Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sunday bump to the top

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

These auctions end TONIGHT! Put in your best bid and good luck to all.

BTW people have been poking about VAMPIRE the Game Gear game and asking me "why is it like Castlevania? I *LOVE* Castlevania. Please elaborate."

I just copy and paste to them this great review by someone else:

Every once in a while I'll go out hunting for old treasures everyone pays no attention to because they were too busy playing only popular games(shallow idiots) and I'll come upon something and be encouraged to say WHY THE HECK IS THIS GAME SO HORRIBLY KNOWN!! Which is exactly the case for this game.

~So... what is this? Sounds stupid so far~
    What, my high talk not good enough for you? It's a action-platformer where you, of course jump around killing undeads that are all led by none other than Vlad Dracul(most known as Dracula). Of course he never knows when to quit sending endless amounts of enemies hording your way to give it all they've got to stop... Doctor Social?(Yeah, they actually named him that...)

~That sounds like Castlevania...~
    Exactly! Cept the thing is that this game has a lot of stuff that it took Castlevania YEARS to figure out they needed. Instead of just a basic weapon there are swords, axes, staves, guns, bombs and just about anything else you need(a missile launcher or BFG would have helped, but... oh well).

~I bet the music isn't as good~
    El contraire, it is! All of the music(especially that of ''In the wake of Dracula'') is GREAT. As is the boss music, which I like simply because it gives you the feel you're in a wild battle against an outstanding foe. Personally, I found myself not only adding this music to my collection, but going through it time and time again just to hear the music in everything. It not only fits the situation well, but sounds astounding considering this is the Game Gear.

~Oh please, you are SO making this sound better than it is...~
    No, not really, it is that good. You can destroy countless vampires in succession and then come face to face with a huge, menacing boss that will have you constantly keeping your eye on your life(or the game over screen). Also the graphics; it's just amazing how much detail was put into... well, everything! There are birds in the background flying around, motion everywhere to make the atmosphere look alive, and pretty much everything you could want for aesthetic pleasure.

~And the replay value? What'cha gotta say 'bout that?~
    Depends. Personally, I can't stop coming back to this game... the fun factor on this is HIGH(not a unlockable in sight either)

-------Overall-------
    Graphics: 9.7/10
    Sound: 9.8/10
    Lasting appeal: 10/10
    Gameplay: 9.9/10
    Control: 9.6/10
    Overall: 9.8(Rounded to 10)

If you ever see this, I HIGHLY suggest you try to get it, even if you don't have a Game Gear, you may run across that cheap too.