Thread: EVEN NEWER B&S Rules WHICH I SUGGEST YOU READ PRONTO

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default EVEN NEWER B&S Rules WHICH I SUGGEST YOU READ PRONTO

Greetings, fellow DP members. After having done much substantial collaboration between moderators and the various lower-level forum citizenry, having taken in numerous suggestions and private pollings, we are finally ready to roll out the new rules for Buying & Selling.

Effective immediately as of April 2, 2006, the new rules are as follows:

-Buying & Selling is a place of business. Recognizing that, we here at DP feel that we should also treat the forum itself as a business. Thus, for those who would wish to participate in our "business"(think of it as a "deal"), we now require a Buying & Selling Registration Fee of no less than $20 USD.

-Upon payment, you will be shipped a special Buying & Selling Registered User Participant Card. Standard shipping & handling fees apply, of course. On this card will be your special Buying & Selling Registered User Participant Code, which you will then use to activate your Buying & Selling Registered User Participant Account. Standard account activation fees apply there also, of course. This stuff is tedious, and we couldn't really be expected to do such without proper compensation, am I right?

-Upon account activation, you will then be transported to the Buying & Selling Business Commencement Portal, where you will be able to purchase front page space to advertise your goods. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that part. To create a Buying & Selling Business Thread, we require an advertising fee of no less than $5 USD. We here at DP now realize that front page space is a precious commodity, providing a lucrative advertising oppurtunity for all involved. We know you'll understand.

-Bumping your thread now costs a dollar. Hey, advertising ain't cheap, folks. You understand.

-As for all the rest of that stuff that was here before -- "Multiple threads", "24 hour bumps" and such, we're just going to have to more or less do away with all of that. Personally, I know I won't have much time to "enforce the rules", as I'm going to be too busy activating special Business Participant accounts and counting all the money!

If there are any questions on this latest development, please feel free to reply here. Happy Buying & Selling!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

'bout time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default membership fees?

Is this real? I have read a lot of posts that seem confusing. x_x .
    If this is real what are the extra fees?Is there still trading?
    Someone please explain this in detail.Thanks

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't tell me you fell for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BERSERKER!

How could you?

You forgot the part about taking a 15% commission on everything we sell here!

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*golf clap*

He's good. I'm seriously impressed. That took alot of thought to make it sound so serious and accurate. Congrats Berserker

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats!
    So I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.I have learned to expect the unexpected.Good job you fooled me.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaWHT
    You forgot the part about taking a 15% commission on everything we sell here!
    He didn't, because any money made here goes straight into my pockets instead via the old "Colonial Rule of 1776" being invoked (ie. we lost but you compensate us).

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all the input, folks! Indeed, as Mayhem clarified, the money would actually go to him, as we have the Official DP Transatlantic Speedboat waiting in the wings ready to transport it to its final UK resting place. Though... I would still get to count it prior.

However. These last 12 hours have been a trying time for us here at DP. After much soul-searching, and having consulted with the DP Spiritual Advisory Board, the DP Moral & Ethics Committee, and the DP Legal Department, we have decided that charging people to make use of Buying & Selling would in fact be spiritually, morally and legally reprehensible. Thusly, we will be doing away with these Even Newer New Rules, and reinstating the Old New Rules immediately.

As such, I'm going to have to lock this thread, as under the Old New Rules it doesn't have anything to do with Buying & Selling. Also, I'm going to have to warn the creator of this rather Off-Topic thread of the Old New Rules we have in place here.

Staying on topic
    Please limit your topics to BUYING, SELLING and TRADING items only. Asking questions of an item's worth, or what is a good price for an item does not really belong here. These types of question should be posted in the Video Game Forum (or Everything eBay if you see it on there), or even go look up the Online Rarity Guide. The only exception to this is an attempt to resolve a deal here (e.g. if people go missing and haven’t been heard from in a while).
    Consider myself warned. Thank you, and good night!