Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default VGXPO 2006 Exhibitor Update

America's VideoGame Expo
    2006 EXHIBITOR UPDATE #1

As most of you already know, America's VideoGame Expo 2005 (aka VGXPO) was a HUGE success. Fans and vendors agreed, the VGXPO met or exceeded expectations -- we were the place to be to experience the best of gaming.

This year we plan to make VGXPO the premier gaming event in the USA. With this in mind, we felt it necessary to provide our exhibitors, and loyal fans, with the inside scoop for 2006 -- a few weeks before the official press releases or website updates. If you know someone that should be reading this email, please pass it along to them.

New: The Experience
    News on NBC and our new Game Touring Group

There is no doubt that NBC, and its Consumer Fest helped us draw a large attendee base in 2005, however America's VideoGame Expo is growing in size and can no longer share space with the NBC public events – VGXPO is going on its own!

We will continue to partner with NBC as a content provider to its Technology, Consumer and Fitness events and have created a new entity, America's VideoGame Experience (The Experience) to fill that relationship.

'The Experience' will provide games, competitions and other interactive features to NBC, and other public venue events. Not only will the new group provide competitions to NBC, but it will also host a competition tours at malls, nightclubs, colleges, amusement parks, state fairs, hotels and other venues. The Experience will become one of our 'gorilla marketing' mechanisms for the VGXPO – it may eventually be considered a mini-VGXPO itself.
    America's VideoGame Expo 2006
    Valley Forge Convention Center
    October 27 - 29

This year's Philadelphia expo is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of Oct 27 – 29, at the Valley Forge Convention Center, just outside of the Philadelphia city limits. Plans are in the works to expand the show significantly from 2005.

We plan to occupy over 60,000 sq feet of convention space and have additional meeting room and ballroom space for our new conference track and special events.

The VGXPO website has not been updated with these dates and will not be updated until we send out an official press release in the next few weeks. We expect to generate significant web-based buzz for the expo and will be utilizing My Space, Craig's List, Google Adwords and Meet Up to help with online marketing. Off line, we will start marketing the expo starting at the Game Developers Conference (aka GDC). We will distribute over 100,000 postcards to retail outlets in the Philadelphia region and we are negotiating with media outlets now for print, radio and TV exposure.

Exhibitors and Vendors will be able to reserve space for the 2006 expo at the official announcement of the show. PDF files with fees and registration forms will be available at VGXPO.com at that time. To facilitate this process, we will have a range of booth and sponsorship packages available for every size organization; in addition, early bird discounts will be available.

Consumers will be able to register for VGXPO tickets online and through our retail partners. Ticket prices for the expo, competitions and other events will be announced at the end of March.

What the VGXPO Plans to Offer

Plans are in the works to expand the best features of the 2005 expo and include exciting new features for the 2006 show. Here is a sampling of what is in the works:

- Dedicated conference space with more events, panels, presentations and discussions: we are expanding our conference schedule this year. A call for conference presentations is coming soon to VGXPO.com

- Expanded space for premier gaming companies: companies like Red Octane, VideoGames Live, EB Games and Game Crazy are helping us gain attention in the games industry - we plan to leverage this by bringing more of the 'big guns' to future events

- Halloween Costume Contests and COSPlay: animation conventions are not the only place you see COSPlayers! The VGXPO will play host to a huge COSPlay competition, and with the expo being held on Halloween weekend, there's less excuses for you not to dress up too

- More comics, animation, SciFi and card & tabletop gaming: you asked for it, so we are expanding the VGXPO to include more of these events and vendors. We hope to bring companies like Action Figure Factory and Collectible Cards and Games back to the VGXPO and expand their presence on the show floor

- 24-Hour GAME ON: Non-stop gaming action Friday night thru Sunday

- VGXPO's now famous arcade and gaming kiosk will run all night long

- Card Gaming and Table-Top gamers go the distance

- BYOC LAN Center: new to the VGXPO is LAN 24 and it will stay open through the entire weekend. We're working to make the VGXPO LAN event the biggest LAN party ever to hit the east coast!

- Massive gaming competitions: competitions are a hallmark of the VGXPO and we plan to expand our events to include games for console, PC and retro platforms

-VGXPO Art Showcase: Game, Comic and SciFi inspired art will have a place at the VGXPO. Professional and aspiring artisans will be on hand showcasing their latest works in our Artist Alley

- VGXPO Awards Show: Our awards show will host the Second Annual VGXPO lifetime Achievement Award and the Fan Choice Awards for best games of 2006

- The VGXPO Game Show: Think you know game trivial? We'll be holding a 'TV Game Show' style contest where you and your friends will be able to compete in a heated battle of gaming trivia

- VGXPO Robot Wars: We love robots, so we'll be holding a robot wars event throughout the weekend

- VGXPO Halloween Showcase: VGXPO will host a number of Halloween themed events including costume events, horror games display, Halloween party area for families and kids and a Haunted House. Vendors and exhibitors will be encouraged to have candy or treats for kids that might stop by their booths

- Bigger Vendor Showcase: Were expanding the vendor area to include more vendors selling games from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today. In addition, we'll provide a discounted option for collectors to set up and sell games

- VideoGame.Org History Museum: The history museum is growing and will be back showcasing games and systems from days gone past

- VideoGame, Comic, TV and Film Celebrities: In 2005, visitors had the opportunity to meet some gaming greats like Tommy Tallarico, Bill Kunkel and Ralph Baer. This year we hope to expand our celebrity guest list to include more legends in gaming and celebrities from the comic book universe, SciFi television & film

- VGXPO Battle of the VideoGame Bands: This competition is what it sounds like. Get ready to sit back and listen to your favorite game group preform in our first annual Battle of the VideoGame Bands

Additional Plans for 2006 and 2007
    Las Vegas and Orlando

We are considering holding large events in Las Vegas and Orlando. We have 2006 (and 2007) dates on hold at convention centers in both Las Vegas, NV and Orlando, FL, but are waiting to commit on them based on exhibitor and vendor interest.

To keep vendor & exhibitor costs down, the convention centers that we have selected are 'right to work' facilities, thus costs to exhibit, would be nearly identical in each city we operate the VGXPO.
    Scheduling and Time Frame

We are considering dates in Las Vegas and Orlando between August and January. We have a few options on dates for 2006, and have even more flexibility for 2007 dates. For Las Vegas we are considering August and September dates as well as dates just prior to the International CES. For Orlando we are considering September dates.

We haven't committed on 2006 dates yet and need to hear from you. Additionally, we want to finalize 2007 dates as soon as possible. What are your thoughts on having the VGXPO in Philadelphia, Las Vegas and Orlando? Would you exhibit in either or both cities? Are these times of year optimal for your company? Would you and your company be inclined to participate in two or three cities in this year - what about 2007?

Please feel free to email your thoughts to me directly.

Warmest and kindest regards,

Ed Fleming
    VGXPO Coordinator
    edfleming@vgxpo.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Ed,

I sent you an e-mail. I think an Orlando VGXPO will be huge!

Looking foward to hearing from you - Ken

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drwily008
    Ed,

I sent you an e-mail. I think an Orlando VGXPO will be huge!

Looking foward to hearing from you - Ken
    \

Thanks for the message Ken! We agree, cities like Orlando and Las Vegas are great because of the local gamers and the vactation oppertunities that they offer to those that come from outside the region. I had the oppertunity to look at 4 convention centers in Orlando and all of them are great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

I'm not sure if you ever sent me an e-mail back about setting up as a vendor...or if it is to early. But please keep me on file and send me a PM or e-mail if you hear any more details.

Thanks!

-Ken

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drwily008
    I'm not sure if you ever sent me an e-mail back about setting up as a vendor...or if it is to early. But please keep me on file and send me a PM or e-mail if you hear any more details.

Thanks!

-Ken
    We are looking at Orland for 2007. The Philly 2006 show is planned for Oct 27 - 29. Hope to see you there.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: VGXPO 2006 Exhibitor Update

Quote Originally Posted by Ed-Fleming
    As most of you already know, America's VideoGame Expo 2005 (aka VGXPO) was a HUGE success. Fans and vendors agreed, the VGXPO met or exceeded expectations -- we were the place to be to experience the best of gaming.

As most of us here know, that just wasn't the case.
    [SIZE="4"]<< INSERT MESETA FOR SIGNATURE >>[/SIZE]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stonic

I beg to differ. VGXPO Philly was great fun and all of the vendors said the show was fantastic for them! Thousands of people came to the show and most of the reviews on DP and Atari Age gave us rave reviews!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stonic

I beg to differ. VGXPO Philly was great fun and all of the vendors said the show was fantastic for them! Thousands of people came to the show and most of the reviews on DP and Atari Age gave us rave reviews!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...all of the vendors said the show was fantastic for them!
    You mean the ones that didn't back out, right?

You can try to candy-coat it all you want, but the attendance figures were FAR below the organizers' expectations, and more than one vendor stated they actually lost money.

Thousands of people came to the show and most of the reviews on DP and Atari Age gave us rave reviews!
    The reviews here were mixed at best. Read for yourself:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74136

Btw, I love guys like yourself who ban DP from their shows, but yet have no problem with promoting it on DP's forums. Or do you beg to differ?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude why are you bashing VGXPO.

For the record: We had 40 10x10 booths last year, we used 35,000 sq ft of space (more double any PhillyClassic), 17000 people came to the show. The reviews are solid, people had fun, vendors were happy and we're already lining up another HUGE event for 2006!

For 2006, we've got over 60,000 sq. ft of space, a number of vendors already signed up, plans for huge amounts of programming, a game center that will be open for 48 continous hours, and an advisory team of videogame industry leaders.

Last thing, DP is not banned from coming to VGXPO. As a matter of fact, I talked with Joe on the phone right before E3 and talked with Jon and Shawn at E3. While I am not sure if they are going to come to VGXPO, we have an open door policy, everyone's invited.

Thousands of people came to the show and most of the reviews on DP and Atari Age gave us rave reviews!
    The reviews here were mixed at best. Read for yourself:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74136

Btw, I love guys like yourself who ban DP from their shows, but yet have no problem with promoting it on DP's forums. Or do you beg to differ? [/quote]

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For the record: We had 40 10x10 booths last year, we used 35,000 sq ft of space (more double any PhillyClassic), 17000 people came to the show. The reviews are solid, people had fun, vendors were happy and we're already lining up another HUGE event for 2006!
    I did come to the show last year and enjoyed it, but 17000 people? I think that many may have shown up to the consumer expo to use the free paper shredder. I was only there on that Saturday, and I don't recall any more than 1000 people being there (if I were asked to guess I'd say it was about 400).

Anyway, the "why are you bashing VGXPO" question seems pretty obvious to me. We learned after the fact that DP was banned from the show. This is not a trivial thing for us who are loyal to DP and expect to see them at shows. OK, they're not banned this year, is that supposed to make it alright?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude why are you bashing VGXPO.
    I'm not bashing VGXPO, I'm bashing all your hyperbole about it. Stop trying to paint a different picture of how the shows actually went down last year.

Last thing, DP is not banned from coming to VGXPO. As a matter of fact, I talked with Joe on the phone right before E3 and talked with Jon and Shawn at E3. While I am not sure if they are going to come to VGXPO, we have an open door policy, everyone's invited.
    I'm talking about LAST year, Ed. It's nice to see your policy has changed, but LAST year it was different.