Thread: Animal Crossers (Spotlight Question)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Animal Crossers (Spotlight Question)

I got this wonderful game from my Fiance for christmas, and I have played literally everyday since then. (It is how I wind down when I get off work in the mornings).

I have yet to have seen up to this point any of the Spotlight items. Like I said I have visited the store everyday, are this just really rare and only time travellers see them? Or is there something I am doing wrong, would staying off of the game make them appear?

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this happening, I have not found any information, game faqs, nintendo power, etc... mentioning this issue.
    They call me Ha-do-ken, cause I'm down, right, fierce.

www.LANgaming.net
    www.RetroGoggles.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does it have anything to do with what store Nook has at the time? What version of the store is it? I thought they only show up in Nookingtons.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing the game since Chistmas. I've checked Nook's store every day, and not seen a spotlight item.

I read on gamefaqs that it has to do with your luck, but I find that hard to believe... I think my feng shui is pretty good.

At this rate, I'll never get my Robo-Stereo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm.. weird. I dunno.

On a side note, tomorrow both my house and Nook's store are being upgraded. So I won't be able to do nothing for the day. Unless I happen to stumble onto someone's town. But for that someone would have to let me in.

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me either. I just saw the space ship for the first time this evening, and I didn't get it shot down. I hate how some things never happen, kind of a bummer. Especially is I won't be able to change my haircut because I don't have Wifi or know anyone with a DS.....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collecter
    Me either. I just saw the space ship for the first time this evening, and I didn't get it shot down. I hate how some things never happen, kind of a bummer. Especially is I won't be able to change my haircut because I don't have Wifi or know anyone with a DS.....
    Oh yeah, that sucks. 'Cause that's the only way to get Nookington's is to have someone buy something from your shop.

You should hit a McDonald's WiFi hotspot - free WiFi for DS, and then you could arrange to have people meet you @ a certain time....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's a question. What do you do when you see the flying gift box? Do I need a slingshot or gun or rocket launcher or something? And when does the rocket launcher salesman come around town anyway? Seriously though, in the old game you could follow it until it landed. But mine just kept going off the edge of the map.

Also, I keep thinking it's raining outside because it was raining in the game.

Also, I bought a painting from Redd today. (Friday is my Redd Visitation day.) I hope it's not fake. I'll find out when I donate it to the museum next week.

Oh, and man. Turnip prices were terrible this week. I bought them at 90 and it never went above that. I had to sell today for 51. Never again. Screw the Stalk Market.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Here's a question. What do you do when you see the flying gift box? Do I need a slingshot or gun or rocket launcher or something? And when does the rocket launcher salesman come around town anyway? Seriously though, in the old game you could follow it until it landed. But mine just kept going off the edge of the map. :
    You can eventually buy a slingshot from Nook's. It's still a pain in the ass to shoot them down though, cause you have to equip your slingshot, and then run to a spot where you can hit the box. Then you have to hope the damn thing doesn't land in the water...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've gotten lots of spotlight's since Christmas, but not one stupid emotion! Everybody who comes to my town can do these little gay sparkly things and then ask me what i can do. Well I can run around in circles... But then they laugh at me..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, if they laugh at you, then just cut down all their trees and trample their flowers. That'll show 'em.

Given the nature of this game, I'm sure you won't discover everything there is to find for months.
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like the original Animal Crossing, it's more likely you'll get a rare item from the villagers. If you send them each a letter per day and add a fruit as a present, you should get a lot if items back. I've filled up my inventory pretty well with this method. BTW, anyone have both the crown and royal crown? That's my "crowning" achievement in my game!