Thread: Anyone here like Homeland?? JPN GC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone here like Homeland?? JPN GC

Just wondering is there anyone on here thats a fan of the gamecube RPG homeland??

Personaly i love it even more than zelda, so much so that im translating a walkthrough for it at this very moment, so non japanese readers can play.

Its roughly 80% finished but theres still a lot of work to do, progress is going slow because i only have an extremely limited knowledge of japanese so its mainly me & about 4 online translation pages (^_^)

It's still pretty cool that you can go online & turn your cube onto a server so you dont have to pay any online fees.

Heres a page of movies from chun soft's site,
    http://www.chunsoft.co.jp/game/homeland/movie.html

And heres a mini startup guide i did before i started doig the whole walkthrough.
    http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=46117

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've owned the GC BBA since it came out, and as such was very excited when I heard about this game. I've played online on both GC PSO games, but wasn't sure about this one. What is it like? Is playing online (or at all) difficult without knowing Japanese?

I've recently played through a couple of import games, so I know how to muddle my way through things. However, these were rather simple games, so I'd be more reluctant to try a full fleged RPG.

[Edit]

I just watched a couple of the videos on that site. Looks pretty cool. I'm a huge fan of action/RPGs like Zelda and the Seiken Densetsu series. Is it more online oriented like something like PSO, or is there an offline mode that makes up the bulk of the game?

I like the quirkiness of it. It looks like it would be something that fits in as a 3D entry in the Mother series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its a really fantastic game, its quite confusing if you dont understand japanese but luckily myself & one other person are creating a massive walkthrough for it. Its about 80% done.

It really dosent play like anything else, the story system is weird. There are lots of mini story branches you can do but only when you have met certain objectives or talked to certain people.

Certain tales can only be done offline & others only online. Theres a good mix of both so your not going to miss out much.

Funnily enough you cant go online till you complete the game at least once. Ive only tried online a few times, its pretty easy to set up. You can either choose to host a game *your cube becomes the server) or play on someone elses cube.

If you host then you become the god of that world & all other players connect to you, you can affect them by casting spells or generating monsters.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

holy shit. i appreciate what you are doing SOO much. i have wanted to play this game ever since it was released, but thought my purchase would be absolutely pointless because no one had ever made a walkthrough for it. well now that i know one is on the way, i will positively be picking up a copy of this amazing looking game. thanks man, you = teh 1337.
    BLAST AWAY AND GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy crap, the game is still $70 on Playasia. Anywhere offering a better price?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Due to its limited distribution i dont know how much cheaper you will be able to find it for. You might have luck on ebay.

The game was originally mailorder only direct from chunsoft but then sega let them sell it via their sega direct site.

On another note the story branch guide in the walkthrough is 100% translated to english. I just need to piece it all together now.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to check around and keep my eye out for this one now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ooh your in luck theres one on ebay for buy it now of $52

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOMELAND-GameCub...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well here it is, ive pretty much finished the walkthrugh i was doing.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jasonmu...in%20page.html

Theres a few odd bits to tidy up but apart from that its done.