Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: post here if ScottK still owes you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Grrr......O.K., this sucks, while I would love to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he had multiples of "Matrix" DVD's, I just can't.
    I don't know the seller here so I can't vouch for him or discredit him.

But I have tons of Matrix dvds. Its one of the most common ones you will come across. So its very possible he had doubles.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just love it when people on here don't ship for a freaking month and expect everyone to understand.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

"I just love it when people on here don't ship for a freaking month and expect everyone to understand."
    Well said. As a seller, I don't ever list more items than I can ship out in a reasonable amount of time. If you have 30-40 items to sell, there is something to be said for sitting on the rest of them if you can't get everything out within a few days. Instead, most people just list every damn item they have available then use excuses. It's always someone elses fault.

"Well, I didn't expect to get so many orders or to do so much business. So what do you want me to do?"

or excuse #2

"I'm not a business. I live alone in an apartment and it's just me shipping everything out and I only make it to the post office once a week, etc."

I've got a few hundred items I could list here or on Ebay all at once, but I am responsible enough to not do it, because listing every damn one of them would result in me getting backed up. I like to ship items on time, as do most people here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren870
    Quoted from a few posts down. Gamelord = ScottK

Everyone's package is still here and will be mailed off as soon as funds become available to do so.
    WTF?! We sent the money for the shipping, it should be available already dontcha think? That money's not for hookers and blow, it's to ship out our damn packages!

Well, I'll believe it when I see it, or rather when I punch the DC # into usps.com and it gives me useful information, on second thought, I'd rather get a scan of the P.O. receipt that shows he bought postage for my specific zip code (and the DC#).

I'm moving soon, so it had better get here soon (my moving shouldn't have been an issue I haven't bought anything online in...a month, fancy that).

This is just patently unacceptable. Maybe I don't understand what it is to have such amazing volume of sales at one time to delay shipping or whatever, but still, if you're not prepared to ship things in a timely manner why are you selling stuff online. (or perhaps, why are you selling it all at once) Even when I list a dozen things on ebay and everyone pays me the day after the auctions end, I end up carrying all 12 packages by hand (not in a car mind you) to the P.O. the day I get paid, or the day after depending on how late in the day I get the money, heck, sometimes I make two trips to the P.O. in a day just to give that little extra service (I feel if you paid me today, and the P.O. is still open, then I should ship today, plus I let the buyer know it's shipped, give them the dc # if they want it, etc). If there was some emergency, that I can understand, if I'm contacted, even if you're getting online with a dreamcast you should be able to get into dp or yahoo mail or something to let your customers know what's going on. You can even arrange for the postal service to pick up priority packages from your home while you're tending to your sick father (or whatever other lame excuse you happen to use).

Ok, rant over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    I paid $19 for these games:

Duck Tales
    Metroid
    Code Name Viper
    The Krion Conquest
    Chip N Dale
    Flintstones (SNES)

cavein2000, I was the one who took Chip N Dale. I guess you were the lucky one. I am, however, still hanging on to hope that these items will arrive shortly within the next 7 days. I paid on 4/11/06
    Hmmm... I had duck tales in my original order too. Did you add that after, because when I put in my order he responded that only chip n dale was the only one unavailable.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The games I purchased(of which of course I don't have yet):

-Loose Snes games-
    Final Fantasy 2
    Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
    F-Zero
    NBA Jam
    Super Caesars Palace
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors

I paid 43 shipped for them. Most of them he has listed on ebay under his ebay nick gamelord2000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cavein2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    I paid $19 for these games:

Duck Tales
    Metroid
    Code Name Viper
    The Krion Conquest
    Chip N Dale
    Flintstones (SNES)

cavein2000, I was the one who took Chip N Dale. I guess you were the lucky one. I am, however, still hanging on to hope that these items will arrive shortly within the next 7 days. I paid on 4/11/06
    Hmmm... I had duck tales in my original order too. Did you add that after, because when I put in my order he responded that only chip n dale was the only one unavailable.
    1st I placed an order for CND and Flintstones. Then, I PM 'ed him back for the other 4 games. It was a short time span that I did so.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So it's after 5pm (eastern) and I haven't received an email or PM from scottK yet. I am Jack's utter lack of surprise. Has anyone else heard from him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

I filed a complaint with PAYPAL. If I do recieve the items I will retract it. Maybe, I will get my money back...or not. I'm sure he is long gone with the money, we'll see!

I suggest that everyone here does the same thing. If his PAYPAL account is linked with his bank account, I think they can charge his bank...not really sure though.

I also gave PAYPAL the link to this and his sales thread. Hopefully that will help them with their investigation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If he doesn't have the funds, I believe they'll lock his account rendering it unusable. I'm talking about his bank account, not his paypal account.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ahhhhh

It is Tuesday and I never recieved a pm from Scottk what the hell...in the past I have dealt with him and had not problems...somebody needs to get there shit together. Problems or not. Business comes first.
    ~TisLord~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

This info for ScottK was in the reciept from PAYPAL:

Customer Service URL: http://www.game-lord.com
    Customer Service Email: sales@game-lord.com
    Customer Service Phone: 219-548-9200

I haven't tried the number yet, but I think I will later.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not completely sure, but I believe it's illegal for PayPal to touch your bank account/maybe credit card without your explicit permission. Hopefully I'm wrong :/ ....getting ripped sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah I'm going to file a complaint tomorrow afternoon, if I don't hear anything from ScottK. This is now unacceptable. He's had more than enough time to give us a courtesy note.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenm
    I'm not completely sure, but I believe it's illegal for PayPal to touch your bank account/maybe credit card without your explicit permission. Hopefully I'm wrong :/ ....getting ripped sucks.
    A few years ago I found myself on the short end of a transaction and Paypal did just that for me. You should've seen the nasty messages I got from teh seller when they locked his account and his rent check bounced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I posted this in the original thread last night, then I saw this thread.

Last night I sent an email to sales@gamelord.com, today I got a response from Scott. The following is that email. I hope this helps.

"Thank you for being more patient and understanding than others. I am sorry for the long delay. I have had so many problems as of lately. It started out when my website got hacked into and suspended. I got it back, but lost all content including emails for a week. Then I was out of town for a few weeks and had employess take care of the store. They didn't ship the packages like they were supposed to. They also stole alot of money and merchandise from me. My paypal account and ebay account have pretty much been shut down. In any event I've been real short on funds. but really do want to get this issue and every one else's resolved. I never intended to rip anyone off. I still have the stuff and will mail everyone's items out within the next seven days. I have about 50 packages that need to be shipped immediatly and yours is one of them. I do have your delivery confirmation number on your package. The number is: 0306 0320 0001 4014 3003 . I promise to have it out asap, but please give me up to a week to get everthing sent out. My PC is also broken and that is the reason why I have not been able to access the dp site and write a message there.

If you could do me a favor and post a message on dp for me asking that anyone who has not heard from me today, to email me here (sales@game-lord.com) . For right now I am only able to contact people through this email account. I thank you again for your patience. I really do want to get this matter (and everyone else's matter) cleared up.

Scott"

www.LANgaming.net
    www.RetroGoggles.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

April 17 2006
    "The package has already been sent. It was sent sometime last week. I had a ton of orders from the B1G1 free sale and had to make several trips to the post office to get everything sent out. You should receive it within the next few days.

Scott"

That's a note I received from Scott on April 17th, nine days after he received my payment on April 8th.

If he hadn't sent it, why did he say he'd sent it? Why does he emphasize that he'd made several trips to the post office to get everything sent when none of us have received any of it and it was his employees who were supposedly taking care of it anyway? I'd have liked to have given the guy the benefit of the doubt, but he told me he sent it and now he's telling us he's going to send it. Not to mention he'd told us he would send us all delivery confirmation numbers on Monday. It's wednesday, folks. Smell the coffee.

Again, nothing would make me happier to find out he, in fact, had sent it when he said he did and to find the stuff on my doorstep over the next few days, but as things look now, he apparently lied about sending it in the first place, he failed to live up to sending out delivery confirmation numbers and now he wants seven more days.

I paid him via paypal with credit card and my credit card company was happy to cancel the charge. I advise others to do the same sooner than later. Paypal has a 45 day deadline for making claims like this. I can't help thinking it would be to a scammer's benefit to string out the resolution past that deadline.

If this is just a big misunderstanding, I do sympathize with the guy, he's probably going through a rough time to be so behind on shipments, but I don't see how that connects to having lied about having shipped something.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default nes games

i see alot of people purchased nes games from this guy

i have posted threads for nes games and i had lower prices. must have had it in the wrong spot. i got buned on ebay and resorted to the dp to sell them off. i had about 750 games, but now i only have around 350 nes carts for sale.

pm me if you are interested in 8 bit nes games 8 bucks a piece plus shipping buy one get one free!

thanks
    ace!
    "The kid who dies with the most toys wins!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: nes games

Quote Originally Posted by neonesmaster
    i see alot of people purchased nes games from this guy

i have posted threads for nes games and i had lower prices. must have had it in the wrong spot. i got buned on ebay and resorted to the dp to sell them off. i had about 750 games, but now i only have around 350 nes carts for sale.

pm me if you are interested in 8 bit nes games 8 bucks a piece plus shipping buy one get one free!

thanks
    ace!
    Who are you to post something like that? Are you that stupid? You really are a clown.

This is a topic about people who might of been burned by a seller and then you come in advertising a sale?

I wish you would just take yourself and your ps2 empty box collection and leave this place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Umm.. Owned.