Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B2G1Free from Gamestop, back with a vengence!!

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default B2G1Free from Gamestop, back with a vengence!!

not sure if this belongs in modern gaming, but I figured its a good place to start.

Starting this sunday 4/2, and ending about a week after, all gamestops, and EB as well should be following suit, with a Buy 2 get 1 free. I have confirmed this from for gamestop from my local Gamestop, the ad will be running in this weekends paper. Just a heads up.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup, it's true; they had the ad in question at my local GameStop. I already have mapped out what I'm going to get:

Generation of Chaos for the PSP--$35
    Legend of Heroes for the PSP--$35
    PoPoLoCrois for the PSP--$35 [free]
    Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2--$35
    Stubbs the Zombie for X-Box--$35
    [another $35-ish game that has yet to be decided on] [free]
    Lumines for PSP--$18
    Snow White for Gameboy Color--$15
    TMNT III for B&W Gameboy--$15[free]
    TMNT II for B&W Gameboy--$13
    Boggle for B&W Gameboy--$10
    The Smurfs for B&W Gameboy--$10 [free]

I know which stores have the proper groups of three in stock and everything. Hopefully some retard doesn't come and buy some of the stuff I want between now and Sunday.
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this only on used merchandise, or new too?

And is it only in stores, or online too?
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slapdash
    Is this only on used merchandise, or new too?

And is it only in stores, or online too?
    Only used merchandise, and only in stores.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I checked out my local Gamestop by work, and boy have they slashed prices on used current-gen stuff! I noticed many price drops.

I also noticed the store was setup differently. Instead of having 1 copy of each used game to represent on the wall, they had almost EVERY copy of each used game on the wall! I get to take my pick of the mintiest box & manual now!

Yay!
    #vbender

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't wait. Ever since the merger the 2 for 1 has all but dissapeared in my area. Thanks for the heads up.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    I can't wait. Ever since the merger the 2 for 1 has all but dissapeared in my area. Thanks for the heads up.

just sharin the knowlege...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Sweet. I might just go on a PSP tear.

Chris

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler
    I also noticed the store was setup differently. Instead of having 1 copy of each used game to represent on the wall, they had almost EVERY copy of each used game on the wall! I get to take my pick of the mintiest box & manual now!

Yay!
    this is part of the EB/gamestop converstion that should be done in all stores by May
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, question about this...

When you do the buy 2 get 1 free thing on multiple batches (6, 9, 12 games etc), does it work in sets of 3 or does it take the aggregate of all the games you buy and just take the bottom couple of games out of the total and give you those for free?

Because at Toys R Us, it'd work in sets of 3, so if you scanned in two $30 games and then another $30 game, the third game would be free and then you could scan in 3 $10 games, etc.

I only ask because I splurged a little and bought 6 games when I really only planned on buying 3...and ended up only getting the two cheapest games for free Not sure if it was because of the scan order (wasn't paying close enough attention) or if that's just the way Gamestop rolls.... in which case from now on I'm only buying games there in sets of three. Fuckers. Basically I could have saved $10 (another good game or two off the "cheap as fuck PS2" shelf) if I had used my noggin' and forseen the possible problem.

So yea, does anyone know for sure?

edit - son of a bitch, I just checked my games that I bought and it looks like the assclown behind the counter swapped one of the cases on me. The case I handed her to put the game in had a manual and was in decent condition, the case she put in the bag has no manual and looks like shit.

God damnit, I was extra anal when picking cases off of the shelf, too.. jesus. I'm taking this crap back tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not biting. They're still overpriced compare to what I can do elsewhere, and unless my GameStop brings back the PSX and N64 games I'll continue being pissed that they shut that down only a few months after I got my discount card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is this for used games only, or does it include new?

If it includes new, I'm picking up the two Mario Advance rereleases and Lego Star Wars this week.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx

When you do the buy 2 get 1 free thing on multiple batches (6, 9, 12 games etc), does it work in sets of 3 or does it take the aggregate of all the games you buy and just take the bottom couple of games out of the total and give you those for free?
    According to GameStop, (although not any EBs that I have ever dealt with), the deal is for the lowest prices period. There was one time that I walked into a store and picked out 9 games -- 3 $24.99, 3 $17.99, and 3 $0.99. They rang me up and tried saying that I could only get the three $0.99 games free. I asked if I bought the three $24.99 games together if I could get one free that way. They cashier said yes. So I bought the three $0.99 cent games and walked out.

The next time I came back, the same guy rang me up three seperate times for a similiar situation.

If they don't offer to do it for you, walk out to your car, put the games down, walk back in and do a second transaction. It isn't pretty (and you shouldn't have to do this), but it will work.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan

According to GameStop, (although not any EBs that I have ever dealt with), the deal is for the lowest prices period. There was one time that I walked into a store and picked out 9 games -- 3 $24.99, 3 $17.99, and 3 $0.99. They rang me up and tried saying that I could only get the three $0.99 games free. I asked if I bought the three $24.99 games together if I could get one free that way. They cashier said yes. So I bought the three $0.99 cent games and walked out.

The next time I came back, the same guy rang me up three seperate times for a similiar situation.

If they don't offer to do it for you, walk out to your car, put the games down, walk back in and do a second transaction. It isn't pretty (and you shouldn't have to do this), but it will work.
    I always make sure to get the best deal for people. I mean, I did it for Goodwill, I gotta do it for everyone.

And seriously, you're a bastard if you don't get them the best deal. Why make them do multiple transactions? The shit.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've bought things at three different GameStops in the past few days, and all of them did it in batches of three on their own, so that I got the best deal.

Two funny side notes to this sale:

1) The GameStops I went to are stacking the buy two get one free, three $5.99 DVDs for $10, and GI card discount, so that it works out to where you can get three $5.99 DVDs for $6.41 total (that's how much it was for me after tax). What's interesting is that a great deal of their DVDs in the $5.99 bin can be traded in for more than the $2.14 a piece they cost, when used with the GI card to get more for the trades. For example, Hackers can be traded in for $2.50, or $2.75 with the card, and is in the $5.99 bin. Cheech and Chong's Still Smokin' or Corsican Brothers go for $3.30 a piece after the card. There are others. While minor, it would be fun to try to exploit this.

2) I was talking with a manager, and he said that they got an email from corporate that said that all used items count towards the B2G1 sale, with the only condition being that you can't get a system for free (but if a used system works out not being the cheapest item, it counts towards them getting a non-system for free). I asked him if you bought three things and that the system worked out being the cheapest, would you just get the second-cheapest thing for free, or would you not get anything for free at all, and he said that you would get the second-cheapest thing for free. So, by this logic, you could hypothetically get two used Gameboy Colors for $9.99 a piece and then get a used 2gb memory stick for the PSP for free. I'm sure if you tried this they wouldn't actually allow it, but hey, it's their rules.[/i]
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames
    Is this for used games only, or does it include new?

If it includes new, I'm picking up the two Mario Advance rereleases and Lego Star Wars this week.
    Answered this question when it was asked a few posts up.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

ccording to GameStop, (although not any EBs that I have ever dealt with), the deal is for the lowest prices period. There was one time that I walked into a store and picked out 9 games -- 3 $24.99, 3 $17.99, and 3 $0.99. They rang me up and tried saying that I could only get the three $0.99 games free. I asked if I bought the three $24.99 games together if I could get one free that way. They cashier said yes. So I bought the three $0.99 cent games and walked out.

I would have been tempted to do that myself if it had happened when I've been in the US and the offer has been on, but "fortunately" every store has taken every third game in the stack when piled in value order as the free one.

Actually at every store I specifically asked this before I plonked the games down on the counter and handed money over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes, this is key, when I take advantage of the b2g1free anywhere, I always buy separately, they will screw you if your not careful, the free game is discounted manually, so its up to them to pick, out of the 9, or however many you buy, so like I said, go up with the 3 24.99 titles, then, go back with 3 17.99, etc. this will guarentee you don't get shafted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you dont have to walk out of the store to do that

i Pick out my games -- pick a spot in the store to leave them - and buy 3 at a time -- they never say a thing
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, sorry. I noticed it after posting that, and registering at that cheapassgamer to look for the answer.

I should read more carefully.