Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oblivion...need Fighter's Guild help badly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Ugh, I was on Bethesdas side with the issues in the game until I tried to actually tell them about the problem. Now I'm just angry.
    It's very possible you missed something (I was on "key within a key" quest that took me to the most remote reaches of the Internet to find a map; Oblivion coverage is still pretty sparse). I'm sure you know about walking over blocks.

I'm sure they're getting TONS of emails from clueless folks who aren't able to fix very simple puzzles, hence the solicitation. Doesn't mean that's not crappy (nor that there aren't bugs), but I know I wouldn't be able to answer that volume of mail either.

Anyway, I'll check out that quest and see how I do.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can see where hezeuschrist is coming from about broken, because I know what went wrong for me. I didn't get a dialog box when I should have and I'll bet that it was because of my "looting the joint when I shouldn't have been there yet". I triggered something that I shouldn't have. Like I said, I got this info from the official walkthrough on Bethesda's site. I should have gotten two pop-ups, but only received the second one. I can't find proof that the trolls killed the people in the cave, and that is what I'm being asked for.

Oh well...I'm into the Brotherhood quests now, and they kick ass and are supremely fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ho, wait, I should have read that better. Yeah, that's definitely causing problems for other people. Would be like real life, except this holds up your guild progression.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

After reading elsewhere that someone with a few dirty disc errors checked their disc to find it was damaged, I checked my disc and it was spotless... so I tried Sedor one last time, and it worked.

double u tee eff.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool.

I'm going to dick around in the game some more and then go back to the cave and see if it doesn't "fix" itself over time. Maybe a trigger spot isn't triggering. Other than that I'll end up with a complete game with the exception of the Fighter's top level. No big deal.....I now know enough that playing my second time with a new character will be cake.

Know what else I like? That they finally gave Khajits and Argonians normal feet. You can equip footwear and they walk more normally. I always hated the way they loped along in Morrowind.