Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever used the Courts to remove feedback?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Understood. But.

"Game does not work" or "Severely scratched; he gave no refund". How is that any way satisfactory & deserving a neutral??? You paid for something & got nothing.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Neutral can also be "dangerous". If you leave it first you might get a negative in return. Like i bought a game and when i get it i see i payed about twice the much in shipping. I e-mailed the seller 4 times about it, but no answer. Eventho i got the game and it works great im still going to give a negative because of extremely poor communication and damn high shipping (yes i asked before i bought).
    Also sent a mail about something else and got reply quick so the seller is clearly avoiding my other questions :\

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    extremely poor communication and damn high shipping (yes i asked before i bought).
    Don't think "high shipping" is valid complaint. You knew the shipping was high & I would respond: NEG: "Think shipping is too high? Then you should not have bid. Common sense."

"poor communication" is a valid negative. And yeah neutrals are dangerous 'cause many sellers view them as negatives & will neg you back.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well.. i didnt know it was that cheap to send it. I knew the game was heavy (complete Neo Geo game) so i thought the shipping quote i was given was fairly right. I also checked the USPS shipping calculator myself and came to the aproximate same price i payed.

If the seller just had replied or mentioned before that the price included both shipping and handling it would be something diffrent.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also checked the USPS shipping calculator myself and came to the aproximate same price i payed.
    Ditto the seller. He probably did not know true Shipping cost was 1/2 the USPS quote. Don't blame the seller. Blame USPS' stupid calculator.

Curious--- How much was the gross total (price + s&h)?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    I also checked the USPS shipping calculator myself and came to the aproximate same price i payed.
    Ditto the seller. He probably did not know true Shipping cost was 1/2 the USPS quote. Don't blame the seller. Blame USPS' stupid calculator.
    Then the seller could have refunded what i overpayed. I know the seller got my mails since i sent the "trick" mail as i mentioned earlier and i got reply fast. Then i sent the same question about why i payed too much, and was ignored. So i bet the seller knew all along.

It doesnt bother me THAT much that i overpayed on shipping. What annoys me is the very poor customer service. Id say that if you sell stuff the customer supports count 90%.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

seller probably did not know true cost was 1/2 the USPS quote. Don't blame the seller. Blame USPS' stupid calculator.
    Then the seller could have refunded what i overpayed.
    While I agree it's bogus he ignores your emails--- i don't agree he owes you a refund. The terms of sale ARE the terms of sale. Put another way: "The price is negotiable (highest bid wins) but shipping/handling is not." The auction's closed. The cost is fixed.

And would tell you that (with a cost breakdown) when answering your mail

How much TOTAL did you pay?
    If only paid $10-20 price+ship why complain?
    You should be happy with that bargain.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The shipping wasnt stated in the auction, i forgot to mention that. I asked and got the price over mail.
    Well.. if the seller owns me the money.. i think its bad salesmanship (if that is the right word to use) to charge alot more in shipping without explaining why its so much. If i got a mail saying "the price included shipping and handling" i would just leave it. But when i get ignored its a sign that this person is a lousy seller.

The shipping was about $12 and i payed $23. If it was only 2-3 dollars more i wouldnt bother, but when its almost the double i feel ripped off. The game went for what it normal sells for so i didnt get any bargain there.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If i got a mail saying "the price included shipping and handling" i would just leave it.
    Understood. "Poor communication / does not answer emails".

If I was selling NeoGeo I'd probably charge $16 per game.

$3.00 HANDLING (ebay/paypal fees for $50 item)
    + $13.10 SHIPPING(12 Post + 0.25 Envelope + 0.25 Gas + 0.60 DC)
    ================================================== =
    $16.10

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, that would be a more realistic price. It was shipped in a Global Priority Mail box (arent these free?) and wrapped in some Fedex bubblewrap envelope. So the seller didnt have an expence of ~$12 to ship it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

extremely poor communication and damn high shipping (yes i asked before i bought).
    Don't think "high shipping" is valid complaint. You knew the shipping was high & I would respond: NEG: "Think shipping is too high? Then you should not have bid. Common sense."

"poor communication" is a valid negative. And yeah neutrals are dangerous 'cause many sellers view them as negatives & will neg you back.
    I gotta say it, I think the communication thing is over rated. I have over 1300 positives on eBay and truthfully I probably never even emailed 2/3 of them. What's really to communicate? Here's a typical example of one of my auctions;

Seller wins one of my auctions - they get an invoice automatically from eBay

They pay via PayPal - I automatically get a notification from PayPal stating this.

I leave the buyer good feedback and ship their product.

A week or so later I get positive feedback from the buyer indicating that they received their item and that they were happy. (Yeah, I also have delivery confirmation as backup)

There we go, entire transaction start to finish and not one personal email sent by either of us. Now sure, there are exceptions like when a seller wants to pay with a money order or something else comes up but honestly 2/3 of my transactions require no communication if both partys perform as they should.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agree with Griking. Most of the necessary communication (you won- your item shipped) was automatically handled by Ebay & paypal. STILL it's important that seller's answer buyer's questions-- not just ignore them.

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seller wins one of my auctions - they get an invoice automatically from eBay

They pay via PayPal - I automatically get a notification from PayPal stating this.

I leave the buyer good feedback and ship their product.
    This is communication. If the buyer understand what to do the communication is good. If something is unclear and you dont answer or simular the communication is bad. You do communicate with each buyer through the invoice even if its sent automaticly. Mail communication is of course not needed if the buyer dont have any questions.

I dont think it was shipped with GPM, only the box was used for protection. Think airmail was used.