Thread: Odyssey 2 from other forum listed on Ebay.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Odyssey 2 from other forum listed on Ebay.

As for the Magnavox Odyssey 2 system and games I had, here is the update. I first posted it in the Buy/Sell Forum but did not get the manuals, boxes, etc. I was after in trade. Have to get rid of the thing to free up much-needed room after a recent move, so it is now on Ebay, starting price of 1 cent. Item #8260397822.

As long as I break even on the shipping, all is good. Some very common Sega CD games (also just looking to break even on shipping) also listed at #8260386556. Basically unwanted stuff. Nothing most of you would want. Items not pictured since I use a laptop on the road, but have sold around a dozen games with no negative or neutral feedback.

Oh, if you are into obscure 80's hair bands or thrash metal, check out my other cd and cassette auctions, being sold as lots. Easy to link to through one of the above. But I digress. Moving is hard business on any collection. Got to get back to basics until the "book" sells and I can buy a nice townhouse paying for it in cash, heh heh (one can only wish).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You've got some nice things there. I'll definately be watching those CD auctions as I'm an old 80's hair metal fan Too bad I don't have a tape player anymore or I'd be all over those cassette auctions as well.

One suggestion is that you should definately get yourself a digital camera so you can provide pictures in your auctions. I'm sure you'd get much better results and most likely higher final sale amounts that way.

You can find a basic digital camera relatively cheap nowadays. It may not have all the bells and whistles but it'd be just fine for eBay pictures.

Free bump for you!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    You've got some nice things there. I'll definitely be watching those CD auctions as I'm an old 80's hair metal fan Too bad I don't have a tape player anymore or I'd be all over those cassette auctions as well.

One suggestion is that you should definitely get yourself a digital camera so you can provide pictures in your auctions. I'm sure you'd get much better results and most likely higher final sale amounts that way.

You can find a basic digital camera relatively cheap nowadays. It may not have all the bells and whistles but it'd be just fine for eBay pictures.

Free bump for you!
    So you (OP) know, cheapy cameras are available at Wal-Mart for $20 or so. I use a craptacular Aiptek Pencam, which isn't the best and is really bitchy about lighting conditions, but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Reply

I see your point. It is frustrating not being able to post pictures. It may sound like bias but I tend to think if I am selling the exact same item as 10 other people that mine would be in the best shape or at least the top 5 I have Crazy Climber for the Atari 2600 and mulled the idea of selling it through Ebay from time to time, but have no plans to for that very reason (no digital camera). Nobody will believe I have it. I know a lady who gets screen shots and box shots online, or flat out steals images from other auctions and puts them in an auction of her own to pass them off as pictures. She's never ripped anyone off, from a feedback standpoint, but it is a little dicey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Update

Ha ha, so my Odyssey 2 and games, up to 6 cents. Figures. The good news is that when I had it listed here on the DP Boards (Buy/Sell), I did get one worthwhile offer. A message offering me a Paypal transfer for the Demon Attack (Imagic) game and I managed to get about the same amount it is listed as being worth on the DP Rarity Guide. So I suppose I have that to fall back on. $15.06 earned before shipping (sadly, I did not gouge on shipping and never do).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I placed a bid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Oh!

Oh, so you are the high bidder. Awesome.