Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Xbox Games

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xtremegamer View Post
    I had no intentions on stiring up problems with this thread. Just looking for peoples opinions of games they think I should track down from a collectable standpoint.
    One or two "serious" collectors have the notion that starting a thread like this is irresponsible and will cause people all over the internet to suddenly buy up every game which appears on this very list. I don't know why people get so dramatic about a list like this. I understood the thread for what it was, just general discussion about Xbox games that people might want to consider picking up before they can no longer be found new in regular stores.

I don't see what the problem is with the thread either. Of course when I make a post saying that, I get written off as a "newbie." Unbelievable.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

You farking n00b!! :P

I'll throw another vote in for supporting this thread, let's face it...it's an internet forum. You could give everyone $5, and someone would bitch because it wasn't $10, or it's not in Pounds, or Monopoly money, or coins from the island of Yap, or ZOMG NOW TEH GOVERNMENTS IZ GONNA TAKE MOAR OF MY MONIES AWAY!!!!11`1`!!!1!ONE!...you get the point.

So don't lket a couple folks bug ya...have fun with it, that's the point of it all
    Last edited by scooterb23; 04-12-2007 at 10:42 PM.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pilotwings's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know tonyhawks pro skater 2x is probably not hard to get a hold of in the usa but it wasn't realeased here europe or asia so surly that makes it a teeny bit "rare" if you can only get it in 1 ov the big 3 gaming zones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    One or two "serious" collectors have the notion that starting a thread like this is irresponsible and will cause people all over the internet to suddenly buy up every game which appears on this very list. I don't know why people get so dramatic about a list like this. I understood the thread for what it was, just general discussion about Xbox games that people might want to consider picking up before they can no longer be found new in regular stores.

I don't see what the problem is with the thread either. Of course when I make a post saying that, I get written off as a "newbie." Unbelievable.
    Listen, I never called you a noob. Re-read the sentence, it says, "Many of you" - not "you." You claimed that I was taking this a little too seriously, which I find a little hypocritical at this moment. You need to chill a little.

And I didn't BLAST the OP. I offered some suggestions which would help to clarify the true intention of the thread, as it can be misleading.

Even if you aren't new to collecting, or the effects of misinformation as it relates to after-market pricing, that doesn't mean that others who are reading this thread aren't.

The OP had acknowledged that he was, and I felt my suggestions would help.

You're entitled to your opinions on the subject, aren't I?
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the one game that took me awhile to find is Mortal Kombat Kollectors edition with Raiden on the cover.

Strawberry (Level 2) xtremegamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Quote Originally Posted by P1TCH BLACK View Post
    the one game that took me awhile to find is Mortal Kombat Kollectors edition with Raiden on the cover.

I've noticed that all the Kollectors Edition's of Deception are hard to track down with exception of Melina. The others where exclusive to individual stores though. Hopefully they will turn up in the wild around here soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    xtremegamer, if you're looking for some help, you should go over to cheapassgamer.com and talk to Shipwreck. He's got a complete Xbox collection that he pieced together himself, so he's got a good idea of what some of the top collectable games are. Think he might have even made a thread or two about the subject there.
    I was taking a look around that site the other day, it turns out shipwreck has around 300 games, I guess he sold off the a bunch of his xbox collection. He has posted some very usefull information though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pilotwings View Post
    I know tonyhawks pro skater 2x
    I haven't seen a copy of that around here in years, which sucks because it's one of those games I always wanted to pick up once I got an Xbox and now that I have one...I can't get it. Fuck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    I haven't seen a copy of that around here in years, which sucks because it's one of those games I always wanted to pick up once I got an Xbox and now that I have one...I can't get it. Fuck.

Really? It's odd how on one part of the country games are easy to find, and on another they are impossible to track down. During my weekly visit to the game stores around here, I must have seen 4 to 5 copies of Tony Hawk 2x.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I personally don't think a speculative thread like this does too much harm. For collectors, it's a good place to figure out which certain games are harder to locate than others, so if they come across them at some point, they can make the decision whether or not to pick it up because it might be a while before you come across another.

I have been wondering about Yourself! Fitness, since it's targeted at such a small niche market. I wonder how big a print run something like that might have received. Probably a decent amount, considering that I've seen it collecting dust in stores like Best Buy and Fry's Electronics for some time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads up to all XBOX collectors that Gamestop/EB has their Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal back on for all used XBOX games through May 27.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My local Fry's still had Shattered Union in stock last time I was there. Is it worth picking up?

Also, what the hell is Nemesis Strike? I own both CT Special Forces games for GBA, and I've never even heard of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    Just a heads up to all XBOX collectors that Gamestop/EB has their Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal back on for all used XBOX games through May 27.
    I'm not usually one to demand a mint game, but some of the stuff at EB looks terrible. I find it inconceivable that one would buy a ratty game for $25-30 when I can find a similarly used game on Ebay for less.

But I might still give EB a looksee, I might find some gold.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs View Post
    I'm not usually one to demand a mint game, but some of the stuff at EB looks terrible. I find it inconceivable that one would buy a ratty game for $25-30 when I can find a similarly used game on Ebay for less.
    Thats funny because that is actually the only good thing I can say about my local EG/GS. Whenever I bought a game from there, I'd always ask to look at the disc before they ring me up. Probably 90-95% of the games I'd look at were flawless without any marks or scratches on them.

I don't shop at that dump any longer though, so maybe standards have changed since I've last been in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    My local Fry's still had Shattered Union in stock last time I was there. Is it worth picking up?
    If it's anything like the Dallas area Fry's Electronics, the game might be marked down pretty cheap. I bought my copy at Fry's for $9.90.

While you're there, go through the shelf and check the game prices pretty well. Since the Xbox is essentially dead, Fry's has been marking down games insanely cheap. In February and March I was picking up loads of decent games all around the $5 mark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs View Post

But I might still give EB a looksee, I might find some gold.
    I am not sure when the last time you stepped into a EB/GS, but there are very few XBOX games that run $25-30, and they are mainly the newer games like Scarface and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Most of the games are $9.99 and under, so a B2G1 free deal works out quite well. Like norkusa, I only pick out the games in very good condition. They may not all be mint, but they are complete and in very good condition. Of course, there are always a few that are "ratty" or covered in "hand cheese", but I simply pass on those. Maybe you just have a bad EB in your area. Being from Metro-Detroit, I have quite a few options as far as EB/GS stores are concerned. Besides, for someone like me who plans on collecting all 853 or more XBOX games, buying them all sealed or in mint condition may not be an option - availability or price wise.

I was able to pick up a CIB (controllers;pedals) Steel Battalion used today for $49.99, plus Sniper Elite ($34.99) and Scarface (free) for $81 (includes tax; less 10%). Plus I was able to find a Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2X for $2.99. al of these were in very good condition. They even had a second Steel Battalion, although not boxed, but complete, that I was tempted to buy as well, but I passed.

So, all I was getting at is that if you are looking to start your XBOX collection, or just looking for rare games, now is the time to buy with that sale going on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

When did the sale start? I was just in my EB games Saturday and they did have the promotion running in my store. Of course even if my store has the promotion, I will not find anything as 85% of the Xbox wall are games in homemade cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xtremegamer View Post
    When did the sale start? I was just in my EB games Saturday and they did have the promotion running in my store. Of course even if my store has the promotion, I will not find anything as 85% of the Xbox wall are games in homemade cases.
    One store I went started it on Sunday; the other started it today. It runs through 5/27. Looks like they want to clear out their stock.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    I am not sure when the last time you stepped into a EB/GS, but there are very few XBOX games that run $25-30, and they are mainly the newer games like Scarface and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
    It has been awhile. I was thinking about my quest for "Gauntlet: Dark Legacy" where I ended up either paying $1 or $1 less on Ebay than what EB was asking for their tattered copy.

I also scoffed at the $17.99 they were asking for a similarly ratty copy of "Ty the Tasmanian Tiger".

But I'm making a point to check out the EB at the mall here tomorrow, perhaps they will have something worth a damn.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Confirmed, the EB Games here is running the B2G1F promo. Plus, the new Game Stop opens on Friday. Sweet, 2 places to go.