Thread: I have a pricing/crating question about Crazy Taxi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Default I have a pricing/crating question about Crazy Taxi.

I have wanted the sit down version of Crazy Taxi (SEGA) for quite some time now. I'm going to be upfront and let all of you know that I have no money as of current time to buy a cabinet.

What kind of price should I expect to pay on a "newer" sit down cab like this?

Also what is the general cost to crate and ship an upright or sitdown say....cross country (California to Florida)?

I know these are generic questions, but I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row for my first cabinet (at home).

Thanks - Ken (DrWily008)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Concerning shipping large sitdown games, if they can be disassembled into modular units it can sometimes be cheaper. (not sure if a Crazy Taxi can be disassembled though) For instance I've had a brush with buying a Virtua Racing sitdown a few times. The last time I found one really cheap, fully restored, and then I got the freight quotes. All in one big crate it was some crazy price. However the part of the cabinet that houses the controls and monitors, and the other part that contains the seats and all the boards can be separated. Shipped as two pieces in two smaller crates would have saved me like $500 or something, but the seller wouldn't agree to it - because he was a prick. Just the same, it was still pretty expensive in two parts.

The moral of the story - when you're ready to buy take your time and call around local arcades and amusement vendors. It's usually cheaper to drive a couple hundred miles and pick it up yourself with these larger arcade machines.

Someday I'll get that damn VR sitdown... I already missed out on the VirtualOn machine at a local arcade for $400 a couple years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

LINK

$1,000 for a sit down, which I would think is a pretty good deal for a game that still makes money. There were some listed for $2500-$3k that didn't hit reserve.

As for shipping? I would think $500 would be cheap considering the distance and weight but I'm not sure.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not much to add except:

- Regular variety cabs shipping is typically $300-$500. I'd expect to shell out a lot more for something as big as CT, but I haven't looked into it.

- Regardless, CT is a popular machine. I'd bet you could land one locally, or locally enough to pick it up yourself, within 6 months of constant searching. Definitely worth spending some time to locate one near you to save a bundle on shipping.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Thanks guys! Those are the answers I was looking for. I will look locally when I am ready to get it (probably summer). I am also going to pick myself up a NeoGeo 4-slot MVS around the same time.

I'm going to start up a min-arcade in my dining room.......haven't dicussed this with my wife yet though!

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drwily008
    I'm going to start up a min-arcade in my dining room.......
    Sure, you say that now... but just wait until you've gotten your first machine. They're like potato chips - can't have just one.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For shipping of games, I'd recommend NAVL... their prices are very reasonable, and the games don't need to be crated (makes the seller very happy). They'll usually ship 2 games for the price of 1. It depends from where to where, but I shipped an upright and a cocktail from VA to CA for $390, and a 50" big screen Waverunner arcade from VA to IN for under $500 (that machine weighed 1600 lbs).

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm going to start up a min-arcade in my dining room.......haven't dicussed this with my wife yet though!
    That's how I started ... one game in the dining room!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    That's how I started ... one game in the dining room!
    I've seen your setup before in the "Room-of-Doom" pics, very sweet. I will probably add on to my house in the next few years and do something similar in a loft above my game room. Enter into a home theater through a long loft hallway full of uprights....a lobby if you will.