Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Default Don't take your games for granted

Most likely a near-pointless rant type of post, I want everyone to understand the REAL value of the games they own.

Just last Sunday, I went to the anime convention at the local community college. It was amazing. 2D fighters and Guitar Hero played like crazy by all attendees. When it was over, I packed up and left. Of course, my 2D fighters were in a big stack, so I tossed them in my pocket. I triple checked to make sure I had all of my goods.

I return home, and on Wednesday night I head over to my mom's with my large game bag. I noticed I was missing my large CD case with my games in it. I figured, "Oh, left it at Dad's when I took my Dreamcast out."

I return to my Dad's to not find my case. I am at my Mom's again. No CD case ANYWHERE. I think all I have are my 2D and 3D fighters left in my stack, which I have for sure sitting on a shelf at home.

Yeah, I think I lost a huge number of PS2, PS1, Saturn, Dramcast, and DVD stuff worth well over a few hundred dollars. All my Nippon Ichi stuff, Record of Lodoss War, Dragon Force... All possibly gone.

However, me losing games is not the point.

Guys, treasure your games. Hell, at least be responsible. If I'm lucky, one of the anime staff will have grabbed it and I'll be able to get it back at an anime club meeting. If not, then they're gone.

Enjoy them while you can. They might one day be gone, whether it be by your own fault as in my case, a fire, robbery, etc. I'm sure most of you know this already, but if no one's had something like this happen, please learn from my mistake.

Peace out. I've still got my Cube and all of my fighters. Sorry if my thread was just a mindless rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That really sucks man. My condolences.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Well, here's somewhat of an update:
    The security staff found my CD wallet. Given, I forget my PS2 memory card when I went to ask them and then left my Gamecube controller at my friend's. I also left my copy of Smash Bros. Melee in Geauga in October, with my Cube memory card.

So, in theory, I will get all of my stuff back. But, does anyone else forget their stuff like this when they travel, or do I just suck? I really need to school to end so my mind isn't so damn preoccupied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

When I travel, the most I'll take with me is either a GBA with a couple of games, or my PSP with a couple of games. Either way, I am SUPER SUPER anal about making sure that I have all of my stuff.

I am very glad that your CD wallet was recovered. I have lost things before, so I know the feeling.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember back in 99 I lost my Gameboy Color on a plane. Pissed me off so badly. Since than I too have been very careful making sure I have everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have lost a bunch of watches in my time. Once, had the band of a NICE watch break at work, and then I lost the watch itself somewhere, possibly at the same damn workplace. My fault, of course.

I've never lost a game, thankfully, but I've gotten very careful about those. I'd never let one out of my sight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

shitty deal...

this is why I keep my corner of the world small... and stay living in my own means... not a big collection, most of them the creme of the crop, but all I treasure, anything I won't play is gone out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I often double check my game collection to make sure nothing is stolen or misplaced. There have been a few occasions where I went nuts trying to hunt down specific games that ended up hiding under something.

As for losing stuff out and about, that doesn't really happen because I always account for everything I go out with. I count what I have and the titles to be sure there isn't even swapping outs. It's hard to go wrong with that, plus whenever I do go out everything is stuffed in carry cases and then carried in book or duffle bags. I should buy some hand cuffs to add flavor to my tansportation methods.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I had my Suikoden 2 either vanish or stolen from me a few years ago. That sucked as I had to buy a $90 one sometime after that happened. Now, with that game, I ALWAYS make sure that I know where it is and make sure that I keep it hidden whenever people are over here, just in case.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It sounds to me you just need to better organize yourself. I guees it would be a good idea to write down stuff you take someplace. I never let any of my games out of my sight. Anyway, grab a pen and paper and write down what you brought where. When you leave, you have something in front of you to check your inventory. It is faster than scracthing your head wondering if you have everything. Should help you out a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

you loose a lot of stuff as it sounds.....ive never lost anything big and expensive like that , but i am anal about my collection (and all my property) and take extremely well care of everything...it sounds like you just need to be a little more careful and take a little more time in preparing your stuff when you go somewhere or return
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Happy for you that you're getting your stuff back. I know the feeling of losing stuff and the feeling of relief to find out you're getting it back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmiley381
    Well, here's somewhat of an update:
    The security staff found my CD wallet. Given, I forget my PS2 memory card when I went to ask them and then left my Gamecube controller at my friend's. I also left my copy of Smash Bros. Melee in Geauga in October, with my Cube memory card.

So, in theory, I will get all of my stuff back. But, does anyone else forget their stuff like this when they travel, or do I just suck? I really need to school to end so my mind isn't so damn preoccupied.
    Good news on getting your stuff back!

I rarely forget my gaming things *knock on wood*

That being said, I hardly ever take them outside our house, and when I do, I'm ultra careful.