Thread: Help with a Japanese Website

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help with a Japanese Website

So I'm something of a MIDI nut ever since I got into game music without having the download speed to really support it. Even with the download speed, I've been collecting MIDIs for a while, and have been scowering Japanese sites for music from games not covered by the English sites.

A while back, I was performing a search for music from Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom when I stumbled across this site:

http://www2.plala.or.jp/yasinoue/oldgame/saramenu.html

Now I may be completely wrong, but if I'm seeing this correctly, there was actually a version of the game that came out PRIOR to the NES release, and was a text parser PC game to boot. However, I'm not sure on the details as I can't read Japanese. If somebody could tell me what's this all about, I'd appreciate it. It's definitely a curiosity.

Dragomorph

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you haven't already, pop the address to

http://tans.org/translater.shtml

or Altavista's Babelfish and see if that helps.

"I never should the games I sold and I have replaced them but they are not the game just a hollow shell of the same game." -RugalSizzler

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And if you are lazy, hear is the text:

Story

Nipponia nippon is a salad kingdom that exists in a star greatly left from a great antiquity long time ago and the earth. Various there kinds of vegetables gathered, and it lived peacefully happily. However, the coup d'etat breaks out suddenly on a certain day. The pumpkin clan who leads the pumpkin defeats the king onion, and the full powers of the salad kingdom has been grasped. Other vegetables who had dissatisfaction in despotic politics of the pumpkin family determined to form rebels and to fight against the king army.
    Having become the center of the rebels is king onion's princess only daughter tomato. However, the princess tomato is kidnapped and has been imprisoned to the fee by soldiers of the king army. Now you who is the cucumber soldier should help out the princess tomato from the devil's hand of the king army.

It is an adventure game of Hudson put on the market following "Dezenirand" in 1984. The katakana input becomes possible, too and "Dezenirand" might be able to be said that it became easy to look for the word in this work though the input is only English in "Dezenirand". However, there is a scene where a considerably wild in parts conception is needed.
    It is assumed capture by an English input here. Because I dislike Japanese input that is not Roman character input (good).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And here is the other links

Starting Point

ADV 2

ADV 3

ADV 4

Love, Captain Qb

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I remember reading that there were several games in the Princess Tomato series, though America only got the lone NES one. Anyone got a link to a site with a breakdown of the series? I've always wanted to look into this beacuae I loved the NES one so much. In fact, it holds the record for the game I played my longest sitting in. I played it for 15 or 16 hours straight until I beat it. I can't believe that was 13 years ago. I never even came remotely close to playing any game for that long again. Maybe 5 hours tops in FF VII, that's about it.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!