Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "E3 2006" -- The Best Ever ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default "E3 2006" -- The Best Ever ?

Consider .....

Microsoft's "XBOX360" had it's debut at "E305" with SONY & Nintendo saying only that yes -- their new machines are on the way.

This leaves just 2 companies vying for all the attention.

1] SONY -- SONY says the "PS3" is much better than "XBOX360".
    Developers say the difference between "PS3" & "XBOX360" is negligible at best.
    The road so far has been a bit bumpy what with an uncertain release date, complications with manufacturing the "Cell" processor & the posibility that "Blu-Ray" Hi-D DVDs won't be the standard as opposed to HD-DVD.
    Everyone wants ta see what SONY really has.
    Their future in the gaming industry's riding on this so they're gonna be set to blow everyone away.
    They have to be ....

2] Nintendo --
    "GameBoy Evolution" > A new "GameBoy" with "DreamCast"-level visuals & a built-in hardrive so you can store games on it without having to clutter your pockets with carts.
    Needless to say, goodness knows whatever else is onboard [WiFi, NetBrowser, etc.] will be phenomenal.
    A New IP > There's a new character on the way on the level of "Mario", "Zelda" & "Donkey Kong". Who know what that is lol
    "Revolution" [not it's real name lol] > This is supposedly the cat's meow.
    Those that know are absoulutely dying to sing it's high praises from the rooftops but are prevented from doing so by NDAs.
    Is there some sort of 3D projection involved or is it just a regular machine controlled by a gimmicky wand ?
    And everyone whose job it is to be aware of such things say that if Nintendo crashes & burns with this console, it'll be SEGA-mode for them ....

So there you have it.

I think because of what SONY & Nintendo both have at stake & whatever secret tech wizardry they have up thier sleeves but up until now have been sitting on that this show will be the be-all end-all of videogame shows.

Opinions?

Later!
    CLICK > "paisleyATOM" -- Your Source For 68000 Apple Computer Entertainment

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Well I'm not going to be there so by default it's not possible for it to be the best ever.

But honestly, meh. I'm excited to see all these things but every year they boast about how amazing the new stuff is gonna be. Two years ago it was the DS and PSP, and last year it was a completely lackluster showing by all 3 major publishers (in terms of next gen).

Based on the show the DS had last year (amazing), I'd be willing to bet that there will just be a bunch more doublespeak this year from everyone and that 07 will really be the year to usher in the next gen with a load of huge titles all well along in their cycles, playable on the floor. Until then the only things to REALLY look forward to are the press conferences, the show floor is probably gonna be pretty boring.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no booth babes...booooo!

but seriously seems like it will be pretty interesting to see what new ways the industry has of siphoning money from my wallet. shame I'll never be able to get into this trade show.

hopefully more 360 games...cause frankly that this is starting to collect dust

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm more interested in the new GameBoy than anything else. Especially if it's DS compatible. I haven't bought a DS yet, so it would be sweet if one system could play both.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are Nintendo set to announce the new GameBoy? I don't think so.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    Are Nintendo set to announce the new GameBoy? I don't think so.
    Not a chance in hell, not this year. The DS has unbelievable momentum, there's no way they would risk breaking that and potentially "betraying" consumers who have adopted the DS already. It's only been out for what, a year and a half? At the earliest, winter 07 for the GBE.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, this is jumping the gun a bit with introducing a new GameBoy. When DS Lite just hit the scene a few days ago...

07' maybe, but 06'? No I just can't see it, yet who knows. Nintendo is always full of secrets and surprises without a doubt.
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah dude that sounds just like Nintendo. Also they're going to announce a proprietary movie format, their own record label, and a line of kitchen appliances.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye
    Yeah dude that sounds just like Nintendo. Also they're going to announce a proprietary movie format, their own record label, and a line of kitchen appliances.
    Don't forget that Nintendo are rumoured to be buying out Playboy... (hah, they could rename it Gameboy!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you guys are lucky enough to be going you should be careful. Some psycho is gonna be there trying to kill people with a knife.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evil_genius
    If you guys are lucky enough to be going you should be careful. Some psycho is gonna be there trying to kill people with a knife.
    Yeah, make sure you call E3 security and direct them to guard the Atlus USA booth.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought the gameboy evolution WAS the nintendo ds. I thought it was just a code name a few years ago before the official DS was announced? I dont wanna see the Big N go the way of Sega and destroy themselves by releasing too many consoles all in a few years. That would be a terrible idea. If there is something in the works, I hope nintendo waits at leaset a few years. unless of course it is compatible with the nitnendo ds, in which case it would have to have two screens, one of them being a touch screen, in which case it would be more of a Nintendo DS evolution as oppose to a GB Evolution. In any case, just my two cents.
    "Do you find me sadistic?" - BILL

Collection and want list
    http://65.61.168.22/Collection/gamec...erid=link21580

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

But, running with scissors won't be able to bring the postal babes and gary coleman!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

My E3 Prediction:

Sony - They'll show a bunch of really cheap looking powerpooint presentations and go on about how they control the world. Then they'll show us a bunch of flashly videos and a few new tech demos.

On the floor they'll have videos but no playable games and behind closed doors Journalists will get their first, bitter taste of real gameplay.

Microsoft - They'll have a really glamours over done intro and then the three talking heads will come out and share essentially state that Sony makes promises of the future, but with xbox the future is here now. Followed by several videos highlighing current and upcoming 360 successes. The 360 Camera will most likely be revealed as well as the HD DVD addon.

On the floor they'll have a lot of playable games and a lot of inpressive videos. Expect Gears of War to be playable.

There will be a few behind closed doors demos.

Nintendo will come out and talk about the amazing success of the DS, talk about the GBA and then the Regginator will go full blast into the Rev with tech stats, a large number of tech demos and video.

There will proably be playable Rev games and demos on the floor with a few closed door demos.

Basically Sony will talk a good game, MS will have and show a good game, and Nintendo's gonna let it all hang out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid
    Yeah, make sure you call E3 security and direct them to guard the Atlus USA booth.
    Yeah, that would be the high point of the show. Some guy cowering in the corner, protected by lawyers, scared of those "internet people".
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you asked me last year, I would have told you that the 2006 e3 was going to be the best e3 in several years, but now I would have to disagree with that.

Unfortunately, we are going to have to wait another year for the best e3 in the last 7 or 8 years. Playstation 3 is going to be delayed in the U.S., so it's not going to get the expected rollout at this years e3. We will continue to get a glimpse of what Sony has in store for 2007.

Nintendo obviously will be showing their machine, they've already confirmed it coming out in the U.S. prior to Thanksgiving, so alot of major details will finally be known. I still don't thing a concrete release day will be known, and maybe not a price point either, but playable games will be there. I'm expecting the first real Mario game since Super Mario 64. The downside, is, that Nintendo will only have a handfull of games. It will be like the launch of the Nintendo 64, in terms of just not that many games actually being available.

Microsoft will have a very solid e3, considering the 360 is already out there, and trying to make a name for itself, and trying to get to that 10 million installed base faster than anybody else. They will show lots of upcoming games, Gears of War will be playable, maybe a few other big ones will be playable, we might get a very tiny glimpse at Halo 3, but the real Halo 3 coming out party will be e3 2007.

e3 2007 is going to be huge, because Sony will have a very large presence there, because I think that system will launch maybe a month or two after that e3 show. Nintendo will be showing much more of the what the Revolution has is store, the second wave of games, and the 360 will already be on it's 4th and 5th wave of games by then, and we will really start to see some amazing 360 games as developers will be working on their 3rd or 4th or even 5th 360 game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid
    Yeah, that would be the high point of the show. Some guy cowering in the corner, protected by lawyers, scared of those "internet people".
    He'll probably in the Booth's Panic room.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

E3 2006 is going to be the best E3 ever because...

1. There will be plenty more Nintendo DS games unveiled.
    2. There will be plenty of hands-on with lots of Nintendo DS games I am looking forward to.

That is all.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

With the industry ill with a severe case of sequelitis and little on the horizon that will promote truly intriguing games that are more than mere button-mashers, and with the indie developer quickly becoming a myth, I doubt this E3 will hold anything that's historic and noteworthy.

Just a bunch of big corps trying to shout over each other and vie for the dollars of males who have barely hit puberty.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Juganawt
    PSN
    Juganawt

Chances are that Sony will blow more smoke up our asses with CG instead of ingame footage on PS3 just like they will in March, Nintendo will be showing off NDS Lite ready for the US launch along with video footage of WIP Revolution games, and M$ will be showing the Origami as well as all the upcoming 360 titles.