Thread: Official Guild Wars: Factions topic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Official Guild Wars: Factions topic

Two weeks to go until the April 28 release of Guild Wars: Factions.

I spent way too many hours with Guild Wars over the past year and can't wait for the new role playing content and 12v12 PvP arenas.

For those who missed it, GW is a MMO in the vein of a Phantasy Star Online in that you form small parties in towns and head out into fantasy-themed instanced environments. There is no player killing except for in PvP arenas and there is no lasting penalty for death. Drops are random and assigned to individuals, so there is no loot stealing.

Factions is a stand-alone followup to GW. You do not need GW to play, so it's not too late to jump in. If you have both games, however, your characters can travel between the two continents.

Anyone else excited about chapter 2?
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I threw a good about 100hrs into GW since I got it a year ago, most of it was played a week after getting it. I wasn't too impressed with the game but when I get REALLY bored and want to play a game with a bow and run around with an AI party (I hate the other players on that game) this is what I end up playing for about an hour. It felt really redundant and the gameplay wasn't too amazing. Personlly I think it's because MMORPGs aren't exactly my style of gaming.

My friend played it nonestop for a few months whenever he had a chance, logging in thousands of hours in gameplay both on the roleplaying and PvP sides. He was looking forward to the Factions expansions until he wanted to try Everquest 2 and is now hooked on that. He jokes about GW now about how all the emos play it and it's the new Diablo game that parents buy their kids to play and interact with others after school.

But back the second part. Nothing really bad about it because I'm sure to some it's a great game and worth playing. Better yet, I say people with computers that can handle it with broadband access should try it out. There's no monthly charge and I know they are making some good money on the title so purchasing the game will lock you into having an account you can randomly play whenver you want (which is what I do).
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]