Thread: Quick story about the Kisado Connector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Quick story about the Kisado Connector

I long ago traded away my Kisado. I have missed it ever since. Having recently bought a "reprint" of Sapphire, I needed to set about buying a HuCard converter to play it on my Duo. My CoreGrafx couldn't help me there. I want a converter for the collection anyway.

I went to TZD to get a Mirai. Yes, $100 is a lot, but I am totally comfortable paying it for something that will most likely work perfectly. As I was looking at the Price list, this caught my eye:

Kisado Game Converter . $149.99 ACC

We have uncovered a small supply of the original Kisado Game converters that allow you to play Japanese HuCard on your American hardware. These are the premier converters which all others hope to reach. Get yours today, as once these are gone, you will probably not get another chance to get your hands on one.
    Yes, the price is on the crazy side, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to get a brand new Kisado. When ordering, I had an issue with the site, so I sent an email to make sure everything went through ok. This was my reply. CHECK OUT THE PS!

Kyle;

I don't see any problem with your order, we see it once, complete and ready to go!

We appreciate your support!

TZD
    www.tzd.com

PS You may have just bought the last Kisado adapter sold new on this planet...
    WOW. I just lucked into their last one. Speechless am I.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

congrats...but honestly lines like that reminds me of a rice krispy treat commercial

some guy: OMG it's the last one and it's mine!
    beligerant cashier: MMmmHhmm it's all yours.
    (some guy runs out, while beligerant cashier pulls one rice krispy treat from what seems to be an endless supply of rice krispy treats)
    another guy: OMG it's the last one
    (thus the cycle continues anew)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good call, but it could be true in this case. We'll have to see if they pull the item from their site soon. Not that too many people shop there very often.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

HOLY CRAP. Cool email, man. Save that and print it...put it with wherever you keep your kisado. Great tale...

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought an orange/Duo Kisado brand new when SFII:CE first came out and its never worked 100%.

Its a pain in the ass when it doesn't and you're trying to boot an Arcade Card Duo, since it doesn't give you a different screen than the "Push Run" one from the Sys 3 card.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    HOLY CRAP. Cool email, man. Save that and print it...put it with wherever you keep your kisado. Great tale...
    And don't you dare break the box! It must be MNSIB and kept in a vacuum-tight vault!

(Of course I'm just joking, but that must be pointed out in a forum like this ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger
    I bought an orange/Duo Kisado brand new when SFII:CE first came out and its never worked 100%.

Its a pain in the ass when it doesn't and you're trying to boot an Arcade Card Duo, since it doesn't give you a different screen than the "Push Run" one from the Sys 3 card.
    You must have gotten a bad one. As we all know, that kind of thing does happen. The one I had about 9 years ago was perfect. You had to make sure your connection was right, but it worked great.

The one I just got in the mail (pictures to follow) works just as well as my first. I also happened to receive my eBay copy of Altered Beast CD with the System Card 1.0 on the same day (nice). Worked the first time and every time since.

Can't wait to get rockin' with the Arcade Card again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klausien
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger

You must have gotten a bad one. As we all know, that kind of thing does happen. The one I had about 9 years ago was perfect. You had to make sure your connection was right, but it worked great.

The one I just got in the mail (pictures to follow) works just as well as my first. I also happened to receive my eBay copy of Altered Beast CD with the System Card 1.0 on the same day (nice). Worked the first time and every time since.

Can't wait to get rockin' with the Arcade Card again.
    Mine works fine when it works, its just getting the connection right that can be a pain in the ass sometimes because of the length of the Duo version.

And if you're using an Arcade Card Duo, you don't know if its connected right until you try loading the game and it either works or you get the 'please use arcade card screen'.