Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Xbox Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only retail games for the Xbox that I'd put on a top collectable list would be Steel Battalion, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, House of the Dead III, and the first two Fatal Frame games. The non-Platinum Hits Silent Hill 2 is getting close. I've also never seen a complete original release DDR Ultramix with the dance pad since launch. Same goes for Rainbow Six 3 with the packaged headset.

Most of the other games listed in this thread so far seem fairly easy to come by around here. Maybe it's a regional thing.
    Last edited by Mr. Smashy; 04-11-2007 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are some additional suggestions, not in any particular order:

Real World Golf
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Tom and Jerry: War of the Wiskers
    Outlaw Golf Holiday Golf (Blockbuster Exclusive) - not the 9 holes of X-Mas editions
    Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II
    Fable: Limited Edition w/ Bonus DVD (this is not the Lost Chapters PH version)
    Crash Superpack (Platinum Family Hits) - Crash Team Racing & The Wrath of Cortex

Strawberry (Level 2) xtremegamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smashy View Post
    The only retail games for the Xbox that I'd put on a top collectable list would be Steel Battalion, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, House of the Dead III, and the first two Fatal Frame games. The non-Platinum Hits Silent Hill 2 is getting close. I've also never seen a complete original release DDR Ultramix with the dance pad since launch. Same goes for Rainbow Six 3 with the packaged headset.

Most of the other games listed in this thread so far seem fairly easy to come by around here. Maybe it's a regional thing.

It must be somewhat of a regional thing. I find Fatal Frame 1 and 2, House of the Dead III, and Silent Hill 2 all the time around here, just at higher prices. The DDR might be a good suggestion since I've not seen one in a long while. I did not know about the Rainbow Six package either. Looks like i've got some more research ahead of me. Thanks for the info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    Here are some additional suggestions, not in any particular order:

Real World Golf
    Roller Coaster Tycoon
    Tom and Jerry: War of the Wiskers
    Outlaw Golf Holiday Golf (Blockbuster Exclusive) - not the 9 holes of X-Mas editions
    Fable: Limited Edition w/ Bonus DVD (this is not the Lost Chapters PH version)
    Crash Superpack (Platinum Family Hits) - Crash Team Racing & The Wrath of Cortex
    Real World Golf, is this the one with the golf club packaged in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    I don't believe the second cover ever existed.
    Thats what I am finding out as well, they never re-released it with a varient cover. The only cover that seems to be available has a Female fishing off a dock.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

PLAY magazine (April 2007) had an article on games that underperformed. They seem to suggest these titles:

Voodoo Vince
    Tork
    Gunvalkyrie
    Psychonauts
    Phantom Dust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What exactly do we mean by "top collectable" Xbox games? Is that the most valuable and sought after? Or does that simply mean the hardest ones to find? Because there's a lot of rare stuff out there for Xbox that you can pick up on Ebay for dirt cheap, like Pure Pinball, Loons, and Deathrow. I assume the list is for the most valuable and sought after stuff though

I wouldn't add that Rainbow Six 3 headset bundle to the list. Yeah, it's fairly hard to find but I wouldn't call it a collectable. I even tried selling a new & sealed one here and on GameTZ last month for $15 shipped and nobody wanted it. (last one I saw on Ebay went for $7)

Rollercoaster Tycoon and DDR Ultramix 1 w/ pad are pretty hard to find too but I don't think anyone is really looking that hard for them either.
    Last edited by norkusa; 04-11-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would not put Real World Golf on there. I've been thinking about getting it and have seen it at 4 or 5 different circuit citys in the last few weeks.

i'd put yourself! fitness on there. that game is a pain in the butt to find.

if you are wondering what it is go here: http://www.yourselffitness.com/

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by backguard View Post
    i'd put yourself! fitness on there. that game is a pain in the butt to find.

if you are wondering what it is go here: http://www.yourselffitness.com/
    I'm guessing that might have something to do with the lawsuit:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/567/567385p1.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nobody mentioned Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis yet? That one is kinda hard to find and sells for around $30 on Ebay.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

curious...i never heard about the yourself fitness suit.

jurassic park: operation genesis seems like it should be on there. i don't know much about it, but it has gotten pretty poor reviews, so maybe the high price is due to its rarity. incidentally, it is also one of eb games "most wanted" trade in list. http://www.ebgames.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp

i'm not sure baldur's gate da 2 should be on there. it seems like at least 1 out of every 3 gamestops has one.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Why the hell is Barbie Horse Adventures on the first post's list?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    What exactly do we mean by "top collectable" Xbox games? Is that the most valuable and sought after? Or does that simply mean the hardest ones to find? Because there's a lot of rare stuff out there for Xbox that you can pick up on Ebay for dirt cheap, like Pure Pinball, Loons, and Deathrow. I assume the list is for the most valuable and sought after stuff though

I wouldn't add that Rainbow Six 3 headset bundle to the list. Yeah, it's fairly hard to find but I wouldn't call it a collectable. I even tried selling a new & sealed one here and on GameTZ last month for $15 shipped and nobody wanted it. (last one I saw on Ebay went for $7)

Rollercoaster Tycoon and DDR Ultramix 1 w/ pad are pretty hard to find too but I don't think anyone is really looking that hard for them either.
    What I am looking for is the hard to find or games that pull high dollar for resale. Example: MVSC2 is not rare by any means, but when you do find it, $$$$. Toe Jam and Earl III doesn't go for much when you find it, but thats just it, try and find it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Crap like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Barbie-Horse-Adv...QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Horse-A...6338555&sr=8-1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

I can see putting Yourself! Fitness on the list as it is hard to find and still brings in a good amount $20-$35. My question is what do you pull off the list? Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance II is high dollar even if available everywhere, any suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post

(Couldn't resist.)

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    I've picked this game up twice now, both times for under $20 (I picked up my copy today for $15). I've YET to find a complete copy of Dark Alliance that didn't look like it was mauled by a dog. Seriously, this regional distribution problem thing can just go screw itself

On topic... is the Fable Lost Chapters only available as the Platinum Hits release? I wasn't really sure and didn't want to splurge on a PH if there was a non-PH lurking around out there somewhere. No problem if it's a PH-only release...i LOVE it when they do stuff like that (rerelease the game at a budget price with a bunch of extra content, like Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition and Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    On topic... is the Fable Lost Chapters only available as the Platinum Hits release?
    It was released for PC, and Xbox as Platinum Hits only. Really throws those anti-Platinum Hits people a curveball
    DP Buy/Sell feedback is here: GM80's Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know this won't be a popular post, but I still have to insist...

Threads like this end up doing more harm than good.

Like that "Rare PS2 games" thread, trying to quantify what games are the "rarest" for the XBOX, especially into a list of 25 will only cause more speculation than factual information.

There are at least 15 titles on that list that are not rare, and just because you can't find them with ease locally, doesn't mean that they are rare.

Without production numbers, the only games that you can infer are harder to come by are "limited edition" games, like the Battlecry boxed set.

That doesn't mean the game is rare, but that there are less available in the complete packaging.

And the "well this fetches $30-40 on ebay arguement is still a ridiculous one.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will always fetch dollars because it's popular - not because it's in short print.

And things like tentative cover art somehow equals variant? You have to confirm that it even exists before you chalk it up as a variant. Too often the stock photo that ebay uses or Gamestop uses on their sites is from an early mock-up of the cover insert, but never actually was printed.

Anyway, I'm just not a subscriber to these kinds of speculative threads, as I think they do more harm than good.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xtremegamer View Post
    I can see putting Yourself! Fitness on the list as it is hard to find and still brings in a good amount $20-$35. My question is what do you pull off the list? Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance II is high dollar even if available everywhere, any suggestions?
    I can go pick up a Yourself Fitness tomorrow at Best Buy for under $10. Why this fetches more than that is beyond me.

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance II has retained it's original retail price (not high dollar, mind you - that's the difference) because it's a great game and has a lot of depth over the first BG: DA. There's a ton of replay value and frankly, the game kicks ass. That's why people are willing to pay more - a good game will do that.
    Great to deal with: Leonk, AdamG, Cheesystick, DigitalPress, ButtaSuperb, Hydr0x, Darth Vader, Gary Gnu, Portnoyd, NexWave, Postermen, Kaine23, ARCZero, kai123, Buyatari, Minilek, DREW, bighab, AlanD, Flack