Strawberry (Level 2) xtremegamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    One of my friends bought the controller without a game. He's searching for the game now.

He is not going to be happy.

Local GS has a Steel Battalion game by itself here locally, but they still want $50.00 for it.

1 Hit Point
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xtremegamer View Post
    Local GS has a Steel Battalion game by itself here locally, but they still want $50.00 for it.
    Had no idea that game was rare. I always passed on it. Thanks for the info!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only if it comes w/ the controller. Probably worth more if it's correctly packed in the box too...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've checked Orlando Area gamestops plenty of times an they never have it. I would have to drive 50+ to find Steel Battalion. I have the game but no controller. My eyes are always peeled though

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

reagrding c2c:
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...006&category0=

regarding steel battalion:
    make sure you get Steel Battallion. NOT Steel Battallion: Line of Contact. the latter is a online-only game that is very common and often goes for little more than 10$.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, I have the real game... not the line of contact pack...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neogamer View Post
    Trying finding a NEW copy of House of the Dead III.

Does that qualify?

I see these at my local Fry's everytime I walk in. $19.99 each.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Raritee

I finally found Stake Fortune Fighters at Gamestop: $4.99.

I also saw my first copy of ESPN MLS Extratime 2002- did I pick up a lame sports title or a bona-fide rarity?

And I got my second copy of Frogger Beyond. When I sort out my Xbox I'll have a spare.

I found a sealed Sega Soccer Slam and an Ultimate Beach Soccer recently, first copies I'd seen.

I also found a Loons, first copy I'd seen.

I still haven't seen a Death Row, a Red Card 2003 or a Groove Rider.

I have seen only one Tom and Jerry ($35 at Game Crazy, passed) and one Jurraisic Park Operation Genesis ($35 at Game Stop, passed). I saw one Futurama in a store, but I had it and it was priced at $30, so I passed.

Perhaps I should summarize my findings. Anyone have any more Xbox rarities I should look out for? Gives me something to do during lunch when I go to Gamestop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid View Post
    I finally found Stake Fortune Fighters at Gamestop: $4.99.

I also saw my first copy of ESPN MLS Extratime 2002- did I pick up a lame sports title or a bona-fide rarity?

And I got my second copy of Frogger Beyond. When I sort out my Xbox I'll have a spare.

I found a sealed Sega Soccer Slam and an Ultimate Beach Soccer recently, first copies I'd seen.

I also found a Loons, first copy I'd seen.

I still haven't seen a Death Row, a Red Card 2003 or a Groove Rider.

I have seen only one Tom and Jerry ($35 at Game Crazy, passed) and one Jurraisic Park Operation Genesis ($35 at Game Stop, passed). I saw one Futurama in a store, but I had it and it was priced at $30, so I passed.

Perhaps I should summarize my findings. Anyone have any more Xbox rarities I should look out for? Gives me something to do during lunch when I go to Gamestop.
    MLS Extra Time is hard to find, although plenty of online stores have it. I consider it a rarity as far as that goes for Xbox since mine is the only one I've seen around here, and that was years ago. It's a decent game, but not the best. Still, it's the only one with the MLS license, so I like it. A better find, in terms of quality, is your Sega Soccer Slam.

Ultimate Beach Soccer is one I still haven't seen offline. I may have to resort to ebay. Same with Groove Rider. I have all the others except Tom and Jerry, which I've passed on several times. You might reconsider buying Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis as that one looks like it might be one of a handful that are going to be tough to get.

As far additional rarities, here are some I've had trouble finding around here. The titles previously listed in the thread hold true for the most part; these are just a few I haven't seen too often in my area - not that they are necessarily rare.

Pac-Man World 2 - non-greatest hits
    Curse: Eye of Isis - not a bad game if you don't mind old Resident Evil style wandering around for keys.
    Special Forces: Nemesis Strike
    Pulse Racer
    Psychonauts
    Hot Wheels Stunt Challenge
    Samurai Shodown V
    King of Fighters 02/03
    Sentinel Crisis
    Knight's Apprentice (although I do see it from time to time)
    Legend of Black Kat - good game
    Still Life
    Frogger: Ancient Shadows
    Steel Battalion: Line of Contact - only for completists since it's no longer supported
    F1 2001 - crappy game, but still hard to find
    Roller Coaster Tycoon - not adapted well for consoles
    WTA Tour Tennis - never seen another copy besides my own
    Tennis Masters Series - seen one other copy
    Virtual Pool
    That pinball game with the women on the cover
    Gottlieb Collection pinball
    All the fishing games
    Real World Golf since it was marked down at GS
    Bloody Roar Extreme
    Carmen Sandiago
    Battlestar Galactica - maybe I have seen this one around a lot. Can't remember.
    Battle Engine Aquila - very good game, except for the cut scenes and voices.

Gotta get ready for work now. Like I said, not all of these are going to be hard to find. I just don't remember seeing a lot around here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    How much is it there? I can't find a listing for it on their site and I'd love to be able to pick it up on the cheap. AAFES still has a pile of them marked at full price but I've been waiting for them to drop in price....so if I can price match 'em down to something like $20 or some such then I'm totally there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    How much is it there? I can't find a listing for it on their site and I'd love to be able to pick it up on the cheap. AAFES still has a pile of them marked at full price but I've been waiting for them to drop in price....so if I can price match 'em down to something like $20 or some such then I'm totally there.
    When I bought mine, it was $24.99. I think that was about four or five months ago.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think rarity really depends on a number of factors and frankly, there are few if any used games for the Xbox which are hard to find. In fact, there are several copies of just about every game you listed on Ebay right now and they probably will only go for a few dollars each. If you're talking about factory new games, I would agree that many of those you listed can be difficult to find. Having said that, I'm about 10 games away from a complete factory sealed Xbox collection and really it's not a matter of having problems finding the last ten, I'm mostly just waiting until some of the prices come down on things like Madden '08 and a few of the later releases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I think rarity really depends on a number of factors and frankly, there are few if any used games for the Xbox which are hard to find. In fact, there are several copies of just about every game you listed on Ebay right now and they probably will only go for a few dollars each. If you're talking about factory new games, I would agree that many of those you listed can be difficult to find. Having said that, I'm about 10 games away from a complete factory sealed Xbox collection and really it's not a matter of having problems finding the last ten, I'm mostly just waiting until some of the prices come down on things like Madden '08 and a few of the later releases.
    Any Xbox game is fairly easy to find. The rarity is all relative. I don't do much buying online, so, for me, some games are harder to find. But, yeah, you're right.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    MLS Extra Time is hard to find, although plenty of online stores have it. I consider it a rarity as far as that goes for Xbox since mine is the only one I've seen around here, and that was years ago. It's a decent game, but not the best. Still, it's the only one with the MLS license, so I like it. A better find, in terms of quality, is your Sega Soccer Slam.

Ultimate Beach Soccer is one I still haven't seen offline. I may have to resort to ebay. Same with Groove Rider. I have all the others except Tom and Jerry, which I've passed on several times. You might reconsider buying Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis as that one looks like it might be one of a handful that are going to be tough to get.

As far additional rarities, here are some I've had trouble finding around here. The titles previously listed in the thread hold true for the most part; these are just a few I haven't seen too often in my area - not that they are necessarily rare.

Pac-Man World 2 - non-greatest hits
    Curse: Eye of Isis - not a bad game if you don't mind old Resident Evil style wandering around for keys.
    Special Forces: Nemesis Strike
    Pulse Racer
    Psychonauts
    Hot Wheels Stunt Challenge
    Samurai Shodown V
    King of Fighters 02/03
    Sentinel Crisis
    Knight's Apprentice (although I do see it from time to time)
    Legend of Black Kat - good game
    Still Life
    Frogger: Ancient Shadows
    Steel Battalion: Line of Contact - only for completists since it's no longer supported
    F1 2001 - crappy game, but still hard to find
    Roller Coaster Tycoon - not adapted well for consoles
    WTA Tour Tennis - never seen another copy besides my own
    Tennis Masters Series - seen one other copy
    Virtual Pool
    That pinball game with the women on the cover
    Gottlieb Collection pinball
    All the fishing games
    Bloody Roar Extreme
    Carmen Sandiago
    Battlestar Galactica - maybe I have seen this one around a lot. Can't remember.
    Battle Engine Aquila - very good game, except for the cut scenes and voices.

Gotta get ready for work now. Like I said, not all of these are going to be hard to find. I just don't remember seeing a lot around here.
    MLS Extra Time and Legend of Black Kat are available at my local game store (indie). Can't remember what either one is priced at but it isn't "insane." I'm sure a few of these others may be there, too. I could also go out and within 20-30 minutes nearby get 2 copies of the Predator game, the "HTF" Outrun game and another copy or two of Land of the Dead.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since it seems not as many people check the "What it's worth" forum and it wouldn't be appropriate to post a query of the sort in modern gaming- I'll try and ask here to get the most exposure. I know that Capcom Classics volume 1 is easily found for the XBOX... but until a few months ago I never even realized there was a volume 2 (for the XBOX). I only know because I saw a copy on ebay when browsing for something else. And it was the only auction I've seen in a while selling a copy. I just checked agan today in completed and active auctions, and nothing came up. And like a lot of the questions in this thread about rarity, most get answered with "At my local FYE here in Wisconsin, there's been 3 dozen copies that've been sitting for a year on the shelf." So I wonder if that's the case with this... I've wanted a copy since I've known about it (not a huge proirity- as I probably won't play it much) but also would like to know if anyone's seen many copies of it. I think it was a 2006 release, so it was getting close to the end of the XBOX- and I'm sure it's not a big seller either. So it could be a low print run. Goddamn I think I've written well enough about this silly game- so any help would be great. I just checked amazon and found 8 copies from $33.00. Also haven't seen it used anywhere- and it's not in the rarity guide (though I understand it's in the process of being updated).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the word on
    Land of the dead Road to fiddlers green?
    The used price is still 24.99
    neo geo system

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto View Post
    What is the word on
    I believe Fry's got all the unsold copies of this as I saw literally dozens of new copies for $10 each at three different locations before Christmas. They probably still have some, but I'm not 100% sure. So, at everywhere but Fry's it's hard to find.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Anyone subscribe to the Gamestop newsletter via email? I do and I recently received a printable coupon for Buy 1 Used Original Xbox Game, Get 1 Free. Good until the 17th.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto View Post
    What is the word on
    Amazon and Ebay actually have new copies for cheaper than that, they did the last time I checked. I believe Amazon still has it "in print" (i.e. eligible for Amazon Prime and not just available through the Marketplace sellers). I had a copy I was thinking of getting rid of, come to think of it.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I believe Fry's got all the unsold copies of this as I saw literally dozens of new copies for $10 each at three different locations before Christmas. They probably still have some, but I'm not 100% sure. So, at everywhere but Fry's it's hard to find.
    Then that explains it. I have been watching this game for a while and finally picked it up. The price never went down. Even when it seened like they were dumping all there xbox games. I saw one used case at game crazy 14.99 I went to get it they couldn't find the game. Finally I gave in and bought the last used at gamestop.
    neo geo system