Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Xbox Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos at EB today. As per the rarity guide, I guess it's pretty common, but it was kind of strange finding a Europe-only release at EB, especially for only about $6.75 with the B2G1 sale.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    I picked up a copy of Loons last week, but I have yet to see a copy of Outrun 2006. It's the only "rarity" I'm missing.
    I have never seen another physical copy of this game other than the one I ordered on-line. I saw the PS2 and PSP versions *ONCE*...but nobody around here ever had the XBOX version.

When I was in EB the other day one of the guys there was going on about "Test Drive: Eve of Destruction" being rare or something (despite two copies being in their bin). Ebay was brought up in this conversation but my later investigation proved that this man was mistaken. But the other dude was correct about "Toejam & Earl 3"...rare.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the funny thing is I have three copies of Tiejam and Earl #, I bought it another two times forgetting I had already puchased it!
    zomg I have a sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM

Sorry, posted in the wrong topic...
    Last edited by DTJAAAAMJSLM; 05-26-2007 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Wrong topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    I picked up SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos at EB today. As per the rarity guide, I guess it's pretty common, but it was kind of strange finding a Europe-only release at EB, especially for only about $6.75 with the B2G1 sale.
    You sure it's Europe only? It's been all over the place for years.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos was released in all regions as far as I know.

EB/Gamestop has Prostroke Golf-World Tour 2007, the big box edition with the golf club on sale for $19.99. Any Xbox game that comes in a big cardboard box will probably get progressively harder to find in years to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid View Post
    Outrun 2006 I've seen several copies of this game. Perhaps it's because it's a recent release
    I just want to make sure you're positive about this, and that you're not mistaking the similar-looking Outrun 2 for this game, or seeing the PS2 version instead of the Xbox version.

Like others have said, I've seen exactly one copy of this game and it's on my shelf.

DP Buy/Sell feedback is here: GM80's Feedback Thread

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default t-bux?

anyone EVER see a copy of dinosaur hunting up for sale in the US? i have a gold disc review copy (complete with a xeroxed manual, other docs and a vhs tape with an ad on it), but i distinctly recall the game being canned. about a year later my eye pop out of my head when i see tommy tallarico plugging it from a game shop on whatever that review show was he co-hosted on G4. I'd imagine a few copies squeaked out from metro 3D into the california sunshine and showed up used, but i haven't found anything out there save for the original japanese version (which is also here in the import stack).

as for rent-a-hero #1 - that was canned. i've a reviewable of that here too.

next to futurama (which i'm looking for) one xbox game i don't see much of around here is iron phoenix, but i'd say it's not really "rare" as much as "no one bought it in the first place"... =^P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GM80 View Post
    I just want to make sure you're positive about this, and that you're not mistaking the similar-looking Outrun 2 for this game, or seeing the PS2 version instead of the Xbox version.
    I regret not picking up more copies of it when I had the chance. The BX here had a whole bunch of new copies that took forever to sell. When I finally bought mine, there were still two left on the shelf...but they've been gone for months.

Damn great game, too. I loved Outrun 2, but 2006 adds a whole crap load of additional stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by geelw View Post
    as for rent-a-hero #1 - that was canned. i've a reviewable of that here too.

next to futurama (which i'm looking for) one xbox game i don't see much of around here is iron phoenix, but i'd say it's not really "rare" as much as "no one bought it in the first place"... =^P
    Did anyone ever bother uploading Rent a Hero to the usenet or anything? I've always wanted to check the english reviewable out, but I don't recall ever seeing it getting distributed through illicit channels. Shame, I would have bought it without bothering to check reviews if it actually came out in the US

As for Iron Phoenix, I picked that one up new a few months ago for $12.50 because it sounded pretty snazzy on the back of the case. When I got home, I did some review hunting and found out that the game was a broken, half finished piece of shit. Good thing I didn't bother to pick up any of the other couple dozen copies of it that were sitting there.

If you like, they may still actually have some copies in stock and I might be able to pick one up for you.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ashes to ashes...

well, iron phoenix isn't "broken" as much as it is undercooked. the builds i'd played a few months prior to the release were loads of fun and the online game tested VERY well in the public multiplayer demos sammy held at gng and digitallife. but for whatever reason (time, i'd say), the game shipped without the promised single player story mode that was supposed to be about 12-15 hours long. what you got was an online only fighting game with some nice visuals, cool moves and a bunch of weapons, but nothing to tie it all together except the intro movie (which wasn't finished either, from what i can recall)...

there's a hint of the story in in the final game - run back to the dojo gates after the tutorial - it seems as if the game is about to load a new area, but i believe you got booted back to the main menu instead.

i actually had a copy, but shortly after it was released, someone offered me a bunch of cash for it (they couldn't find a copy anywhere) and i sold it. i've been eyeballing one at a gamestop nearby... if it's gone, i might drop you a line in a few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    Damn great game, too. I loved Outrun 2, but 2006 adds a whole crap load of additional stuff.
    My heart was full of joy when they included "Turbo Outun" music. I am still sad they never included the game TO.

I'm one of like 5 people in the world who liked TO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Make that 6 people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just saw multiple copies of Shattered Union at both EB and GS. Marked $34.99, but 50% off for the sale. I passed. Should I have picked it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I was looking through a big stack of Outrun 2 boxes at my local Fry's a month back and found an Outrun 2006-Coast to Coast mixed in with the nearly 20 regular copies. It was priced the same at $19.99. Snagged it quick! So learn from my experience; when you see a bunch of Outruns on a store shelf, look through them to see if there's a 2006 tucked away. You never know!

I wish I would have grabbed Fry's last copy of Samurai Shodown V, but I was never a big fighting fan. I am however a fan of cheap games, and they'd knocked it down to something like $15, but I didn't pull the trigger and get it. I need to stop passing on these types of things.

Speaking of cheap games, I bought Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, SSX on Tour, and Capcom Fighting Evolution all on sale at Fry's for $4.99 each. Don't know if it's across all stores or just the Dallas area ones, but if you're lucky enough to have a Fry's near you, it'd be a good idea to check it out. Having several near me means I never have to set foot in a GameStop to find something.
    Last edited by Steve W; 05-27-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's everyones take on the Doom 3: Resurrection Of Evil? I had a hard time tracking down a used copy at GS/EB and Ebay isn't totally flooded with copies either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    What's everyones take on the Doom 3: Resurrection Of Evil? I had a hard time tracking down a used copy at GS/EB and Ebay isn't totally flooded with copies either.
    I can snag at least a half dozen new copies from Circuit City right now for $20 a pop. Kinda irks me because I shelled out $17 for a used copy a few weeks ago ($3 extra bucks for a minty copy? Yep, I'm shallow enough to do it)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd pay a few bucks extra to get a new copy.

Who knows how a previous owner used and abused his/her copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've seen a few around here. I guess I need to grab that one up for the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Outrun2: Coast to coast is the one that is "rare" or just the normal out run2? They have four copies of the coast to coast at my local BlockBuster three are sealed for 29.99 and the used for 19.99.
    Last edited by Howie6925; 06-01-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    I can snag at least a half dozen new copies from Circuit City right now for $20 a pop. Kinda irks me because I shelled out $17 for a used copy a few weeks ago ($3 extra bucks for a minty copy? Yep, I'm shallow enough to do it)
    Doom 3: ROE is $10 this week (May 27th through June 2nd) at Circuit City. Does it work on the 360 yet? I know Doom 3 does.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)