Thread: anyone know what game i'm thinking of?

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default anyone know what game i'm thinking of?

ever have wierd memories of stuff from when you were younger of playing a game or watching a movie but you can't remember what the title was? you start to doubt if its even a real memory or something your just dreamed up. anyways i've had a few memories of movies/games that i could not identify. through some research and the help of some friends i've been able to figure most out but there is a memory of one arcade game i just can't seem to get so if the description i'm going to give sounds familiar please tell me.

ok, i beleive this was somewhere around the time frame of the early 1990's perhaps even mid 90's and it was an arcade game i was playing at the local amusement park now i don't remember much but what i do remember is this. the plot involved the undead (and/or monsters) riseing up and takeing over the earth. the begining story specificly mentioned great armies of mankind falling to the creatures the grahics from what i remember weren't bad...compareable to maybe splatterhouse. i also remember it was a side scroller and the first level involved a forest? and ended with being inside an abandoned hospital, i think the first boss may of been some kind of frankenstein like creature or perhaps a mad scientist/doctor. like i said the details of my memory are scetchy at best as this is basicly all i remember. there may also of been some kinda episode with a carrage where you ride on it and monsters attack you. i'm starting to think this whole memory is something i've dreamed up but if this sounds kinda familiar to anyone please add any info.

and just for good measure...anyone ever see a movie called fortress america? about a pychotic militia at war with some hick town....i remember seeing this on USA up all night when i was like 10 but i can't find any evidence the movie ever exsisted...perhaps i'm getting the title wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: anyone know what game i'm thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Conscript
    and just for good measure...anyone ever see a movie called fortress america? about a pychotic militia at war with some hick town....i remember seeing this on USA up all night when i was like 10 but i can't find any evidence the movie ever exsisted...perhaps i'm getting the title wrong.
    I can't help you with the game, but I'm pretty sure the movie you're referring to is Fortress of Amerikkka. It's a Troma movie from the late 1980s that fits your description, and it's pretty terrible, even by Troma standards.

Hope that helps!

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know the titles of the game, but it sounds fun. I'd like to play it after reading your post.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was it Night Slashers?

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yhep. it was night slashers and i think the movie is the same one to. thank you for all the help guys.

i would like to say though...after all these years playing night slashers again i was really dissapointed. don't get me wrong it was a good game but i think i was really dissapointed with the lack of imagery. after being really impressed with the first level and even the second i think the game fell totally short in delivering the image of a "zombie-apocalypse". the hospital was a good start but after that the only level that came close to the theme again was the airplane/military base stage which was still mediocore at best (although the ghost helicopter was a nice touch). maybe i'm being overcritical but i can see a castle level in any game i want my zombie overrun city with the undead comeing out of sewers and blood splattered buses overturned in the street ending perhaps at the city museum where you battle the mummy (a better location then an unexplained appearence on an airplane anyways) or what about a battlefield where an embattled military force is holding out against the army of undead, a field crowded with derilect military vehicals and zombie soldiers. like i said don't get me wrong it was a fun game with a gore edgyness to it but i think they missed an oppertunity to set up some really good imagry in the levels

oh well, thanks again for the help in figureing out what it was anyways