Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SirCyan

Default Please Lock - Thank You

Topic can now be locked. Thank you.

-----

Well, folks, I never thought I'd do this. I've been presented with a very unique opportunity to outright purchase a computer business that I've had my eyes on for a long time. The price and timing is right, so I thought I'd take the plunge and buy it. If things go well, I'll own this business until I'm ready to retire. It just looks *that* good.

Unfortunately, something's got to give, and it looks like I'll have to put my entire collection on the market in an attempt to meet the sale price. I've been collecting for the past couple of years now, and am rather proud of what I've put together. I've got over 1,500 games for all manner of systems. If you take the Digital Press guide into account, (considering R0/$0 items to be worth $5, mostly Super Famicom games in my case), then the total "DP Value" (according to the guide) is over $15,000.

I'm currently taking offers for the whole lot.

I'm looking for serious buyers only. I'm not looking to sell any pieces individually, only the whole lot. Payment will have to be via some sort of guranteed funds: cashier's cheque, money order(s), or even escrow.

Pictures of the lot can be found here: http://rrx.ca/collection/ Please be aware that most of the loose games are stacked two or three rows deep. This is especially true of the Super Famicom, Super Nintendo, and Nintendo games.

The entire list of titles (and systems) can be found (when the DP database is up) here: My Collection
    My DP feedback can be viewed here: My DP Feedback
    My eBay feedback can be viewed here: My eBay Feedback

The lot includes over 1,500 games and various systems. System highlights include a complete PC Engine Core Grafx (in box), a complete original Famicom (in box), and a Vectrex with a ton of games (including the rare R8 version of "Web Warp" from MB in Ireland.)

While not a complete tally (I have plenty of other games for other systems) included notables are:

94 3DO Games (over 50% of the entire North American releases)
    63 Atari 2600 Games
    181 Genesis Games (mostly in boxes)
    56 Intellivision Games (including Mr. Basic Meets Bits and Bytes sealed, among other rarities)
    28 Jaguar Games & system (over 50% of the entire North American releases)
    240 Nintendo NES Games + Famicom Games
    43 PlayStation 2 titles, including plenty of great RPG's (Disgaea, Radiata Stories, et al), some of which are sealed.
    156 PlayStation 1 Games, a modded system + a PAL system in great condition
    271 SNES and Super Famicom games (including Chrono Trigger boxed, Final Fantasy II + III boxed, and some Japanese rarities: Lennus II and soforth.)
    64 Saturn games (including Vay and Shining Wisdom)
    44 SegaCD Games
    34 Sega Master System games (including Alf, Power Strike, Montezuma's Revenge, and other rarities)
    40 TG-16 and PC Engine games (including the PCE Dracula X)

I've also got stacks and stacks of NES systems, PS1 systems and the like. You can get a rough idea of what's up for grabs by looking at this: http://rrx.ca/fleamarket.jpg.

I'm more than happy to talk about specific numbers to anyone interested in making a serious offer. Just send me a PM.

-RS.
    My: Collection | DP Feedback | eBay Feedback | FS/FT Thread
    RoadRunner X BBS; oldschool dialup BBS!
    Web: http://rrx.ca, Telnet: telnet://rrx.ca.
    Amateur Radio Callsign: VA6RRX

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Best of luck

Cyan is a really good friend of mine, a man of great integrity is all I can say.

I've done alot of good business with him, (that PCE Dracula used to be mine), and I'll really miss spending time in his Room of Doom.

A beautiful, intelligently acquired collection, I've seen it up close and played lots of the games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I second that Cyan's collection is nice. If I had the money, I'd buy it right now, but with my store opening in a month or so, I'm low on cash.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

very nice collection. Nothing interests me though and i buy by the bulk and deal prices, if your still trying to get rid of all that and have a hard time let me know i can make a quick flip for you. But see how far you get first. Let me know.