Thread: Daredevil: The Man Without fear for PS2 & XBox. Any info

Cherry (Level 1) The_4th_Survivor's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Daredevil: The Man Without fear for PS2 & XBox. Any info

Last week, I bought a copy of "Daredevil" for the GBA. Upon opening it up and enjoying the gameplay, I searched around on the net' and found out that there was a PS2 and XBox version of the game that was supposed to be released sometime in 2003, but was ultimately cancelled, with no real explanation.

I downloaded the trailer for the game from IGN, and I have to say that I'm very interested in at least trying the game, since Daredevil is one of my favorite Marvel Comics Characters.

Does anyone here have any additional information as to what happened with the PS2/XBox versions of the game? Did they every make a prototype or is the game even complete?

Any further details regarding the game are appreciated.

Thanks.
    ©2008 Umbrella Corporation

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Since the 'window of opportunity' closed, the game was scrapped. It would have sold right when the DD movie released, but not too much afterward since it was most likely a stinker, like the film itself.

I'd also like to see more info on it, at least for the online guide's sake.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Cherry (Level 1) The_4th_Survivor's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Since the 'window of opportunity' closed, the game was scrapped. It would have sold right when the DD movie released, but not too much afterward since it was most likely a stinker, like the film itself.

I'd also like to see more info on it, at least for the online guide's sake.

You know, that makes a lot of sense. From what I've read online and from other mboard postings, it was supposed to be released at around the same time as the movie, but then got pushed back until they ultimately decided to scrap it.

Still, it's a damned shame, considering the fact that other companies have allowed some *ahem* 'garbage' movie-based game titles to be released, such as "Charlie's Angels" and "Bad Boys: Miami Takedown".

You'd think that the developers or even the company that was supposed to publish the game would have just released it anyway, probably as a 'budget' title. They do it all the time in Europe and as I stated earlier, they did it for "Bad Boys" ($19.99 MSRP upon it's release) and "Charlie's Angels" ($29.99 MSRP upon it's release), so why not "Daredevil"?

I just don't understand what game companies are thinking of.

What's even worse is that they didn't even release "Daredevil" for PS2/XBox anywhere else in the world. At least if it was released in another part of the world, I could try to track down a copy, just like I did with the European exclusive titles such as "Conan", "Knight Rider: The Video Game", "Underworld: The Eternal War" and "Resident Evil - Gun Survivor 2: Code Veronica" all on the PS2.

I guess I can only watch the trailer again to see what could have been. *sighs*
    ©2008 Umbrella Corporation