Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: DP Members: Beware of the "Scam-and-Burn"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze View Post
    For the most part people are only hostile in their response posts here. Spend more time buying before throwing up some collection of high priced in demand games and you'll do well.
    I figured as much. I was just joking about the 3 years thing. I've done business with 3 people here so far and everything has been excellent (buy, sell, and trade). I officially have my own feedback thread now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

My deals here arr few yet have done alright.

I've actually found shipping overseas (on ebay at least) to be safer, if slower, than within the US. How or why that works I couldn't say. Seems unusual IMHO.
    Lum fan.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default what would you guys do....

what would you guys do.... Bought something from a user for $275, long story short its going to be 3 weeks and I haven't received nothing, multiple PM's, eBay messages, Emails sent to user and I only got one reply in 3 weeks

"Hey, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I've been gone all week. (spring break) I screwed up with the mailing of your package and thats why you haven't gotten it yet. I had scheduled for ups to pick up your package while I was gone which I had left in my garage, but before I left I had closed the garage door without thinking so they werent able to pick it up. I didn't realize I had screwed up until yesterday when I got home."

I'm a pretty patient person but 3 weeks and 1 PM is pretty ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob black View Post
    what would you guys do.... Bought something from a user for $275, long story short its going to be 3 weeks and I haven't received nothing, multiple PM's, eBay messages, Emails sent to user and I only got one reply in 3 weeks

"Hey, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I've been gone all week. (spring break) I screwed up with the mailing of your package and thats why you haven't gotten it yet. I had scheduled for ups to pick up your package while I was gone which I had left in my garage, but before I left I had closed the garage door without thinking so they werent able to pick it up. I didn't realize I had screwed up until yesterday when I got home."

If you payed via PayPal, get your money back (via a claim) and leave negative feedback. Sounds like some College Kid that needs a lesson learned about responsibility. If he sends the package before you get a chance to cancel it, there's always the option of refusing delivery or writing on the box return to sender and dropping it back off to courier.

3 weeks is far too long for domestic fails.

Insert Coin (Level 0) hayabusa_fmw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gage Cooper a ebay scammer artist dualcooper9gage

SCAMMER ALERT ON EBAY

NOT digitpress RELATED BUT WORTH TO CHECK IF HE'S PART OF HERE!

I would like to nominate this kid from ebay he seems active on retro gaming scene so avoid at all cost.

Long story short: He bought me empty boxes for n64 and paid on ebay He then received them and accepted them. He saw that i didn't put a tracking in the auction so after a week of having them he decided to try to get his money back stating he didn't get them. He even played the part ''never got tracking'' Paid high money for them

Well... guess what? i always keep my tracking papers for more than 3 months if not a complete year. Nice try KIDO. Talked to ebay and paypal they might revoke him as well.

Info:
    ebay account : dualcooper9gage
    From Kitimat BC canada

Proof of the scam attempt:

Try to check if he's here if he's not make sure he never joins here he's as sketchy as they come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Didn't see a more appropriate place, but I got hosed as a seller with someone taking advantage of an USPS scanning screwup on a $20 ebay sale.

ebay username of1974

Appears to be a crook from what I can dig up through the USPS beyond ebay. I shipped a $20.50 shipped item east to Maryland, the USPS stopped scanning it (I've had this happen plenty receiving before) and the guy opens a case immediately on that the day after he writes me. I call the USPS when the case gets escalated, they look into it and verify that they don't have it, and that it slipped the cracks and was moved on to destination but the postal worker did not scan it further than Baltimore. The guy then escalates the case a second time and clean me out of my money and game. Damn the USPS for not scanning it further or updating it after my call but they moved it, so now he's got cash and a dreamcast title.

Thieves piss me off.

Posted this at a few places including here so it's known.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob black View Post

Did the package arrive? I believe that 5 years is a fair amount of time.