Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: z0mg rare MD cart!!!1111 Eh, not really. :P (big images)

  1. #1
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default z0mg rare MD cart!!!1111 Eh, not really. :P (big images)

    I mentioned buying this at a local flea market today on the Finds thread, but I've got curiosity on finding out how much this is worth. Eheh. :P





    I can't find much info on this other than the fact you could use a modem to play against others via the Genesis modem (not the X-Band). Does anyone know how rare this is? Or if it's worth anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  2. #2
    Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    MegaDrive20XX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Waco TX
    Posts
    5,921
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I dunno..but I got a hunch this lil baby is going on my site for "Show and Tell"
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

  3. #3
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    I dunno..but I got a hunch this lil baby is going on my site for "Show and Tell"
    Come again? Show and tell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  4. #4
    ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    3,289
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Looks like some kind of Shanghai game. Adol would know.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

    Get BIT!

  5. #5
    Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    MegaDrive20XX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Waco TX
    Posts
    5,921
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    I dunno..but I got a hunch this lil baby is going on my site for "Show and Tell"
    Come again? Show and tell?
    I run a Sega fan-based forum on the side

    To answer your question, you have found a real Megadrive game...it's not a bootleg or hack...it's an online/offline MAHJONG game! That comes in a similar case to that of the Mini-version of "Batman" JPN MD
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

  6. #6
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    I dunno..but I got a hunch this lil baby is going on my site for "Show and Tell"
    Come again? Show and tell?
    I run a Sega fan-based forum on the side

    To answer your question, you have found a real Megadrive game...it's not a bootleg or hack...it's an online/offline MAHJONG game! That comes in a similar case to that of the Mini-version of "Batman" JPN MD
    There's no doubt in my mind that it's legit, I'm just wondering what to do with it. :P I don't think there are any hardcore JP Mega Drive collectors around. XP

    You still haven't answered my question. What do you plan to do with the pictures I posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  7. #7
    Great Puma (Level 12) anagrama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Tel Tel Mahjong: http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=31243

    It's fairly uncommon, but not a mega-rarity. There's one on eBay with a $34 BIN, but I dunno if that's a good deal or not.

  8. #8
    Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    MegaDrive20XX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Waco TX
    Posts
    5,921
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    I dunno..but I got a hunch this lil baby is going on my site for "Show and Tell"
    Come again? Show and tell?
    I run a Sega fan-based forum on the side

    To answer your question, you have found a real Megadrive game...it's not a bootleg or hack...it's an online/offline MAHJONG game! That comes in a similar case to that of the Mini-version of "Batman" JPN MD
    There's no doubt in my mind that it's legit, I'm just wondering what to do with it. :P I don't think there are any hardcore JP Mega Drive collectors around. XP

    You still haven't answered my question. What do you plan to do with the pictures I posted?
    Have a look see We've been trying to keep track of oddball games lately

    http://s9.invisionfree.com/Sega_Spet...showtopic=1435

    (56k warning btw)
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

  9. #9
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Tel Tel Mahjong: http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=31243

    It's fairly uncommon, but not a mega-rarity. There's one on eBay with a $34 BIN, but I dunno if that's a good deal or not.
    Shoot, I thought I'd linked to that. Sorry. I tried finding the game on eBay but didn't get a hit while searching. =\

    GnG:
    Hey, about that thread - a local rental place HAS that Final Bout SNES bootleg! I want to play it, but I don't own a SNES anymore. They also had a SNES Tekken 2 bootleg back in the day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  10. #10
    Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    MegaDrive20XX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Waco TX
    Posts
    5,921
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Real Bout SNES bootleg? Hot damn, I'd love to get a hold of that baby
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

  11. #11
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    Real Bout SNES bootleg? Hot damn, I'd love to get a hold of that baby
    Dragon Ball Z Final Bout! Not Real Bout Fatal Fury. :P

    The thread mentions they're common in Mexico, but that must be down south. We rarely get anything good in the north because we're close to the border and customs agents are more aggressive down here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  12. #12
    Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    MegaDrive20XX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Waco TX
    Posts
    5,921
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Ohhh that one Yeah I've seen a few of those lately. I had Fatal Fury on the mind lately...I dunno why
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

  13. #13
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    247
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    Real Bout SNES bootleg? Hot damn, I'd love to get a hold of that baby
    Dragon Ball Z Final Bout! Not Real Bout Fatal Fury. :P

    The thread mentions they're common in Mexico, but that must be down south. We rarely get anything good in the north because we're close to the border and customs agents are more aggressive down here.
    Just hit up morelia, in el centro, theres this little spot called nintendo renta, they got this bootleg pokemon game for snes lol. Dunno if its still there as I saw it on vacation back in december.

  14. #14
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Hey! good find!, congratulations

  15. #15
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleetness
    Just hit up morelia, in el centro, theres this little spot called nintendo renta, they got this bootleg pokemon game for snes lol. Dunno if its still there as I saw it on vacation back in december.
    Erm... Morelia, down near Mexico City? I live in Mexicali. I don't think I can hitch a ride there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  16. #16
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Streamwood, IL
    Posts
    323
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    The game in question is Tel Tel Mahjong. What is the condition and how much are you looking for if you are going to be selling it?

  17. #17
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by segagamer
    The game in question is Tel Tel Mahjong. What is the condition and how much are you looking for if you are going to be selling it?
    It's in pretty good condition, all things considered. The top part of the label is apparently peeled off but the label's fine. The box has some scratches on the side but nothing very noticeable. The manual's in good condition but the back cover has phone numbers scribbled on them, and the bottom/top edges are slightly curled upwards (I assume due to the way the manual is stored). The label on the box seems to be slightly faded.

    As for the price, I have NO clue what this is worth. I thought it could be rare due to the fact that it used a modem, but now I'm not so sure. I may put it up for auction tonight or tomorrow.

    Could someone link me to that auction that was mentioned earlier in the thread? I'm curious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  18. #18
    Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    twiddle your ball sack Indiana
    Posts
    9,092
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

    Default

    Elevendy hundred dollars. At least.

  19. #19
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong
    Elevendy hundred dollars. At least.
    I want CAD $1'000,000!*

    * 10 USD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Similar Threads

  1. Quick question about escalated eBay dispute (z0mg FBI!)
    By Kitsune Sniper in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 04:09 AM
  2. Is this Beamrider cart rare or fake?
    By vintagegamecrazy in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 09:58 AM
  3. Cobra Mission / Metal & Lace DOS (adult games z0mg!)
    By Kitsune Sniper in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 02:51 AM
  4. One for PDF? Death star !!!!!!!!!!1111
    By Daft Punk in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 05:32 PM
  5. Ti-99 Collectors: Is This Cart Rare?
    By norkusa in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2002, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •