Thread: $114 for sealed Ghoul Patrol!!?...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default $114 for sealed Ghoul Patrol!!?...

.. that's JUST wrong!

HERE

.. mainly because I wanted it for about $40.

Ok.. that settles it.. I'm NEVEr opening MY crappy-assed sealed games..
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: $114 for sealed Ghoul Patrol!!?...

Quote Originally Posted by scorch56
    .. that's JUST wrong!

HERE

.. mainly because I wanted it for about $40.

Ok.. that settles it.. I'm NEVEr opening MY crappy-assed sealed games..
    I know i'm being picky, but it looks alittle rough, from the look of the pics i'd do it for $70.

To be honest the whole sealed snes thing is lost on me, i will admit to having a few prized sealed snes titles, but when you think about it in a 100 years we'll all be dead 'n' buried, and so will these games, why not send the money on more important things in life.

Like taking your lady or man (which ever?) out for a meal, sometimes having these prized items is fun but it's only money and were along time dead?

XS.. ( Todays mood : Introspective :P )

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It must be rare...I only have one copy.

By the way, I took a gander at Half.com and see one copy there for sale...not new but has the box and manual. He's asking for $49.50 for it. Here's the link:

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQpr...QQtgZvidetails

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I alway's under the impression this game was only released in europe? Zombie ate my neightbors is one of my fav. games of all time.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, the game was definitely released in the U.S. My copy is a plain ol' USA version. I think they call it an "unofficial" sequal since they were released by two different companies. Zombies was from Konami...I think Ghoul was from JVC...or was it just LucasArts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    No, the game was definitely released in the U.S. My copy is a plain ol' USA version. I think they call it an "unofficial" sequal since they were released by two different companies. Zombies was from Konami...I think Ghoul was from JVC...or was it just LucasArts?
    Correct, i always thought it was funny people never connected the two games, but there both very good games, both a nice little part of the whole 16-bit era!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol were developed by Lucas Arts. The former was released by Konami, the latter by JVC.

The main characters are the same in both games: Zeke and Julie.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors was fun. Ghoul Patrol was an absolute mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: $114 for sealed Ghoul Patrol!!?...

Quote Originally Posted by Predatorxs

To be honest the whole sealed snes thing is lost on me, i will admit to having a few prized sealed snes titles, but when you think about it in a 100 years we'll all be dead 'n' buried, and so will these games, why not send the money on more important things in life.

Like taking your lady or man (which ever?) out for a meal, sometimes having these prized items is fun but it's only money and were along time dead?
    I agree and see no logic in spending so much on sealed games. Having sealed games is not fun, they just sit there and collect dust unless you open them, which defeats the point of spending so much on a sealed game in the first place(if there is one).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mmm.. should I ever get a sealed copy of GP.. I'm opening it and playing it.

I just care about complete games.. not sealed ones. Should I ever get the urge to open up my few sealed non-rares I have and play them.. I'll do so in a heartbeat.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh god can we shut up already why does someone always have to make this comment? How many thousands of times must it be made? If you don't dig it that's fine, move on. I don't crap on what you guys collect... to me collecting LOOSE or COMPLETE games is retarded if all you want to do is play it get a friggin emulator

..end rant.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    Oh god can we shut up already why does someone always have to make this comment? How many thousands of times must it be made? If you don't dig it that's fine, move on. I don't crap on what you guys collect... to me collecting LOOSE or COMPLETE games is retarded if all you want to do is play it get a friggin emulator

..end rant.
    THANK YOU!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

..end rant.
    Taking it all a little personal aren't you? I don't think anybody here is criticisizing you personally.. or for that matter.. anybody who's into sealed games. They're just expressing their opinions that it's not their cup of tea.

Are you the one that did pay $114 for this Bronty? If so.. then congrats. All I'm saying is that I'd never pay that for ANY game (especially one that isn't THAT rare). If I were wealthy like you.. I'd HAVE a sealed copy of every game I'd ever wanted AND a copy to play. As for the argument for completeness.. that's ALSO just my personal preference as I enjoy reading manuals. I'm not very good at figuring out games without them.

Having said that.. I don't shy at buying sealed games and I've been known to pay a good price for one too (Seem to remember getting in a bidding war with another buyer over one of YOUR games Bronty [Friday the 13th] and ended up paying WAY more than it was worth.. so you should be grateful that a "completist" would also buy a sealed game when it's the only way to get a complete one.).

All I'm saying is that IS a LOT of money for THAT game.

Of course.. I CAN also see why you get so upset about this everytime someone brings up the subject.. after all.. it's like denouncing YOUR lifeblood.. so I understand. Just wondering? Do you actually collect sealed games for your personal use?.. or just turn a profit on them? Seems to me that you would have amassed a great collection of your own by now (possibly even completing it). You can cater to people who think like you.. that doesn't make the rest of us wrong either.

Granted.. playing all of my games on an emulator would certainly be a lot cheaper alternative to collecting them.. but I like the feel of playing them for real. So I pay for it.. just like you do. There's no sense in buying toilet paper if you're not gonna' use it.. but that's just my opinion. Besides.. we're talkin' fuckin' video games here.. not works of art.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

..end rant.
    Heh, by saying this, you're basically making the claim that if you're not collecting video games sealed, then you're wasting your time and it's "retarded" to play a video game on a video game console, when you can play it on an emulator for free.

Guess there's no point for the consoles anymore, then? Unless they're sealed of course. I mean, game consoles are basically obsolete now, eh?

Just for the record, I'll probably open the next sealed SNES game I get.
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought emulators and romz were supposed to be evil

Dammit, either I keep forgetting the rules around here or they keep changing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

..end rant.
    I shouldn't have even said anything, i know a few collectors that collect only sealed games, thats cool, but sometimes it gets alittle out of hand for some people, Bronty, no crappin' on sealed games collectors, or you, i just knew when i mentioned the whole sealed/big money thing it would turn into this. (sorry)

Lets just leave it there, some people collect sealed, some collect complete, or even just the cart, thats great, were all different, thats just dandy!

But i collect complete, since i like playing the games as well, i don't use emulation, the games are never the same as the console and original cart.

End of the day, and end of this thread, we all collect for different reasons, end of story, thats what makes us collectors and gamers in general

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I have to try this game. Zombies is one of my all time SNES favs

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    I have to try this game. Zombies is one of my all time SNES favs
    It's going to be a HUGE letdown. Seriously, I can't believe how much this game blew in comparison to the first game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No offense to anyone personally. I just read that comment SOOOO many times and let it go, I couldn't take it any more. Just because you or I don't collect something doesn't mean it isn't cool to someone else