Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero II announced! (XB360 Song packs released!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this sequel needs some Pumpkins
    *insert signature >here<*

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DKTheArcadeRat
    ^^ What about Dance Factory which is coming out for the PS2? It has the stuff so you can put in any CD and it generates the dance beat for you so you can dance to virtually any song. So there you have it.

Now back to your Guitar Hero conversations.
    Meh, this is on topic enough for this thread, anyways, I hadn't heard of this game until you just mentioned it. So, I looked into it, hoping that it would look cool, but that just isn't the case. The look of the game is unimpressive, I understand disc swapping is neccecary, but come on, everything they've shown is lame. Speaking of that, the dance charts on the couple videos I've seen are also lame. VERY easy, and the only thing they are with the music to is the beat. When the song stops, or vocals stop, or anything like that, arrows are still going up the screen. Randomly generating such a thing is very hard, if not impossible, to do, and I dont know why they bothered, because it just dosn't look at all impressive. Its been delayed quite a bit from what I can gather, and I can only hope they are coming up with a better way for the arrows to generate, as I would just love such a thing. I just dont see it happening.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

But was I right, in a sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GH would be impossible to import some mp3 because you would need to isolate a guitar track and that just can't happen without lots of human discression. now ddr could by isolating the beat and rythm.

great news, played the 1st game enough to no it's a better game/controller then most gun games (super sccpe anyone?)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DKTheArcadeRat
    But was I right, in a sense?
    In the fact that an auto generator exists, yes, you were. I think 'how well does it work' would be the next step after that, because if it dosn't work well, it isn't going to sell, and wouldn't matter. A GOOD generator that can do what step coders can do would be great, but that wont happen.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

This is great news!!!!!

And speaking of Harmonix...

Konami: can you please commission Harmonix to do an all-rock edition of Karaoke Revolution? Kthnx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Argh! I like GH but I don't wanna pony up for a PS2. C'mon, guys, make it for Xbox/360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

this game needs some Dragonforce or its crap

that is if the cover band can get anywhere close to the guitar work in Dragonforce I wanna play Through the Fire and the Flames in GH and falling to my knees holding the guitar up and wailing like an idiot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We all knew this would be coming along eventually. Now we just need a track listing. And by God, there had better be some Aerosmith this time!!!
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well there is a better possibility this time around to get the bigger names. You have to remember the first time around they weren't sure how well it would sell, so they had a decent budget, but not enough to get songs from people like Aerosmith, Led Zep, and Pink Floyd. I know some people are saying what about Ozzy since he is big, he gives his songs out like candy, especially towards games. Also since the game has gotten a lot more fame, those big ticket stars and their record companies will say "Hey this game can sell my records!!", so it is very possible to see a lot of big ticket stars bone up and give their songs at a decent price for them to use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    HalfCabLeroy

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto19XX
    Something by Van Halen (Eruption perhaps?)
    I've been hoping that Eruption would be on the next GH. That would be awesome.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Copy/paste from Penny Arcade a couple days ago:

Just got an E3 PR blurb for Guitar Hero 2, and I was overjoyed to hear that it listed a few of the playable songs on the new game. Observe:The top-secret sequel song list remains firmly in the rock domain,with more than 55 songs being featured in the next installment.Confirmed for E3 are seven playable tracks including: "PsychobillyFreakout," "Strutter," "Who Was in My Room Last Night," "You ReallyGot Me," "War Pigs," "YYZ" and "Arterial Black." Also confirmed arein-game appearances by returning guitar hero Judy Nails and the newRockabilly guitarist. For those of you playing the home game, we're talking about Reverend Horton Heat, KISS, Butthole Surfers, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, and Rush. Looks like Drist is back in, too. Pretty big news.Thought you might be interested.(CW)TB
    Rush's YYZ!!!?! Jesus Tapdancing Christ.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Take this for what you will, but I was talking with an employee at one of my area EBs the other day about GH. He told me he's heard that Van Halen, Kiss, Metallica, and AC/DC songs will be in the new game.

He said it was just something he heard, so he doesn't know if it's true. I hope it is, though. I'd love to be able to play Seek and Destroy, or Back in Black.

Just please, please, gimme some Aerosmith!
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I better see some Buckethead on there. How about Nun Chuka Kata or Binge and Grab for the finale?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is fucking badass \m/

and i was thinking long and hard about what songs i would like to see on guitar hero.... i'm not much of a joe satriani fan, but i think "summer song" would kick ass.
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    Take this for what you will, but I was talking with an employee at one of my area EBs the other day about GH. He told me he's heard that Van Halen, Kiss, Metallica, and AC/DC songs will be in the new game.

He said it was just something he heard, so he doesn't know if it's true. I hope it is, though. I'd love to be able to play Seek and Destroy, or Back in Black.

Those bands being in GH2 are pretty likely, but there's absolutely no way that employee wasn't talking out of his ass. The song list is one of the most closely guarded things in the business right now.

Speaking of which, there's another rumor going around that the FULL song list is gonna be revealed at E3. I don't see this happening, but it'd be pretty awesome to find out so soon (and it'd make the wait that much more difficult).

Also, appearantly the pre-order price for this is $89.99. They've already confirmed that there won't be any changes made to the guitar, so I wonder what the big change in price is about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link

Those bands being in GH2 are pretty likely, but there's absolutely no way that employee wasn't talking out of his ass. The song list is one of the most closely guarded things in the business right now.

Speaking of which, there's another rumor going around that the FULL song list is gonna be revealed at E3. I don't see this happening, but it'd be pretty awesome to find out so soon (and it'd make the wait that much more difficult).

Also, appearantly the pre-order price for this is $89.99. They've already confirmed that there won't be any changes made to the guitar, so I wonder what the big change in price is about.
    Hmm...weird about the price. From what I heard, the guitar from the first one will work fine with the second. Are they still holding true to that? In that same interview I remember them mentioning the game will now have rhythm tracks as well as bass. Ugh...I'd feel sorry for the poor bastard who gets stuck playing the bass track ;D.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I had to guess, I'd say that the guitar is going to be a completely different design. Same buttons, same whammy bar and strumming stuff, but a new look. Flying V, perhaps - or a Les Paul design. Man, that would be sweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat
    If I had to guess, I'd say that the guitar is going to be a completely different design. Same buttons, same whammy bar and strumming stuff, but a new look. Flying V, perhaps - or a Les Paul design. Man, that would be sweet.
    Cool, I'll likely end up springing for the guitar set then ;D. The first couple of songs look great, I'm psyched to see Butthole Surfers up there! One of my favorites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow! Rush in GH!!! I was hoping they would want to be a part of this!!

Is there any confirmation about the guitar design yet? I'd love to see a flying v or warlock, but no telling.

Speaking of the guitar, has anybody picked up the shredder guitar yet? I've got one on the way, but am still trying to find info on it.