Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "E3 2006" -- The Best Ever ?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmmm...

Yeah, it looks like hardware will get the lime-light at this year's E3. I don't mind so much, but it also looks like there will be few hardware surprises, as opposed to last year...well not so much surprises as unvailings.

After this year it'll be about software, and expanding your gaming experience with PSP and PS3 interactrivity. DS online functionality. Xbox Live will go farther.

Killzone will it be playable???

Later,
    Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Basically Sony will talk a good game, MS will have and show a good game, and Nintendo's gonna let it all hang out.
    Sounds about right to me, these transition years are never fun. :/ E3 2007 is probably the next show I'll attend.. would make it six years since I'd been last. 1999 was still my favorite. If anything about this year, the SWAG should kick more ass than any other show since there's going to be very little in the way of on the showfloor content and much more blind promotion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My E3 Prediction:

Sony - They'll show a bunch of really cheap looking powerpooint presentations and go on about how they control the world. Then they'll show us a bunch of flashly videos and a few new tech demos.

On the floor they'll have videos but no playable games and behind closed doors Journalists will get their first, bitter taste of real gameplay.

Microsoft - They'll have a really glamours over done intro and then the three talking heads will come out and share essentially state that Sony makes promises of the future, but with xbox the future is here now. Followed by several videos highlighing current and upcoming 360 successes. The 360 Camera will most likely be revealed as well as the HD DVD addon.

On the floor they'll have a lot of playable games and a lot of inpressive videos. Expect Gears of War to be playable.

There will be a few behind closed doors demos.

Nintendo will come out and talk about the amazing success of the DS, talk about the GBA and then the Regginator will go full blast into the Rev with tech stats, a large number of tech demos and video.

There will proably be playable Rev games and demos on the floor with a few closed door demos.

Basically Sony will talk a good game, MS will have and show a good game, and Nintendo's gonna let it all hang out.
    Quoted for truth!

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse
    My E3 Prediction:

Sony - They'll show a bunch of really cheap looking powerpooint presentations and go on about how they control the world. Then they'll show us a bunch of flashly videos and a few new tech demos.

On the floor they'll have videos but no playable games and behind closed doors Journalists will get their first, bitter taste of real gameplay.

Microsoft - They'll have a really glamours over done intro and then the three talking heads will come out and share essentially state that Sony makes promises of the future, but with xbox the future is here now. Followed by several videos highlighing current and upcoming 360 successes. The 360 Camera will most likely be revealed as well as the HD DVD addon.

On the floor they'll have a lot of playable games and a lot of inpressive videos. Expect Gears of War to be playable.

There will be a few behind closed doors demos.

Nintendo will come out and talk about the amazing success of the DS, talk about the GBA and then the Regginator will go full blast into the Rev with tech stats, a large number of tech demos and video.

There will proably be playable Rev games and demos on the floor with a few closed door demos.

Quoted for truth!
    Eh, he just read the script...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree fully with this post. Same thing as it ever was..

And E3 takes place when.....?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I agree fully with this post. Same thing as it ever was..

And E3 takes place when.....?
    May 10th to 12th with the pre-show conferences taking place earlier in the week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Shigeru Miyamoto was beaten severely by the elite Atlus Bodyguards after getting "too close for comfort". Said a spokesman for Atlus " The guy that cleans our toilets was threatned with facial stabbing. We take this very seriously and are prepared to completely shut down E3 and the entire U.S. Electrical grid if deemed neccesarry. Zmweasel is a demi god amongst the Gaming community and no extravagance will be spared in his protection. Nato Forces are at DEFCON 3 And Chuck Norris -IS- in standby mode."

When asked for a comment Chuck Norris had this to say

"Is that a Camel?"

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now THAT would be the best E3 ever! As long as Shiggy recovers fully of course. If not, DAMN YOU, ATLUS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    Shigeru Miyamoto was beaten severely by the elite Atlus Bodyguards after getting "too close for comfort". Said a spokesman for Atlus " The guy that cleans our toilets was threatned with facial stabbing. We take this very seriously and are prepared to completely shut down E3 and the entire U.S. Electrical grid if deemed neccesarry. Zmweasel is a demi god amongst the Gaming community and no extravagance will be spared in his protection. Nato Forces are at DEFCON 3 And Chuck Norris -IS- in standby mode."

When asked for a comment Chuck Norris had this to say

"Is that a Camel?"
    Lmao Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer
    But, running with scissors won't be able to bring the postal babes and gary coleman!
    No, but hopefully it will take out Uwe Boll!
    That would make it the best E3 ever!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youruglyclone
    hopefully more 360 games...cause frankly that this is starting to collect dust
    I can't tell if you're sarcastic or not. In a few days Far Cry, Dynasty Warriors, Top Spin and Rumble Roses will be out. Three of those I plan on buying in the next 6 months.

I will look forward to e3 2007 a little more. By that time, all three will have a console and a handheld (hopefully) and a prretty desperate attitude to knock someone else down. I think Sony will be the whipping boy, only because they will still be the 800 pound gorilla, despite launching the PS3 in America less than 6 weeks ago.
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by DonMarco
    Quote Originally Posted by youruglyclone
    hopefully more 360 games...cause frankly that this is starting to collect dust
    I can't tell if you're sarcastic or not. In a few days Far Cry, Dynasty Warriors, Top Spin and Rumble Roses will be out. Three of those I plan on buying in the next 6 months.

I will look forward to e3 2007 a little more. By that time, all three will have a console and a handheld (hopefully) and a prretty desperate attitude to knock someone else down. I think Sony will be the whipping boy, only because they will still be the 800 pound gorilla, despite launching the PS3 in America less than 6 weeks ago.
    Quite frankly i think E3 05, 06 and 07 are pretty much a matched set. 05 was the opening volly in the war, 06 will be D-Day and 07 is going to be the blistering aftermath.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NOTHING will ever top out E3 2000, nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What happened in 2000? As if I didn't know.