Thread: Guilty Gear X

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Default Guilty Gear X

Well, I finally got around to playing Guilty Gear X (I put it off for a long time since I didn't like the original Guilty Gear very much).

It's a marked improvement over the original, fortunately. I'm SO HAPPY that the ridiculous INSTANT KILLS were toned down! As for the rest of the fighting engine...well, it's solid. Reminds me a lot of Real Bout (without the 2 fields of fighting, of course). And the graphics.....unquestionably the best graphics in any 2D fighter, ever. However, beauty isn't all I look for in a woman. Metaphorically speaking. ^_^

Anybody else want to contribute their 2 zenny? And has anyone played Guilty Gear Petit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've already sung the praises of the Guilty Gear series in another thread, so I'll confine my remarks here to Guilty Gear X. If nothing else, the game is remarkable in its ability to expertly create a frantic, anime-stylized fighting atmosphere. The animation and character design are gorgeous, and the highly aggressive combat system is great fun.

Granted, Guilty Gear X is still more of a "fringe fighter" than a competition-friendly title like Street Fighter Alpha 3 or Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves. It can also get garish and goofy ("Are you ready? It's cool!"), but in my book, it's the single most enjoyable fighting game I've ever come across.

And on a side note, I'll still vaguely upset that we Americans received only the basic version of Guilty Gear X for the PS2. If I remember correctly, Japanese fans got a special edition that featured actual endings and two more characters, Justice and Kliff.