Personally I think Wii is a silly name for pretty much anything. However, I will be purchasing one on launch day and I know that when I ask for it I'll undoubtedly have a smirk on my face from saying something so silly. But who's to say Nintendo won't change the name for other countries (not saying they will), it's seems reasonable enough and in fact they've done it before, so it's not completely out of the question. Sure, it seems shallow to judge the console on its name alone, but guess what, there are a helluvalot of shallow people. Will there be people who won't buy the console based soley on the fact that its name is "Wii"? Yes. I will honestly say that I believe a majority of those people are the uninformed consumer and the non gaming types Nintendo is aiming this console towards. In a best case scenario people will ignore the name and the Wii will be a success, but only time will tell.

I will however be refering to the Wii as the Nintendo World War II amongst freinds from this point on as I think it is a nifty nick name.

Also please note, if I ever saw a product named the "Fagatron 4000" I would buy it immediately regardless of cost, what it was, or what purpose it served.