Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: IT'S OVER! Check out the top 10 and full list!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evildead2099
    Quote Originally Posted by classicb
    I'll venture a guess that we will see at least two more Sonic titles on this list if not more.
    My guess is that if this list is any good, we'll see Sonic 2, Sonic CD, and possibly Sonic 1.

Oh there is no freaking question we will see Sonic 2. In fact, I would be suprised if it didn't make the top 30. Sonic CD will definitely arrive as well, personally, I think Sonic CD is slightly overrated but it's definitely one of the best Sonics. There isn't any question we will see Sonic 1. It might have ultimately been the 3rd or 4th best Sonic game from a gameplay and level selection standpoint, but it is the original game that started everything off.

I was a little off target above, I didn't read very closely, I didn't know that this version of Sonic that was ranked didn't already count the Genesis version. I thought that Mortal Kombat II got ranked for multiple systems, and when I saw Sonic the Hedgehog, I thought it was going to be the same thing as Mortal Kombat II. I assumed that Genesis was included. I thought that he meant that the Game Gear and Master System versions were added to the Genny totals.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

It was a hard way to pull the distinction, but I believe the SMS/GG version is a bit different to the original MD/Genesis version...? Hence a reason for separating them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad to see the list is finally making it up. Seeing what games are in the bottom 10 makes me think that 2600 Miniature Golf is not going to make the list.

Someone mentioned editing the original post to make for easier reading when the next batch is posted. I second this, or making a new post altogether (but that would make too many stickies, I guess).
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fergojisan
    Glad to see the list is finally making it up. Seeing what games are in the bottom 10 makes me think that 2600 Miniature Golf is not going to make the list.

Someone mentioned editing the original post to make for easier reading when the next batch is posted. I second this, or making a new post altogether (but that would make too many stickies, I guess).
    The end of the Top 100 post explains how I will be editing the first post to make reading easier, so no worries folks, we're going to make this as simple as possible!

-AB+
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AB Positive
    Quote Originally Posted by fergojisan

The end of the Top 100 post explains how I will be editing the first post to make reading easier, so no worries folks, we're going to make this as simple as possible!

-AB+
    Sorry about that, I totally missed it in my haste to get to the list.
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so its been past 3 days...

more like 5....
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie_says_relax
    With all the recent "Imagine" series (which are pretty much VERY sexist representations of what "young girls" should "enjoy" doing - Imagine Cooking, Imagine Fashion, Imagine Babiez) I was thinking that they should just combine them all into one title. It would be much more fun ...
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...kingBabies.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just sticking a note in here so I can follow it in "My POsts" hehe.

Just kidding, it looks fantastic! Somewhat shocked to see Sonic for SMS/GG in there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaWHT
    Somewhat shocked to see Sonic for SMS/GG in there!
    i'm shocked that more people aren't shocked

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I'm definitely surprised to see it.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    I'm definitely surprised to see it.

Chris
    I am also suprised that it made the list; I thought that I was the only one who thought the GG version of Sonic 1 was top-notch.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Shocking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Juganawt
    PSN
    Juganawt

Doh! I obviously joined DP too late to vote... Here's hoping that Elite, Speedball 2, and Monkey Island 2 all are in the top 20

If you ever do a "bottom" 100 of the worst abominations of videogaming, count me in!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juganawt
    Doh! I obviously joined DP too late to vote... Here's hoping that Elite, Speedball 2, !
    Hopefully speedball 2 is in there, i put that close to the top on mine! Great game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great job to everyone involved!! Very cool indeed!
    I like how there is pictures for each of the spots too, not just text ya know. Makes it look more official I guess you could say.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

UPDATE!

OK, maybe every three days is a bit much, but I doubt I'd go over a week with an update.

I might even go crazy and do one tomorrow if the adoption of a new kitty cat doesn't take up too much spare time

-AB+
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

once again another masterful writeup, however, since the writeups are intriquing to me, I feel the need for a description on each game.

sega games are ruling the list!
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie_says_relax
    With all the recent "Imagine" series (which are pretty much VERY sexist representations of what "young girls" should "enjoy" doing - Imagine Cooking, Imagine Fashion, Imagine Babiez) I was thinking that they should just combine them all into one title. It would be much more fun ...
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...kingBabies.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Grandia is straight gansta trippin boy!

Ahem...anyways, I am quite happy to see that one of my top 10 of all time made it to the almighty list. I did vote for it among others so here is hoping to see a few more of my obscure picks!

Matt & Adam, great job on the list by the way. After it is finished you should cut n' paste it all in desending order for one clean post.

Then you can publish it in the Digital Press Guide 8!

BTW - if there are any games that I voted for that are going to make the top 50, I would be more than happy to do a few quick writeups for the lists! I promise I will keep anything you send me a SECRET.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 2nd installment took a long time to show up!

Anyway, it's nice to see Daytona USA recognised, although someone should have mentioned that despite how well the game plays, it features awful graphics compared to the arcade version.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When viewing the last 10 games, all of the games maked pretty good sense. None of the games jumped out at me, like they don't belong there at all. But, after seeing this second 10.... I'm not so sure. Of course opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one, but I gotta call em like I see em.

Here is my personal take on 90 to 81

90. Daytona USA - ok, it doesn't say whether this is multiple consoles, like Saturn and Arcade, or just Saturn, but either way, I don't think this game belongs on this list. If it does, it belongs at 100. Reason being, that the Saturn game isn't even the best racer on the Saturn. The Arcade game was definitely amazing, but still, unless you are really into mid 90's arcade games, I can't rank that game that high. Plus, I must admit that I really didn't play games like Daytona in the arcade. The original Saturn Daytona USA is a very good, but very flawed game. Still, overall, with all it's flaws, I like it, but being the 2nd best Saturn racing game, I'm just not sure it's deserving of making a top 100 video games of all forms and all shapes of all times list.

89. Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap - ok, I can't speak on this one, other than to say I'm looking for a cheap copy of this game for my Master System. Might as well give it a run on the ol' Commodore 1084.

88. Silent Hill - I got nothing but love for ya baby.... Actually I'm kinda suprised it's this far back on the list.

87. Metal Gear Solid 2 - Personally, I wasn't interested in people ranking anything beyond the Dreamcast, but it wasn't up to me. Definitely a game that belongs on this list if you are considering modern games. Still, I don't like to consider modern games, and I hope I don't see too many more, other than Halo and San Andreas. And Ico of course.

86. Grandia - I only have one thing to say about this. Please, immediately replace the picture of the playstation cover and replace with the Saturn cover. Grandia is a Saturn game first and foremost.

85. Doom 2 - Well, I've heard that PC games have garnered alot of support on peoples list, so I guess I'm not too shocked to see this.

84. Day of the Tenacle - never played, can't really comment.

83. Sonic 3 - I have much love for Sonic 3. I'm kinda suprised it didn't make it into the 70's.

82. Guardian Heroes - I tried to get into this game after hearing all the "treasure" hype, and I've liked some treasure games, but ultimately this one just didn't do it for me. I'm not suprised it's ranked though.

81. Starfox 64 - Wuh???? Didn't people have to submit their top 25 lists? Or was it top 20? I can't remember, but the fact that Starfox 64 made anybodies top 50 is absolutely shocking to me. This is more shocking than Daytona ..... By the way, to all the guys that had Starfox 64 on their lists, it's a good game, but it's not even a top 10 N64 game. Again, opinions are like assholes, and mine is just another opinion in the mist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The presence of Day of the Tentacle reminded me of a major oversight on the list I sent in; I failed to include Maniac Mansion, which would have very likely made my top five. God dammit.

Oh well. List making is an imperfect science, I guess.
    Feedback thread here