Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The PlayStation Museum website is now up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the site. The design is a bit simple, but it is easy to navigate. I haven't too many non-fanboy Playstation sites, so this one is a refreshing change.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a couple of french playstation dedicated magazine (including a special issue testing 720 games )
    I can scan the adds they contain and also the listing contained in the special issue if you are interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EnzoSangiorgio
    As much as I like a ton of PS games, the system was the beginning of the end for gaming.
    Yeah, I thought like that for a long while too. But then I realised, if it wasn't Sony that brought gaming into the mainstream, it would have been M$ or Sega. At the end of the day, it's not about the system, it's the games. And obviously companies are gonna produce games for the most popular console, to guarantee sales. Which means the popular console each gen attracts a lot of crap, but also some true gems. If you look hard, there's some truly amazing 2D Japanese PSone games.

Anyhow, I really like the site. Being the anime fan I am, I'm absolutely intruiged by ZXE-D The Legend of Plasmatlite. What's the deal with the robots? Are they motorised or anything? From the looks of the screen shots, it's a 1on1 fighter. I'd certainly like some more info, especially if it's actually playable by a non-Japanese speaker, it seems a to have a ot of English text.

I'd certainly want a new condition one, so I can do the stickers myself and paint the little guys....

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe I noticed an error. Check PAL exclusive list for Eternal Eyes, I'm very sure it was a NTSC release only, or failing that, both NTSC and PAL.

There's likely some others, too.
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djb1986
    Is the site going to expand to other PlayStation systems or just stick with the PS1?
    Just PS1. I tried before to include Saturn, CD32, and N64. I think I even have scans of most of the N64 boxes. I think it was called www.gamescholar.com back then. But honestly, more than 1 system is too difficult for me. Anyhow, I like the PS1 best I suppose.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence
    I visited the site awhile ago and I wasn't that impressed.

You changed the descriptions and the pictures, I like it alot more now. Good work!!!
    Thanks. I took people's opinion back then and tried to mix it up a bit. I had animated gifs before for the screenshots (i got that idea from atari.st I think.)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haoie
    I believe I noticed an error. Check PAL exclusive list for Eternal Eyes, I'm very sure it was a NTSC release only, or failing that, both NTSC and PAL.

There's likely some others, too.
    I haven't gone through all of the PAL games yet, but you could be right. Someone also mentioned Moho was the same as Ball Breakers which is obviously true so now I have to delete it. I just started taking screenshots of my pal games and I thought I removed the US released ones. Anyone want to buy Moho?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoSangiorgio
    As much as I like a ton of PS games, the system was the beginning of the end for gaming.
    Yeah, I thought like that for a long while too. But then I realised, if it wasn't Sony that brought gaming into the mainstream, it would have been M$ or Sega. At the end of the day, it's not about the system, it's the games. And obviously companies are gonna produce games for the most popular console, to guarantee sales. Which means the popular console each gen attracts a lot of crap, but also some true gems. If you look hard, there's some truly amazing 2D Japanese PSone games.

Anyhow, I really like the site. Being the anime fan I am, I'm absolutely intruiged by ZXE-D The Legend of Plasmatlite. What's the deal with the robots? Are they motorised or anything? From the looks of the screen shots, it's a 1on1 fighter. I'd certainly like some more info, especially if it's actually playable by a non-Japanese speaker, it seems a to have a ot of English text.

I'd certainly want a new condition one, so I can do the stickers myself and paint the little guys....
    I still have to write a description of ZXE-D. I recently posted the pics because I had them on my hard drive. The robots arn't motorized. But the parts on them can be interchangable and you can create a unique robot. Hook your custom robot to the PlayStation and your robot appears in the game! ZXE-D is actually a 3D fighting game. Therefore, if you can't read Japanese, it should be at least 90% playable. There's some Japanese text, but I got around it ok and played it fine. I'll have to verify it, but from what I remember it was made by the guy who created Streetfighter EX Alpha.

BTW, you will find items missing in the museum. For the most part I only write and show pictures of things that I actually have in the museum. (Exception are protoype games) But if you notice something missing, tell me and I'll add it to my want list and sooner or later buy it.

TO ALL:
    I just posted an exclusive interview with Simeon Pashley, lead programmer of Black & White for the PlayStation. Go visit and read the interview. I find it interesting, but it's my first interview and I was excited to talk with him. I also posted a few screenshots to Black & White. I have possibly two other programmers and a magazine editor that I can interview next so if you can think of any questions that I missed or something good I should ask, please PM me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just wanted to bump this old topic to highlight the sweet PS1 stuff the Playstation Museum has on eBay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTIMATE-PLAYSTA...QQcmdZViewItem

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyA
    Just wanted to bump this old topic to highlight the sweet PS1 stuff the Playstation Museum has on eBay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTIMATE-PLAYSTA...QQcmdZViewItem
    Actually, that looks kinda like an entire collection to me...... I wonder what the deal is?
    #vbender