Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero II announced! (XB360 Song packs released!)

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

i have to say the later end expert songs are the most brutal things i have ever seen. i will stop complaining about my cowboys from hell struggle on expert

All i know is i need ice packs and therapy on hand.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE146
    Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar
    Does anybody know what it takes to get your drummer to die at the end of Tonight I'm going to rock you? It did it for me the first time I beat it as an encore, but hasn't done it since. I've 5 starred it as well as gotten a 100% on it, but no luck.
    That's both hilarious and awesome it does that Straight out of the movie
    It took me a minute to realize what happened the first time I saw it, but once I finally got it I laughed for a good ten minutes!

I'll have to retry it as an encore. I think PacManHat is correct on this one. Wish it happened every time though!
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8
    I have never played the first one since I don't have a ps2 and I can't wait for the 360 version to come out this is a gotta get game for next year.
    I have the PS2 version of GH2- but haven't had time to play it.

I'll probably buy the 360 version as well. It's bound to have a few differences- and downloadables! Hopefully they'll be cheap, like less than 500 points. Supposedly they could have more risque or fringe material to play, which would be great. It would be awesome if they could release a new song every few weeks.

And I'm wondering if it will be wireless. A 3rd party seems to have released a wireless guitar for PS2 already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid
    And I'm wondering if it will be wireless. A 3rd party seems to have released a wireless guitar for PS2 already.
    No wireless for the 360. At least not yet anyways. Apparently Microsoft isn't allowing any 3rd party manufacturer to make anything at the moment:

http://www.etoychest.org/index.php?o...temid=99999999

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RO themselves have released a wireless controller for $60, and it's a white explorer model. I don't know anyone with it, and I've not seen any myself, so I can't comment on it either way.

Fingers and wrist = so much pain.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, I put all my scores into Score Hero.

http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?...&game=2&diff=4

93rd Overall (at the moment)
    None too shabby if you ask me.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

I finally beat freebird last night, 4 star no less. I've been working on 5 stars now (22/40 so far) and as soon as I get enough cash for the last video I'll head down to the bonus songs and get work on those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well me and my buddy busted out his change jar last night (the same change jar he used to get the original GH) and counted out $60 in dimes and quarters. An hour and a half later we were playing GH II. Oh man, this game is soooo good! The first one was fantastic, but this one is somehow so much better. The two player cooperative is so very fun, I really don't see it getting old any time soon. And the songs are so much longer! It's really a pain when you're waiting your turn, having to sit through "carry on wayward son". I can't wait to play it again tonight!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got this game for Christmas, and have had a really hard time putting it down! I just love it. However, is it just me or does the difficulty ramp up really fast? I had never played Guitar Hero before and was able to breeze through Easy and Medium. I think I failed a song or two at the beginning, but then I did the tutorial and realized I was doing it wrong! Anyway, I cannot pass a single song on Hard. I tried "Shout at the Devil" about 5 times in a row and the furthest I got was 28%. Wouldn’t you think that the lowest tier on Hard would be the same or even easier then the highest tier on Medium? Is the first GH like that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Yeah, the first GH is a LOT easier. The easiest song on Expert, which is "I Love Rock & Roll", uses the orange button once or twice.

The orange button is a big hurdle for a lot of people. You pretty much have to get used to moving your entire hand up and down the neck. Especially when you get to Expert.

Try "Surrender". I personally think it's the easiest song in the game. "Mother" is also pretty simple save for the 2 solos.

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

i realized, save for a few songs. your home position on hard and expert should be the red forthe index finger, not the green.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Lemme BUMP this topic up by saying that I love both Guitar Heroes, and I could not be happier with how awesome this game turned out. I'll focus more on GH2 for now since... well, that's kinda what the thread is about. Dur.

It took some practice, but I managed to five-star all of the main songs (not all of the bonus ones) on Hard difficulty. Expert... is far out of my league. Some of my absolute faves to play are Heart-Shaped Box, Them Bones, Girlfriend, Bad Reputation, John the Fisherman, Stop, Trippin', and... well, YYZ and Hangar 18 are definite givens. Heh... they're all definitely fun to play, but I can't go back to Medium. Nowadays, it's Hard or nothing. All songs are very fun to play... even Warrant, I admit! This game kinda made me like that song, which I'd never thought would happen in millions of eons.

Anyway, I've a question... am I the only one in the world who really fucking sucks on Carry Me Home? That damn song really drove me to the end of insanity... in all absolute honesty, I find it more difficult than Psychobilly Freakout on Hard. I five-starred PF twice, both times taking some effort but not constant practice. I only ever five-starred CMH once... and I just BARELY won that one after about thirty tries and a broken brain. It's an awesome song and all, but damn if it isn't scary.

And for some reason, I really like to play Less Talk More Rokk as well. Remind me to pick up Frequency and/or Amplitude in the future if they're as awesome as GH2 is.

One more thing... Lars Umlaut for the win. ^_^
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

About a month until I finally get to enjoy GH. I have enjoyed my Xbox and 360 but I have really missed trying GH and GH 2 so I can't wait to play it. It's a for sure buy day 1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

woohoo im finally on the last tier on expert. Just need to beat that and I get battle axe!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Well, I tried the hyper speed cheat today (orange-blue-orange-yellow twice on the title screen...meaning it's "OBOYOBOY") and just like in Bemani games, it made a HUGE difference. I upped my Expert scores for Institutionalized and Laid To Rest by about 30,000 points each. And this is the first time I've played the game in about 2 weeks. I highly recommend trying this code out if you haven't already.

But if the GH community gets infected with Speed Mod Drama I'm gonna choke a bitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Kroogah View Post
    Well, I tried the hyper speed cheat today (orange-blue-orange-yellow twice on the title screen...meaning it's "OBOYOBOY") and just like in Bemani games, it made a HUGE difference. I upped my Expert scores for Institutionalized and Laid To Rest by about 30,000 points each. And this is the first time I've played the game in about 2 weeks. I highly recommend trying this code out if you haven't already.
    I actually did try that with the big Free Bird on Hard... and if I'm not mistaken, it was my best score for it. By essentially reducing the clutter of notes, it does help out. I wonder if it'll make Jordan actually possible to pass? I'll give it a shot later.

I heard Monkey Wrench on the radio today. Great song, but the thought that flashed through my mind was "It's not Psychobilly Freakout." Then I started humming PF out loud and flapping my head around wildly. I think that's a sign that I'm hooked to this game.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Only took 6 months but its finally on the 360. Man this game rules!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, who's having whammy bar problems? I played thru the tutorial and when I got to the part about using the whammy bar, it only worked about half the time for me. Checked out Xbox.com forums and seems like a lot of other people are having the same problems.

Apparently there are 2 different versions of the guitar. They are saying the one that's messed up is the one in the bottom of the pic, where the ethernet input sits next to the USB cord. I've got the other one though and I'm still having problems.

Last edited by norkusa; 04-03-2007 at 09:52 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the guitar on the bottom and my whammy fucks up on me a lot. I have the whammy bar pointing towards the ground when I use it, and if it's in just the right position, it does not work AT ALL. A slight movement left or right all of the sudden fixes it...really annoying when it happens out of the blue in the middle of a song. Apparently it has something to do with the controller mapping, and the fact it doesn't work correctly if sitting in a certain position.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I saw 4-5 people returning them for replacements at Best Buy last night. I figured something was up.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.