Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Default June 1st marks the end of PSX and N64

Thats right, all EB and Gamestop stores as of June 1st are going to STOP taking in trades of N64 and PSX games. We were told this last week during our spring relay by our manager. The N64 and PSX games that are currently in stock will just dwindle down to nothing, marking the end.

This will make it even harder to find PSX and N64 carts. Better get em while you can!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I might care if I ever went to these stores before. Actually, there's not much in the way of either library I'm actively seeking but perhaps I'll pop in at my local EB store the next time I'm at the mall. Maybe I'll make that my "End of EB Games" day...

Insert Coin (Level 0) -SuperYoshi-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This makes me miss Funcoland more than ever.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The N64 I dont mind so much, but the PSX makes me sad. I've found lots of great games at an EB and a Gamestop nearby, including Metal Slug X, Bust a Groove, DDR, Erghiez, and many more.

I knew this was coming, but didn't think it would be so soon.

Are the prices going down on all of the leftover stock, or are they just going to sit until they are gone, or are they going to ship them all off like they did with SNES and Genesis?
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's too bad really, I just picked up an N64 and an PSX in the past 6 months. At my EB we seem to do a pretty brisk business in N64 and PSX games, WAY more than a certain movie format.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

N64 I can understand, but PSX? The games are playable on a currently supported system. And won't the PS3 still play PSX games?

I dunno. One less reason for me to go to either of those stores.

Chris

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Bummer, but I've got almost all the N64 games I've wanted to add to my collection, so it's no huge loss for me.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That really sucks. The PS1 area is the first section I always go to whenever I step inside of a Gamestop or EB store. Now that they won't be there any longer, doesn't really give me a reason to shop there.

Just don't understand why they'd stop selling PS1 games. If they could carry NES stuff for so long, why can't they hold onto the PS1 for a couple more years? Especially when the PS2 (and PS3) are backwards compatible. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

This is exactly why I go to Gamecrazy. I mean GC still sells NES games!!!!

They also have game Gear, PS1, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, N64, All types of Game Boy games, and more types of games!
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -SuperYoshi-
    I'm there with you.

I only venture into those game stores to see what they have for Gameboys, N64, Playstation, and to see what very little amount of new games they had on the shelves for Gamecube. Now that they won't carry the other 2 there's absolutely no reason I should venture into their stores. So many pawn shops, thrift stores, and other independent used game stores are near me that EB and Gamestop lost most of my business awhile back due to their higher prices. Plus most of them have idiots and complete jerks behind the counter that seem to know nothing but the newest releases and can't hold a conversation worth crap (better off talking to the wall). Absolutely no gaming roots in there at all.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor
    I'm there with you.

I only venture into those game stores to see what they have for Gameboys, N64, Playstation, and to see what very little amount of new games they had on the shelves for Gamecube. Now that they won't carry the other 2 there's absolutely no reason I should venture into their stores. So many pawn shops, thrift stores, and other independent used game stores are near me that EB and Gamestop lost most of my business awhile back due to their higher prices. Plus most of them have idiots and complete jerks behind the counter that seem to know nothing but the newest releases and can't hold a conversation worth crap (better off talking to the wall). Absolutely no gaming roots in there at all.
    Ya, Funcoland was so awesome. Hey, I mean my cousin got Bubble Bobble 2 from there which is a very rare and good game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor
    I'm there with you.

Ya, Funcoland was so awesome. Hey, I mean my cousin got Bubble Bobble 2 from there which is a very rare and good game.

Ooops, double post...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always have to laugh when I go to my local EB Games (which is very rare anymore to begin with) because one of the main clerks has a thick English accent. I always wonder "How the hell did someone from Great Britain wind up in Steubenville, Ohio?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    I always have to laugh when I go to my local EB Games (which is very rare anymore to begin with) because one of the main clerks has a thick English accent. I always wonder "How the hell did someone from Great Britain wind up in Steubenville, Ohio?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This actually makes me happy. I hope they cut the prices severely on both systems as of June 1st. I have 2 EB's and 1 brand new GS nearby. The GS has tons of cool RPG's for the PS1 that they got when they opened up. not many have been sold so far. On top of that, I've finally gotten the urge to collect some N64 games, and I know that the 2 EB games, while having poor PS1 selections, have some pretty decent N64 games that are just too pricey ATM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by segarocks30
    This is exactly why I go to Gamecrazy. I mean GC still sells NES games!!!!

They also have game Gear, PS1, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, N64, All types of Game Boy games, and more types of games!
    Not all that much longer, most of their locations are way too small to run all the stock into the next generation and any Dreamcast, Saturn, SCD, PS1, and Gameboy / Gameboy Color stuff is done with once the distribution channel dries up.

Anyway, rare is it that I even come across PS1 games at a Gamestop or EB anymore aside from 5,000 copies of the latest RPG reprint. I somehow came across a complete copy of Parasite Eve and a copy of Klonoa Door to Phantomile missing the booklet in my last few visits to a Gamestop but rare is it I buy anything. I usually just go in, look around, shake my head how half the store is DVD's and action figures, and leave. I almost wrote it off completely as I bought a copy of Krazy Ivan which I KNEW the longbox and manual were in the back and the ass at the counter wouldn't go check. I heard their manager the day before, all the longboxes were put in the back room so the rack with the PS1 games would look more uniform.

Considering that GameCrazy has been running on the fumes of their retrogames for over a year now (since that first 3 for $15 sale) and most stores still have a healthy selection coming from their distribution channels, it's no reason to panic. If anything maybe Gamestop / EB will get their prices in order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Quote Originally Posted by Xexyz
    This actually makes me happy. I hope they cut the prices severely on both systems as of June 1st. I have 2 EB's and 1 brand new GS nearby. The GS has tons of cool RPG's for the PS1 that they got when they opened up. not many have been sold so far. On top of that, I've finally gotten the urge to collect some N64 games, and I know that the 2 EB games, while having poor PS1 selections, have some pretty decent N64 games that are just too pricey ATM.

We arn't sure if we are going to have a huge B2G1 sale or a big % off the games yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    Are the prices going down on all of the leftover stock, or are they just going to sit until they are gone, or are they going to ship them all off like they did with SNES and Genesis?
    Actually, the EBX (EB Games, but this is the second one) where I live shipped away their SNES and Genesis games, but recently had them back.
    Lurking since '05

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    I might care if I ever went to these stores before.
    Ditto. Both of those stores are worthless (in my area anyway) when it comes to any used games, old or new. Only 15% of the PS1 games even have cases, let alone instructions. Don't even get me started on the N64 games.

EB employee "let's see, the surface area of a N64 game is roughly 3" by 1.5", where is the biggest sticker I can find to put on that game"? "Muwahhh ha ha ha."

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I rarely go into those stores too, they are pretty useless it's really all DVDs and toys and some games, and their PS1 and N64 game selection is aweful. When I do find something decent it's way too expensive and is usually missing the book or rear insert. I asked some employee why they still take games that are in such bad shape and so scratched and he told me OH well, games still play when they re scratched to crap so we still buy them and they sell anyway. Talk about brainwashed, I can't hold a conversation with them either. Talk about a company going lame, Duhhh! guys buy stuff in good shape and watch how much better it sells!!
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link