Thread: Able to salvage getting scammed on eBay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Able to salvage getting scammed on eBay

$56.64... today was refunded $31.64 ($25 processing fee, now they'll see if they can recover that $25)

If not, hey... 31 bucks back is better than nothing. If I sent a money order I'd be screwed outta 57 whole bucks, instead of 25.

So why do people hate paypal? In my experience, it proves to be 100x better than money orders.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Would you mind explaining what happened? How'd you get scammed, and what was the item?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    Would you mind explaining what happened? How'd you get scammed, and what was the item?
    It was a new seller with 0 feedback. Game was a complete Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (used but complete) NO picture though... I guess I got too greedy with testing my luck.

Anyway, a week after I paypaled her, and nothing came I was just shuffling through my won items, and saw her feedback -4!

So I knew I was in trouble and 2 weeks after nothing came, I filed the claim on 4/24.

NGT has yet to come and it will never come, because she's a scammer and game was never sent.

But being an avid Bay user since 1999, this is only my 2nd scam, so that's a pretty good % still I say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Able to salvage getting scammed on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    So why do people hate paypal? In my experience, it proves to be 100x better than money orders.
    Well, yeah, for buyers. If you're a seller, you absolutely need to watch what you do, or you could be taken by a scamming buyer incredibly easily. Honestly, the only reason I accept Paypal is because so many people use it exclusively. If it were up to me, I'd receive nothing but money orders from customers. No fees, no chargebacks, no hassle.

If you're a buyer, the biggest issue is making sure your seller is legit. Paypal is heavily weighted towards buyers in terms of disputes as well.

Good luck getting the Processing Fee back. Not sure if I've seen a case of Paypal refunding that too.
    ________
    LovelyWendie
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Firstly, you should put the filter on which won't let buyers with -1 or more feedback AND/OR 2 unpaid strikes bid on your items. It's really simple to add, look in the seller options under your paypal account.

I would definetly call paypal and let them know about this dude with -4 feedback trying to scam you through paypal, there really isn't much you can do except sit back and let paypal handle it unfortently.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!