Thread: Missile Command Control Panel

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Missile Command Control Panel

I have a Missile Command cab which is in really nice shape, but sadly(?) was converted to Crystal Castles sometime in its life. While I love Crystal Castles, it would be nice to return the machine back to its full glory. Now obviously, my question is does anyone here have a line on a non insanely priced populated Missile Command control panel? I've been checking ebay for a little bit and haven't seen anything turn up. Any ideas?

I kind of feel like from the prices it'll take to get the pcb and the control panel that it may be a better option to just buy a complete Missile Command cab instead.

I also have a really nice Tempest cab that was converted into a god awful Jamma game sometime in the past. Anyone have basically every part I need to convert it back for a really nice price? (We can all dream).

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Missile Command Control Panel

Quote Originally Posted by MoreEbolaForYou
    I have a Missile Command cab which is in really nice shape, but sadly(?) was converted to Crystal Castles sometime in its life. While I love Crystal Castles, it would be nice to return the machine back to its full glory. Now obviously, my question is does anyone here have a line on a non insanely priced populated Missile Command control panel? I've been checking ebay for a little bit and haven't seen anything turn up. Any ideas?
    There's a nice repro CPO out there, IIRC, the price is pretty reasonable. No, it's not the same as having the actual CP painted with the graphics, but it's pretty darn close without having to spend a fortune.

I also have a really nice Tempest cab that was converted into a god awful Jamma game sometime in the past. Anyone have basically every part I need to convert it back for a really nice price? (We can all dream).
    I see original Tempest spinners on ebay all the time, the trouble you'll run into will likely be shelling out big time for a vector monitor. You can make your own harness. Is the Tempest side art still intact?
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's a nice repro CPO out there, IIRC, the price is pretty reasonable. No, it's not the same as having the actual CP painted with the graphics, but it's pretty darn close without having to spend a fortune. Smile
    Yeah, I've seen the cpo repros, but I'd like to have the original painted cp. Doesn't Missile Command use a strange oversized track ball too? Not to mention the odd buttons. That's why I'm looking for a populated one. A pcb isn't really a problem, those are on the ebay quite often. I'm just wondering if this idea is viable at all.

I see original Tempest spinners on ebay all the time, the trouble you'll run into will likely be shelling out big time for a vector monitor. You can make your own harness. Is the Tempest side art still intact?
    The sideart is in pretty good shape. Not pristine by any means, but definitely good enough for me. I know getting that back to a Tempest is a pretty big pipe dream. I think actually going the mame route with it might be the best choice.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ppl say im crazy, they don't understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, that's the wrong color vector monitor... Tempest used a WG K6100.

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm... well that shows how much I know about vectors
    ppl say im crazy, they don't understand

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ha. that kind of reinforces my plan to just use mame to be able to play tempest in that cab. the tempest is actually at the bottom of my "maybe i should finally get this working" pile though. the missile command idea is kind of just a theory too, although it really does pique my interest.

thinking of the stack of things that i should fix reminds me that i have to order a new power supply for my jungle king today. oh the fun of owning arcade games.