Thread: need some arcade questions answered.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default need some arcade questions answered.

ok, ive decided to admit defeat, and sell my aes set up and go all out for the MVS experience

ive got some random questions about some thing that after searching were still unclear to me. im positive i want a candy cab, and dont really care how much $$$ it takes to get one shipped all the way to VA. im trying to decide between 4 different possibilities as to which candy cab is best for me, either:
    a minty fresh atomiswave SD
    a neo 29
    a super neo 29
    or possibly a sega blast city as a last option.

i would like to have MVS and atomiswave in the same cab as well, and i just wanted to know what you guys thought about which option is best: should i get a MV-1A so that i wont have to rewire anything, since it is wired to jamma standard, or is it really just best to go ahead and get a 2 or 4 slot? if i did get a 2 or 4 slot, i know i would need to rewire some stuff in the harness(in the case of the atomiswave cab atleast), and though i dont really have any advanced experience with soldering/ technical stuff, i can generally follow an FAQ with photos and not fuck anything up. how hard would it be to get it MVS ready? and if i did modify, would i then encounter problems when trying to use an atomiswave MoBo with it?

the other huge deciding factor in going after an atomiswave candy cab is how much trouble am i going to have locating and installing a 2 player control panel? if i can pick one up relatively easily from an online source please let me know.

in your opinion which of the 4 cabs listed would work best for me? the cab will definitely be primarily MVS, though i do have full intentions of picking up an AW board with in a year after my cab purchase.

thanks for any input, i need to sort this stuff out so i can start trying to locate my new cab
    BLAST AWAY AND GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Matsu has 2 player AW cabs for $1750. Cheapest you are going to find em here.

Id go neo 29 as it can play jamma games as well as mvs games. Super can't with out some rewiring.

Havn't tried this with AW yet though, i will let you know that in like two weeks if you want hehe.

However don't forget neo candy cabs are 4 button standard, so you are going to have replace the control pannel or not be able to use the 5/6 button.

Email from Matsu when I asked about the AW cab:

Atomiswave $1,500 (1 player 6 button with card reader)
    Atomiswave $1,750 (2 player 6 button each)

Atomiswave is a high resolution with auto switching frequence monitor. so you don't need to switch 15k, 24k, or 31k. i hope we can make a good deal soon. if you have any other questions, please let me know. thank you.

That might be my summer purchase. Good luck

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mr. Wardner's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dynamo JAMMA
    PSN
    Johnnycab

As far as the MVS system, I would go with the 4-slot. These (I've heard) are the most reliable and, well, you can have 4 games in there! My 4-slot has worked perfectly for years.

Also, I do sell the part in my eBay store that allows you to add MVS support to any standard JAMMA cabinet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEO-GEO-Extra-Bu...QQcmdZViewItem

WELCO
    ME
    TOT
    HE
    NEX
    T
    LEVEL