Hello all!!

I'm new to this forum.. and I'm here to ask for your help.

I'm a 34 year old with a 2 year old son. I currently have an Xbox that my son loves to play but doesn't treat it gently. Since his huge intrest in video games, I thought I would pull out my old Atari 2600 for him to abuse since I know I put some abuse on it myself...But then I started thinking of how much I enjoyed playing this system when I first got it. It was a gift from my father when I was 10 years old. So after I got it running and started playing the games I felt I should save it until he's a few years older before I give it to him.....Anyways I decided on purchasing a Colecvision on ebay for him. (I always wanted one of these when I was growing up). I found one that came with the Atari Expansion Module #1 and The Steering wheel Expansion Module #2.

The problem I'm having is when I try to play turbo everything works except it does not steer. I've tried 3 different sets of new batteries. I even opened it up and cleaned it with a dust can and contact/control cleaner & lubricant I bought @ Radio Shack. I've surfed the web on every search engine trying to find a repair manual, FAQ, or even a post on every forum I can find for the last 12 hours without any luck.

So I come to you asking if anyone knows how to repair The Colecovision steering wheel or knows of someone or a link that can guide through the process.... My son, My Xbox & I would greatly appreciate it....

Thanx,
Gio