Thread: Dragon Warr.. No, Dragon Quest.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dragon Warr.. No, Dragon Quest.

Ok, Anyone have these games..?
    Like, Dragon Quest I, Dragon Quest II, Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest VI etc. etc.
    I got some questions about these games..

- Can you play this game "random" or do you have to read Japanese-English-Japanese dictionary..

- How much does these games cost?

- Anyone else starting / collecting these games?

- Anyone got pictures of them, like the box art, carts, manuals

And also some discussion would be great.
    The most important thing is that Squrae/Enix is releasing this game to the Europe! ^.^ It is going to be great.
    And that would be great if the Square/Enix would do Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior collection CD for PS2..

Keep it real, Captain Qb.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've beaten (in english) Dragon Warrior 1 and 2, and I've played 3.

I don't really see how it would be possible to play them without knowing what people say. Sometimes it was hard for me to know what to do next when it was in english...
    I go online sometimes, but ... everyone's spelling is really bad, and it's ... depressing.

--Tara from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

BEST SITE FOR IMPORTS!
    http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-pfh-71-99.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Dragon Warr.. No, Dragon Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Qb
    Ok, Anyone have these games..?
    Like, Dragon Quest I, Dragon Quest II, Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest VI etc. etc.
    I got some questions about these games..

- Can you play this game "random" or do you have to read Japanese-English-Japanese dictionary..

- How much does these games cost?

- Anyone else starting / collecting these games?

- Anyone got pictures of them, like the box art, carts, manuals

And also some discussion would be great.
    The most important thing is that Squrae/Enix is releasing this game to the Europe! ^.^ It is going to be great.
    And that would be great if the Square/Enix would do Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior collection CD for PS2..

Keep it real, Captain Qb.
    To answer your questions:

1. It might be possible to play the first one in Japanese with very little Japanese knowledge (mainly because of its sheer simplicity compared to later DQ installments). Any of them from II forward, though...you'd have a tall order, there.

2. The first 4 Japanese Dragon Quests (on the Famicom) usually run about $15 or so each at eBay for complete copies. Dragon Quest I (MSX) usually gets about $25 or so complete, and DQ II (MSX) gets to about $35 or so. Dragon Warrior I US usually runs a mere pittance (less than $3 in most cases) for cart-only, though it can still fetch a handy $20 or so for a complete one. Dragon Warrior II and III US go for $20-$30 cart-only (about $45-$55 complete). Dragon Warrior IV US is usually a pain to try and find for anything under $40 cart-only (I paid $40 for mine a couple years back), and if it's complete, you can expect to pay in the $80+ range. The 4 Dragon Quests released on the Super Famicom (I & II Remake, III Remake, V, and VI) all generally go for around $15-$20 complete. The Japanese version of Dragon Quest VII is among the most common games for the PlayStation (it sold over 3 million copies in Japan), yet still gets $15 or so for a complete one regularly. Dragon Warrior VII (US) has risen in value with the release of Dragon Quest VIII in the US, so it's been in the $35-$40 range lately complete. Dragon Quest IV Remake (Japanese PS1) is probably among the hardest of the series to find, and usually gets anywhere from $30-$50 complete when it pops up. Dragon Quest V Remake (Japanese PS2) regularly sees $30-$40 complete. Dragon Quest VIII (either US or Japanese) is still fairly new, so it's still settling on its price.

3. One of the first 3 games I got when I started collecting was Dragon Warrior...does that say anything :P ? With the exceptions of the Japanese Game Boy Color releases of DQ I & II Remake and DQ III, and the exceptions of the two MSX releases (as well as the first one for the Famicom), I have all the Dragon Quest games in some form (complete, cart-only, factory-sealed, missing a map, etc.).

4. I have pics, but it'd be a pain to post them all...

So has DQ VIII seen European release yet? If so, I'd trade an American DQ VIII for it (and if not, it doesn't change the fact that I have a spare American DQ VIII for trade ).
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mb7241
    So has DQ VIII seen European release yet? If so, I'd trade an American DQ VIII for it (and if not, it doesn't change the fact that I have a spare American DQ VIII for trade ).
    DQVIII was released in PAL territories less than a week ago in fact (13th April).

Any reason why you would want a PAL version? Unless you're a non-English speaking European / don't want modchip or US console, then the PAL versions of games are inferior in every way compared to the NTSC U/C versions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by layzee
    Any reason why you would want a PAL version? Unless you're a non-English speaking European / don't want modchip or US console, then the PAL versions of games are inferior in every way compared to the NTSC U/C versions.
    Sheer collectibility, and completeness of my collection, that's pretty much it.
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.