Thread: Anybody ever trade in a retro game at GameCrazy for credit?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anybody ever trade in a retro game at GameCrazy for credit?

The GameCrazies in my area are still buying SNES and NES and Genesis games from people. I'm always amazed when I see new Genny games or SNES games in there. I'm guessing that they most likely pay virtually nothing for them, but for some reason people trade them in there, so they must give something for them.

I wonder what the highest amount of store credit they give for a SNES game is. Or Genesis game. I also wonder what they give for your average run of the mill Genesis sports game or a Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cart. 10 cents credit? Even less? Or maybe they don't give any credit at all for certain games.

Man, I can just see that some kid walks in there with his dad, and he has a box of Super Nintendo games, and a SNES system, and GameCrazy gives him like a grand total of $12.75 store credit, and the kid wants to buy a used PS2 game, and he ends up paying his $12.75 store credit, in addition to some extra cash, just to get some crappy used PS2 game. It's pretty sad really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never trade games to Game Crazy for store credit (there's one near my house that actually gives cash for games) They rip you off...not to mention I never have any reason to get rid of my games since I'm trying to collect them, not sell them for $.

I was talking to a guy who works at Game Crazy once, and he says they buy SNES games like Chrono Trigger, Dracula X, and Final Fantasy III for $0.75! And any other SNES game they buy for $0.25!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mr_Elimin8's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They buy the games there for whatever price is in the computer. Last I checked, the prices are very different across the board for the system. There isn't one set price they give you. They only don't take the game if it's in the computer as "0.00" or "0.01". If it's one of those, that means the comp isn't taking them anymore. I use to work at the Gamecrazy in Moline (In case you're all wondering how I know this).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Maniac
    I never trade games to Game Crazy for store credit (there's one near my house that actually gives cash for games) They rip you off...not to mention I never have any reason to get rid of my games since I'm trying to collect them, not sell them for $.

I was talking to a guy who works at Game Crazy once, and he says they buy SNES games like Chrono Trigger, Dracula X, and Final Fantasy III for $0.75! And any other SNES game they buy for $0.25!
    Unfortunately thats the way it is at most game stores. I talked with an employee at one of the stores and he said he has stacks and stacks of rare games at home. I had little reason to doubt him as he had just taken in Suik II for 3 dollars and was going to sell it on ebay for a substancial profit.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

With the low prices it's a mind boggler why anyone sells their old games to GC, but I guess they just want it gone and don't care to make any sort of $$, which at the same time is good for bargain hunters like myself who goes to GC just for the old games. Some stores have a great 16-bit selection, others, blah.

So personally, I would never do it, but I'm glad there are people who do.

I remember one time in 1997 my bro traded away 10 SNES games to FuncoLand just to get NHL 97 for free.

:/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was considering it a few months ago. Trading in my doubles then maybe geting a new PSP game then figured if its anything like EB id get a quarter a game...at most so the idea never flew.