. Anyone played games that did that to you? And sorry if a topic like this was done in the past.

Some of the games I remembered having bad times with.

1.)One of the Mega Man games on the gameboy. When I was young, I always got screwed by that fan blowing machine, or falling down onto the spikes. Then I had to start all over again.

2.)Super Street Fighter II Turbo. Yes, I know it's supposed to hard normally. But, Akuma was pretty damn cheap. Not to mention Shin Akuma in Capcom Vs SNK 2. Must of died 100's of time before finally beating him... But that was all due to luck.

3.)The End in MGS3. I first hated this when I died the first time. Then, I really enjoyed it as I never played anything like this before. And the fact I got the old man when he was asleep. Then I find out later, you could just kill him easily earlier in the game..

4.)Sonic 2-3. Being underwater for so long, and the music and the countdown begins. That really scares you, and when you try to get out of the water, you accidentally mis-step a platform and fall all the way down to the bottom again...

5.)Thunderforce IV. Sometimes, it was hard for me to see if a enemy shot something at me, and I accidently just go straight ahead into the blue bullet. Not to mention they just appear right behind you and just kill you... Also, the 2nd level in AC was pretty hard to see.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After long relentless button pushing, I just gave up on the torture sequence in Metal Gear Solid.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, you just made me remembered the water level in MGS2 where you had to swim and come up to breath. I hated that, and had to get a friend to pass that for me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: What were some games that really made you angry?

Oh, I immediately think of some boss fights from Ninja Gaiden, and the cage match in Resident Evil 4 (on professional...my death count MORE THAN DOUBLED as a result of that)

Mad, like actually almost a bit mad, or rather wierded out?

SNK shooter from 1989 called Sky Soldiers. I'm sorry, why the hell do I need to be shooting British planes out of the skies at the end of 1945?

Pretty mediocre game too, very uneven graphics and boss difficulty (some levels have details, but some are just grassy expanses).

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Need For Speed: Underground. It wasn't hard to play, I just hated the hip urbanness of it.

I'm stuck on Resident Evil 4 at a bit with wolves. I've only got a few rounds of ammo and fairly low health, so I can't get past them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would say Strider Returns for Genesis, the first game was one of my all time favorites, then i rent this pile of poo. Seeing "The Forbidden Forrest" over and over again, as I slowly crawl through a generic forrest in a Sci-Fi themed game made me miss my 4 dollars for the rental.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was it Ninja Gaiden II that had the level that you had to make a series of jumps across pits, meanwhile, there were a bunch of enemies flying around that would send you back if you hit them, plus it was lightning in the background, turning the screen pitch black except for when the lightning would strike? Yeah, that game. That level. For some reason, it was the bane of my existence for the longest time.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City got on my nerves quite a bit. Mission: Rescue Lance Vance, who's tied up in some junkyard with a bunch of dudes surrounding him, then escape while said dudes chase you down. No problem, right? Wrong. For some reason, mostly me being inept, freaking Lance died every way possible at my hands. He got shot, he got run over, he ran around in circles THEN got run over, I blew him up a few times, I jumped out of my car on the way to rescue him while he was tied in the chair and watched in horror as it careened toward him, killing him before the mission even started. This mission wasn't even that difficult, but for some reason, I just couldn't do it ... until one day, when I picked up the game after having not played it for awhile, and beat it on the first try. Funny how that works.

The newest Madden games. I can't even play them anymore. I used to try to deny/ignore the comeback AI, but it bugs the hell out of me just thinking about it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Parappa the Rapper, stage 5 (the line for the toilet). Even going for years at a time without playing, I can beat it first time now. But when I first got the game, I must have failed a hundred times. That said, dropping to a bad rating after maintaining a good rating throughout any stage is enough to drive anyone insane.

The irritating "Nightmare" bit at the end of Project Rub. Three recycled bosses in a row, with the kicker that if you die, you have to start from the first of them again. It's design crime.

Sonic Heroes is another design criminal. Even if you've played through the game with the other characters, you're still forced through the incredibly patronising tutorial when playing Team Rose. You have to play that team to finish the game properly (exposing another one of my pet hates - finishing the same levels multiple times for a "true" ending).

Mario Kart DS and the irritation of computer-fired blue shells annoyed me a lot, though not to the extent of some people I know (I've heard of people throwing and biting their systems because of this).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had that very often, the last time it was with God of War, the level where the spikes came out of the ground after 20 sec or so and where you had to push a block to the other side to jump onto a platform ... DAMN!!!!! I smashed my controller several times around my room, tried it at least 40 times and after that i decided to take my savegame to a friend so he could help me get past that point. I put my memorycard in his ps2, tried it myself another time and i got passed it at once!! Unbelievable, there must be a curse on my ps2 i think

Another recent one i can remember, Resident Evil 4, the minigame where you can get the Chicago Typewriter after you kill Krauser ... i gave up on that one, next game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well when I was younger playing Megaman series I always got frustrated by jumping wrong or making a mistake and falling onto spikes

it was bad, but in RE4 there are some parts that just drove me crazy until I got them just right but it just is intense.

it's all good though.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

The first game that made me angry was Socom US Navy Seals. When I was trying to complete the single player game.
    There were a few missions in that game that got my blood boiling.

The second game is Ace Combat 5. Im stuck on a mission I cant pass for the life of me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tie Fighter made me punch a hole in a door. I felt like a moron after that and I don't think any game has made me act violent since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

I'll second Parappa Stage 5. After playing other rhythm games and going back to Parappa I have come to the conclusion that the scoring system is based on the Earth's alignment with the moon and what you last ate before playing.

Valgas in the first Power Stone will forever remain in my mind as the king of cheap fighting game bosses. Worse than Omega Rugal, worse than Jinpachi Mishima, worse than Gill, all of 'em.

Pokemon Puzzle League on Very Hard. The computer is CONSTANTLY finding combos and chains to drop on you, and as if that wasn't bad enough you get to hear the same 5 voice clips repeated infinitely through the entire 5-minute match until you die. Or by some miracle your opponent dies.

Any form of Reversi. I think I'm doing alright until it's near the end of the game and the computer changes the score to like 843-2.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The most recent game that enraged me was Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones for the PS2. After a long and somewhat tricky chariot sequence, I get to a boss fight against the Axe and Sword Twins, and I simply couldn't beat them. I figured out what I'm supposed to do (attack one and get the other to get his weapon stuck in the ground) but due to the somewhat odd collision detection and an unresponsive block function, I kept on getting killed.

Eventually, I got so pissed off that I threw my controller onto the ground and it bounced once and I heard a snapping noise. When I picked up the controller again, I saw that there was a crack running down one of the sides. I was so mad at this stage that I completely snapped and started to stomp on my controller until it was in pieces. Anyway, I turned off my PS2, cleaned up the mess of controller pieces and I haven't touched the game since then.
    Guy: Guy speak beaver.
    Rest of party: !!! ~Final Fantasy II - Dawn of Souls Edition

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Several of games, but the first that I think of is the last boss in Tekken 5. Fuck, I used like 45 min to beat him haha. I suck at fight games tho, but still, it was fucking annoying.

I remember when I played NES games and if I didnt make it I pretended I was a sumo wrestler (dunno why, im not fat) and I pressed the buttons damn hard in rage haha. The NES controllers was really strong, they took alot of beating One of them have a big crack in the back.
    My sister also got fucking pissed if she didnt get to play the NES and she slammed the controller in my head once lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Ninja Gaiden (NES)...

Stupid. Fucking. Bats.

Back in 1988 I practically destroyed my desk/entertainment center by slamming my fist into it each time I died. I'm still not entirely sure how I beat that game.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1) The water temple in LOZ: Ocarina of Time
    2) Mario Party games: They are the cause of the pinced nerves in both of my arms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by keiblerfan69
    1) The water temple in LOZ: Ocarina of Time
    Hah, there was something funky going on around the top. You had to hookshot a switch way up high or something; it took me forever to figure that one out.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm....

I can't believe it hasn't been said, maybe it's too obvious but...

Landstalker...

Isometric jumping. You couldn't stop trying beacuse the game was so good, yet all you could do is scream and keep trying...then the stinking boss battle. You think you've one, then the stinking Dragon. Then you die and have to fight through that last stage again...

Another game, not so good, is Tork. You constantly fall off cliffs and such. Automatic death...

Later,
    Trebuken

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

right now Blitz: the League is giving me fits.

-AB+
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.