Thread: FS: iPod 4G, m:robe 20gb MP3/1.2mp camera, pocket amp + more

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS: iPod 4G, m:robe 20gb MP3/1.2mp camera, pocket amp + more

God some goodies for the gadget head available here, as well as a bit of spare computer bits.

Please note:

- All prices are in US funds, since I post to multiple forums and seem to deal mostly with US folks.
    - Prices do not include shipping, which is based on location and preferred shipping method.
    - Payment by PayPal only, but will accept E-Mail Money Transfers within Canada. Cash on pickup also works if you're within driving distance of Brampton, Ontario.
    - Everything here is in perfect working condition unless otherwise stated. I try and describe everything to the best of my abilities, but if you have any questions not answered here already, please PM me before committing to any purchases.
    - Prices listed as "firm" are ... well, firm. They are the lowest I'm willing to accept for them. I feel my prices are pretty durn good though.

Okay. Enough with the boilerplate. On with the geeking.

Apple iPod 4th Generation 20gb MP3 player - ultimate bundle
    Just bought this recently, used, from someone who's just as anal about keeping his stuff in good condition as I am. This is an excellent bundle with all the perks. The unit is in very good shape, with some minor scuffing on the front, a few hairlines on the back and very little wear on the clickwheel. It works perfectly. This bundle includes:

- iPod 4th gen 20gb player (white) in very good shape
    - Original Apple inline remote with next/ff, previous/rew, volume+/-, play/pause, hold switch and clip to fasten it to clothing or cord.
    - Original Apple iSkin, translucent, with fitted plastic screen guard
    - Original Apple earbuds with foam covers
    - Original Apple USB to AC adapter
    - Firewire cable
    - USB 2.0 cable
    - Belkin Digital Camera Link -- allows you to use your iPod as an external storage drive for your digital camera. (More information and camera compatibility chart is available here)
    - Aftermarket USB/Firewire dock with tray adapters for 1G-5G and iPod Mini units. Includes original packaging.
    - User manual, iTunes CD, and all original packaging.

Asking US$225 firm

Olympus m:robe mr500i 20GB MP3 player/picture viewer/digital camera
    Look at this thing. Just look at it. This thing just oozes sexy-cool. 20gb of storage, awesome touchscreen, smoky chrome bezel, and digital camera? Dayum. Unfortunately it has a few deal-breaking flaws, such as the unusually long time to switch tracks (particularly in shuffle mode), relatively low battery life from its rather paltry 1100mAh LiIon battery (approx. 4 hours, screen off, 50% volume) and low output volume if you use high-resistance headphones (60-ohms or greater). The latter can be solved with the addition of a portable amp (listed below). The battery life can also be improved by finding an acceptable replacement battery (1G/2G iPod batteries work! Get a high capacity 2000mAh 1G/2G iPod battery and you're all set). Not much can be done about the track switching times, but if that's not a big deal then you can get yourself a nice high capacity MP3 player cheap. Cosmetically the unit has a few scuffs, but by and large has been kept in good nick -- I always kept it in a leather camera case. Olympus recently got out of the MP3 player market (as of October 2005), but there's a great independent support site here.

Here's what comes in the package:

- Olympus m:robe mr500i MP3 player. Features a very sweet VGA-resolution (640x480) touchscreen display with high contrast ratio, 20gb of storage, built-in 1.2mb digital camera with white LED light (good for closeups). The only button on the unit is the power/display button; everything else (including taking snapshots) is controlled via the touchscreen.
    - Olympus m:robe dock. Contains AC and proprietary USB connector ports.
    - Two-piece AC adapter
    - USB 2.0 cable
    - Original m:robe earbuds (not pictured; never used -- they're a bit uncomfortable, but I have small ears)
    - Inline backlit LCD remote with next/ff, previous/rew, volume +/-, Add to Favourites, play/pause, tag info, and hold switch.
    - User manual, setup manual, m:trip software CD (looks & feels a lot like iTunes), and all original packaging.

Unit originally retailed for C$399.99.

Asking US$120

Boostaroo Revolution portable amp (white)
    I'm a bit of an audiophile, and being forced to use relatively cheap headphones on the m:robe (listed above) in order to achieve acceptable volume levels bothered me. I wanted to use my nice Denon 60-ohm monitors on it. Enter Boostaroo. They make really small portable amplifiers. Their most common and inexpensive models are only designed for 15-30ohm headphones though, but their newest product, the Boostaroo Revolution, was designed for the real audiophile. This thing, which is a bit bigger than a standard Bic lighter, was designed for higher resistance drivers in the 60-300ohm range. It provides up to a 12dBa boost (approx. 4x the volume) for up to two headphones simultaneously (via two output jacks) with a THD of less than 0.1%. It also provides virtual surround sound via an internal DSP. Another side-benefit of the Boostaroo is that it can be used on any audio device to boost sound while keeping the volume low on the player, thus extending battery life.

Thing is, I ended up getting the iPod (listed at the top) just a few days after my Boostaroo Revolution arrived, so I've only put about two hours of use on it. It's very literally almost brand new. The only potential downfall of the unit is that it uses unusual batteries: Two AAAA (quadruple-A) cells, which you can't find in any conventional store. You'd probably have to go to Batteries Plus or some other place that specializes in that sort of thing. Fortunately, you won't have to for quite some time, as I'm including two six-packs of brand new Energizer AAAA cells, in addition to the two that came with the unit. That's enough for about 120 hours of use. (Each set of two lasts about 20 hours' worth of play)

The unit also comes with two male-to-male headphone adapters and original packaging.

This unit currently retails for US$79.99 and is largely only available from Boostaroo themselves.

Asking US$60 firm

256MB PC133 SDRAM
    One double-sided stick of RAM. Micron chips. Pulled from a working unit that was recently upgraded to DDR.

Asking US$15

Samsung SV1021H 10.2GB hard disk
    5400RPM, ATA100. No bad sectors. Pulled from a working unit that was recently upgraded.

Asking US$10

Please PM me with (serious) offers/orders. Lowballers will be ignored. If an offer is made and I don't hear from you for a few days I will assume you don't want it and offer it to whomever is next in line.

Pics 'n stuff are available in this thread.
    My site :http://www.touchpodium.com//
    .................................................. .......

"I don't do anything half-assed. When I do something, I put my whole ass in it."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bump
    My site :http://www.touchpodium.com//
    .................................................. .......

"I don't do anything half-assed. When I do something, I put my whole ass in it."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

combine your FS threads