Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: E3 2006 - News, Updates, pics, videos official thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    @ petewhitley

Look here, it's real simple. We'd all be inclined to agree with you if the biggest selling systems were also the ones with the most horsepower, but that's just not the way it goes.

Graphical power alone simply doesn't move systems. If it did, the PS2 would have been a distant 3rd place in this generation.
    I think you guys are on two different levels.

He's right, graphical prowess does push someone to buy a new system but as of this current generation and the upcoming generation there are far, far more variables that have major impacts on sales. The total sales of any given system are based on those variables, the total sales of a generation are largely (not all) due to a consumers desire for something that simply looks better. The difference in graphical quality between the competitors being one of those variables.

Theres no doubt the Xbox won many fanboys with it's "best performance" last generation, but when it comes down to actually purchasing a console even the most casual gamer will look at what games they do and don't want to play.

But now it's totally different. The price of the PS3 and the control scheme/lack of raw power in the Wii are two things the market has never encountered before and it'll be nigh impossible to predict "standings" among the big three in 2009.

What you can count on though is that Nintendo and Sony both have amazing marketing talents. Sony is a no brainer, they're the masters of spin as has been noted previously. They'll likely take the price point of the PS3 vs. the price of the 360 and make consumers think that it's literally TWICE as good because it's literally TWICE the price. And they've got enough trust in the mass market that people will believe it.

Nintendo has taken the DS from a niche market to really poking into the mass non-gamer market with games like Nintendogs and Brain Age. They're experienced in reaching that non-gamer market now and they'll use that to their full ability to push the Wii to a different level.

Nintendo will be the exception to the rule of graphical power, but even still it will be an enhancement over last gen and they'll likely get a LOT of sales at launch from users who simply want a better looking Zelda than they could get on the Cube.

I agree 100% with your post there,

I do think the price point for the PS3 is high that's not to say that they couldn't just be trying to gauge reaction on it and than drop the price but I doubt that to,

It's gonna be an interesting generation and no matter what there won't be one clear winner

though I plan to have at least either a 360/ps3 and a Wii probaly all 3 if possible

but it's probaly not feasible, we shall see

It's gonna be an interesting generation

and System Power does define some things but it's definitly not the be all and end all.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren870
    Quote Originally Posted by segagamer4life

is there some reason why my pics aren't showing up? any ideas? I rechecked the url's and everything looks fine...
    Because it requires you to be logged into IGN to view them

oh, thanks for the heads up.. damn that stinks...
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joker T

HOLY....

Those graphics are CRAZY! THP8 (Beforehand known as Downhill Jam) Is on my Must buy list when i get a 360!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait a minute... so this Project 8 is just Downhill Jam? I thought they were two different games...
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait a minute... so this Project 8 is just Downhill Jam? I thought they were two different games...
    You are correct. Downhill Jam is for the Wii, Project 8 is for the 360 and I'm guessing the other primary systems.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joker T
    You are correct. Downhill Jam is for the Wii, Project 8 is for the 360 and I'm guessing the other primary systems.
    Project 8 is for PS3, PS2, PSP, XBOX and XBOX 360.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got done watching the full versions of the Wii videos, and I must say that Nintendo couldn't have gotten goofier looking actors if they tried. Those people looked really, dumb, and really gay, and I must say that I was embarrased for Nintendo while watching it. The whole people with spiked hair and all that crap, just made me , not in a good way.

Bottom line, the videos are very, very goofy. Especially the humans playing the games. Everybody looked dumb.

The other thing that I got from it, was the fact that the graphics for the Wii suck. Plain and simple. And please, don't barrage me with all the "That's all you care about? Graphics? How sad is that?". Save all that shit, ok. Sure, I know that it's all about the gameplay, but you have to admit that the Wii looks like it has Xbox 1 graphics, for a next gen system releasing late in 2006, it's downright embarassing. The graphics for Mario look no better than Mario Sunshine and Mario 64, what the F is up with that? Come on, this system has to have much more power than that, where is the power? The Metroid game looks just like the current Metroids on the GameCube. And don't even get me started on the Golf and Baseball games, pathetic.

I was actually somewhat excited about the Wii, just because I thought that maybe there would be a kick ass game that involves swordfighting or lightsabers or something. I guess Red Steel or whatever, is kinda like that, but still, I'm not as excited about the Wii as I was. The graphics just seem so far below the 360 and PS3, it's almost laughable.

Again, I totally understand that graphics are only screen deep, and that it's all about the gameplay, but like I've always said before, incredible graphics and deep and solid gameplay are not mutually exclusive. You can have both. Also, although I'm somewhat of a graphics whore, I can't be 100 percent graphics whore, because I still love games like Cybermorph for the Jaguar and Sega Rally for the Saturn. The graphics on those games suck bigtime, but that doesn't stop me from loving them. Thus, while the graphics of the Wii are a huge letdown, it doesn't mean the games are going to suck or anything, but for me to say that I'm not horribly dissapointed in the Wii, would be an outright lie.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Perhaps this will shut you up Tony.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl....REVEALED.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson
    Perhaps this will shut you up Tony.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl....REVEALED.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

eh, I've never been a Smash Brothers fan, so that doesn't do anything for me. All I really want from Nintendo is a Mario game that is as good as Jak and Daxter 3 or Ratchet and Clank 3 or crap like that. The idea of playing a Mario game with that controller doesn't appeal to me. Basically, I want a Mario 64 on horse steroids. I thought that Mario Sunshine was going to be that game, and then that game turned out to be Mario 64 1.5 :Stuck on an island. The graphics of Mario Sunshine were a major dissapointment to me, and I wasn't a big fan of the whole water spout thing, and I also didn't like to be stuck on an island. I want to see a ton of different worlds. Super Mario World is my all time favorite game, and Mario 64 was absolutely revolutionary for it's time, and it was the perfect way to bring Mario into the world of 3D, but since then, it's been all downhill. When I first heard about Super Mario Galaxy, I was incredibly pumped up and excited, but after watching the video of it, I'm quite dissapointed. I'm sure I'll still play the thing from start to finish, and I'm sure it's probably fun and everything, but it's not what I was dreaming of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Whoever started this post should just change this to the "E3 Wii news thread"

Hardly anyone is mentioning not a single one of the other systems. I guess this thread has brought out all the fanboys.

I mean... I'm looking forward to the Wii. But christ people... Some PC, 360, or PS3 news would be nice. I haven't heard shit on the PS3 but everyone complaining about the pricing structure. I've heard absolutely nothing on the PC.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler
    Remake of Classic Duck Hunt for Wii:

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706955p1.html

Thanks youruglyclone for finding this.
    That's some of the best news yet!
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Snake! SNAAAAAKE!!!! Freakin' awesome! Man, Solid Snake in Smash Bros.! This has to be up there as one of the biggest surprises of E3.

Plus, if you want some news of the others systems, bring something up worth talking about. It's hard to get excited about a $600 system.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy

Hardly anyone is mentioning not a single one of the other systems. I guess this thread has brought out all the fanboys.

I mean... I'm looking forward to the Wii. But christ people... Some PC, 360, or PS3 news would be nice. I haven't heard shit on the PS3 but everyone complaining about the pricing structure. I've heard absolutely nothing on the PC.
    Well Shadow Run looks amazing. I like what they are doing with Vista so that games on PC will earn you achievement points. Also I think Shadowrun-PC vs. Shadowrun-360 is a great idea.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Uhh, you want some cheese with that whine?

Theres a reason I started my first post in this thread with "People will be talking about Sony for the next 16 hours" because that's when the Nintendo conference started.

It happens every year, and Nintendo is incredibly good at stealing everyone elses thunder. Why aren't we talking about the PS3 beyond the price? Because it's not that interesting and the price is a HUGE announcement with incredibly large consequences for the entire market. Way bigger than any game they showed, none of which were suprising to anyone. They were all known or knew were going to happen (FFXIII). That and theres a huge PS3 thread staying at the top of this forum already.

For 360, there's a Halo thread. Beyond that, not very interesting.

Discussing whats most interesting to us hardly makes us fanboys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont think many people are pumed for the ps3...thats probably why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Uhh, you want some cheese with that whine?

Theres a reason I started my first post in this thread with "People will be talking about Sony for the next 16 hours" because that's when the Nintendo conference started.

It happens every year, and Nintendo is incredibly good at stealing everyone elses thunder. Why aren't we talking about the PS3 beyond the price? Because it's not that interesting and the price is a HUGE announcement with incredibly large consequences for the entire market. Way bigger than any game they showed, none of which were suprising to anyone. They were all known or knew were going to happen (FFXIII). That and theres a huge PS3 thread staying at the top of this forum already.

For 360, there's a Halo thread. Beyond that, not very interesting.

Discussing whats most interesting to us hardly makes us fanboys.
    Bingo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CJayC over on GameFAQs just made a post after he got back from E3. He said he wasn't sold on the Wii until he actually played it. Now that he's played it, he says it basically exceeded all expectations, and that it looks like the best next-gen console right now. He also said he thinks most other people will believe in the Wii once retailers get playable kiosks up to show how fun the controller is.

Oh, and hezeus hit the nail on the head. I'm not a Nintendo fanboy by any stretch of means. I love my PS2 much more than my Gamecube, but PS3 hasn't unveiled anything interesting besides the price. When they show something mind-blowing besides some cookie cutter shooter or some cookie cutter racing game, the games will be worth commenting on. The Wii stole E3, whether or not it is the better console remains to be seen, but it clearly had a better show than Sony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, the idea behind Disaster - Day of Crisis sounds absolutely killer:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=139530

But still, the games of the show for me are Yoshi's Island 2 and Super Paper Mario. Platforming goodness has finally returned!
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At work today I was a bit bummed knowing I wouldn't be able to play Metal Gear Solid 4 and Virtua Fighter 5. I love those series but not enough to shell out $600. Then I saw a trailer for what will be the sequel to one of my all-time favorite games: Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It has Pit. PIT!!! Nintendo must have been reading my messages on the net about new characters for a SSB game. And we have Meta-Knight!! SOLID SNAKE!! Too good. I'm hoping Little Mac will be a new character as well.

I am all over Nintendo's Wii and yes, that pun was 100% intended.

The 360 version of Tony Hawk P8 looks sick.