Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Default My 360 Can Blog, Can Yours?

That's right, it's alive and it's blogging.

http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=njiska

This is really cool and i suggest you, my 360 bretheren, try setting your own system up aswell.

http://www.360voice.com/

Oh and for fun here's Major Nelson's

http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=Major%20Nelson

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh...sweet. Another excellent yet pointless novelty for 360 owners.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This will make it easier to stalk "certain" 360 owners. Easier than it already is, I mean.
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why is everyone trying so hard recently to turn their gaming consoles into PCs? hard drives, Blogs, Linux. Unfortunately I predict that you'll soon find another popular PC software title on your gaming consoles; Antivirus software. With all the consoles getting online it's only a matter of time before a virus is directed towards them.

Also, just out of curiosity, has Microsoft forced a version of MSN Messenger on 360 owners yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Why is everyone trying so hard recently to turn their gaming consoles into PCs? hard drives, Blogs, Linux. Unfortunately I predict that you'll soon find another popular PC software title on your gaming consoles; Antivirus software. With all the consoles getting online it's only a matter of time before a virus is directed towards them.

Also, just out of curiosity, has Microsoft forced a version of MSN Messenger on 360 owners yet?
    This is hardly turning the 360 into a PC its making them more compatable. Second, the hard drive is a good thing, and third its realy not possable for the 360 to get a virus because there is nothing available for it to download that isint secured by microsoft aswell as the developers of said download.

Oh and i signed up for this fun and usless site.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Heh. That's pretty cute.

*signs up*

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Rock

This is hardly turning the 360 into a PC its making them more compatable. Second, the hard drive is a good thing, and third its realy not possable for the 360 to get a virus because there is nothing available for it to download that isint secured by microsoft aswell as the developers of said download.

Oh and i signed up for this fun and usless site.
    Yeah i fail to see how this makes; the 360 a PC. If you had bothered to ready the link you'd see that it's just a webapp that monitors your active on live.xbox.com and then writes a blog post about what you did.

It's not like we're writting blogs on our 360, like Sony has promised with the PS3, we're just having a little bit of fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

njiska is the best. He treats me right. I treat him right
    Damn. Your 360 is so nice to you.

Mine would probably bitch a lot how I don't play that much because I'm busy. My 360 is such a needy wench.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    njiska is the best. He treats me right. I treat him right
    Damn. Your 360 is so nice to you.

Mine would probably bitch a lot how I don't play that much because I'm busy. My 360 is such a needy wench.
    I'm sure it's not the only thing on live nagging for your attention. :P

Besides Fox you just need to learn how to treat a lady and then she won't be all up in your grill the entire time.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I may be out of place in saying this, but having a hard drive doesn't make a console more PC-like. You can say it if you never owned a PC that didn't have a hard drive, I guess. Seriously, portable music players have hard drives and you don't call them PCs. Soon the 1" drives make it into cell pohones and PDAs. Car radios will save music by the hours and play it back later, much like "Tivo".

Oh yeah, and the new PSP. The 2007 one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok you're all right. A hard drive doesn't make a console a PC. so what makes a PC a PC and a console a console

A keyboard and mouse - Consoles have adopted them
    VGA monitors - Consoles have adopted them
    Hard drives - Consoles have adopted them
    Internet Access - Consoles have adopted it
    Emulators - Consoles have adopted them
    Different OS - Consoles have been hacked to adopt them

The only real difference between a modern console and a PC is that the consoles are a closed architecture and PCs aren't. Oh, and because of this fact that you'll generally pay $10-$20 more for the same title on a console then you will on a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rock
    Second, the hard drive is a good thing, and third its realy not possable for the 360 to get a virus because there is nothing available for it to download that isint secured by microsoft aswell as the developers of said download.
    I never said the hard drive was a bad thing. And are you really going to go on record as saying that you believe that Microsoft is going to protect you from viruses? Have you ever heard of a few of Microsoft's others products? Specifically Windows 98, Windows ME, and Windows XP. Yeah, Microsoft really protected it's users from viruses there.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok you're all right. A hard drive doesn't make a console a PC. so what makes a PC a PC and a console a console

A keyboard and mouse - Consoles have adopted them
    VGA monitors - Consoles have adopted them
    Hard drives - Consoles have adopted them
    Internet Access - Consoles have adopted it
    Emulators - Consoles have adopted them
    Different OS - Consoles have been hacked to adopt them
    Consoles adopted all these devices as they were needed or affordable. Sometimes neither (PS2 harddrive). The DC had a keyboard even though all of three games supported it. The Gamecube has internet capabilities even though it's used on all of two games.

As for the OS thing, most consoles are proprientary, like a CD player, Wal-mart price scanner or Ford truck's braking system. You wouldn't have the option of multiple OSs no more than you would have the option in firmwares on the PSP. Before Windows, like the Amiga and C64, they had one OS and you don't see anyone calling them consoles.

The Atari 7800 could play 2600 games. Games not written, sold, or designed for the platform. Which should make it "emulation", right? And while we're on emulation, virtually all PC games are designed to be emulated because all PCs (386 to present) are emulators. You could run whatever program or game if you have the right drivers and enough power. Not so much based on the model number or what video card or media drive.

You can get an Xbox to run Linux, a DS to run Opera and homebrews for the PSP. These three are programs adapted to the systems, not systems adapting to the program. An example of the latter would be, with the right drivers, you could get Quake to run on the GP2X. Not because the GP2X is a portable computer, but a portable emulator.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to nitpick njiska, but your signature seems to imply that your blog is for your 306 and not your 360. And if this is not in error, I would like to purchase your Xbox306 for collecting purposes.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat
    I hate to nitpick njiska, but your signature seems to imply that your blog is for your 306 and not your 360. And if this is not in error, I would like to purchase your Xbox306 for collecting purposes.
    Many thing is what i get for drinking and posting. Spelling isn't my friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since I'm a glutton for quirk things like this I went ahead and signed up.

http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=IamUr