Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: E3 2006 - News, Updates, pics, videos official thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just watched the SSBB trailer again. It makes me want to cry when I see it! It's a shame that won't be a launch title now. People have been clamoring for Pit to be in this series since the first one. I hope this means we'll finally be seeing Kid Icarus 3 soon.

Little Mac would be an excellent addition to the game, but I still want pig Gannon! More than anything else, though, I hope they give each character a unique move set this time, unlike the hidden characters in SSBM.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson
    Perhaps this will shut you up Tony.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl....REVEALED.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html
    Wario! Bloody Nintendogs!! Absolutely awesome!!! I can't believe Snake is there, too!

The graphics look really sweet, too! Can't friggin' wait!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

The last home console system Nintendo released which I gave a damn about was the SNES. That said, I honestly look forward to the Wii. From the price point to the controler to the downloads and the graphics, there isnt a thing I dont like about it. I know some members here look at the $500-$600 and think it's just a quarter to half their paycheck and think it's no big expense, but I see that amount and realize that's nearly an entire months income for me. I dont make alot of money and that price is beyond my means. Do I hate Sony? No, I dont. Between the PS1 and PS2 I own almost 200 games. If I hated them so much, I wouldnt own half that number. If anything one would think I hated Microsoft from my lack of support for the x-box. I have less then 30 games for it, yet I dont hate it. It doesnt matter to me if Tom, Dick, and Jane all go out and buy a PS3 at launch instead of the Wii. I think I'll be more happy with the Wii then anything the PS3 has to offer because from what I've seen so far, everything the PS3 has to offer is done better by everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze
    everything the PS3 has to offer is done better by everyone else.

Honestly that's a lie

we have no idea how the online will be 0.........plus there's the unknown factor of blu-ray

will it be as good as live? probaly not but will it be bad I doubt it

but to say everything is just a misguided statement0......

though to be honest I am looking at a 360 than eventually a ps3 because I still want the PS3, even though the best thing they could do is drop the price lower than 599, just before launch which would honestly do alot for the momentum

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoa! IGN are suggesting that Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin on the Nintendo DS could be the BEST EVER Castlevania.

It is a shame to read that Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Galaxy won't be launch titles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    Whoa! IGN are suggesting that Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin on the Nintendo DS could be the BEST EVER Castlevania.

It is a shame to read that Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Galaxy won't be launch titles.
    that's awesome

I love Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and if it's better than that, that's just amazing

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played Portrain of Ruin for almost an hour... IT IS AMAZING.

I love it so far... it really is one of the best Castlevania's already... very innovative for the series.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if anyone else knows this... but Nintendo seem to have confirmed that the standard output will be 480p. And they commented that the Wii is "much more" powerful than the GameCube.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan
    I played Portrain of Ruin for almost an hour... IT IS AMAZING.

I love it so far... it really is one of the best Castlevania's already... very innovative for the series.
    I officially hate you. Wait, no, maybe you can snag me a copy... I love you, really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can hate me now. I'll try to get some more details on it tomorrow when I meet with Konami.

In other news... DigitalSpace found this picture... IT HAS NOT BEEN ALTERED in any way!

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8...theman22rr.jpg
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy Moly! Best looking E3 booth babes ever! I'll take the one on the left, please. Please send via UPS Priority shipping. I'll pay you in mesetas!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for actually taking my point and elaborating it. You DO realize you took all that space to say what I had already said, right?

Quote Originally Posted by petewhitley
    Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaWHT
    ... processing power moves the market FORWARD...
    It makes the general public (not DP members) tuck yesterday's system in the closet for the new kid on the block.
    Yes, processing power delineates the generations of hardware, but it is not even close to a prediction of success.

Some of the most powerful systems per generation have been failures commercially.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Came across this also, apperently Nintendo's taking suggestions for SSSB characters:

http://forum.deviantart.com/entertai...gaming/631577/
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GimmeSomeReggae

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    Came across this also, apperently Nintendo's taking suggestions for SSSB characters:

http://forum.deviantart.com/entertai...gaming/631577/
    Eggplant Wizard! Eggplant Wizard!

-A Boy
    Hmph.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    Whoever started this post should just change this to the "E3 Wii news thread"

Hardly anyone is mentioning not a single one of the other systems. I guess this thread has brought out all the fanboys.

I mean... I'm looking forward to the Wii. But christ people... Some PC, 360, or PS3 news would be nice. I haven't heard shit on the PS3 but everyone complaining about the pricing structure. I've heard absolutely nothing on the PC.
    Uhh, you want some cheese with that whine?

Theres a reason I started my first post in this thread with "People will be talking about Sony for the next 16 hours" because that's when the Nintendo conference started.

It happens every year, and Nintendo is incredibly good at stealing everyone elses thunder. Why aren't we talking about the PS3 beyond the price? Because it's not that interesting and the price is a HUGE announcement with incredibly large consequences for the entire market. Way bigger than any game they showed, none of which were suprising to anyone. They were all known or knew were going to happen (FFXIII). That and theres a huge PS3 thread staying at the top of this forum already.

For 360, there's a Halo thread. Beyond that, not very interesting.

Discussing whats most interesting to us hardly makes us fanboys.
    Ummm - thats the textbook definition of a fanboy.

As I said... I want a Wii now too, but Jesus Christ people... There are other games for the 360 besides Halo 3 and Gears of War. And just because the PS3 has an astronomical price doesn't mean people don't wanna hear about it. And not one single person has mentioned Spore...

Still haven't heard jack-shit on the PC end.

BTW - Did S.T.A.L.K.E.R not show up at the show, this year?

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The buzz is Wii. **shrugs**

Spore looks flat out amazing, it's Will Wright, what would you expect? I just may have to snag a copy.

On the 360 front... what has interested me the most is Prey and Too Human. I'm not sold but I am interested.

That's all I can come up with that isn't Nintendo related... See why I would rather jive about Wii and the new DS games?

A vertical shooter from Milestone on Wii!!! My heart just skipped a beat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alrighty MarkMan, since you got some extensive playtime out of the Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin demo I have a question to ask you. Is it an explorative based Castlevania like the last five 2D Castlevania titles, or is it taking a more traditional, linear role? I'm curious because the gameplay videos just give me the idea that it might be taking on the old-school formula approach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

My WIW "What I want"

Xbox 360

Gears of War
    Lost Planet
    Halo 3

PS3

Lower price
    Metal Gear Solid 4

Wii

Red Steel
    Zelda Wii
    Mario Wii
    Wario Ware Wii

PC

Crystalis
    Spore

This list is subject to be updated

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was going to make a new thread titled... "Ok, so who is actually at e3", but I figured that it would be closed and that I would be instructed to just post it in this thread, so I'm just going to do it here.

WHO IS ACTUALLY AT THE e3 SHOW?

If you are actually at the show, can you give us some detailed impressions of your takes on games for the Wii, PS3 and 360, in regards to games that you actually had a chance to play yourself, or if you watched somebody playing the actual game? I'm not very interested in the videos or screenshots or anything, I just want some first hand experiences with actual playable games for these systems. Especially the PS3, cause I want to know if the PS3 really looks better than the 360, or is it pretty much the same. I'm also curious to see if the graphics for the Wii are as unimpressive as they look on the videos, or if they look much better in person. In the videos, they appear to be Xbox 1 level. Also, curious to get any takes on what it is like to use the wand and the tethered thing at the same time. Is it goofy to hold the wand and pretend it's a gun? I know they have that holder thing that makes it seem like a gun, but I don't like the idea that they but the movement on there too, cause that would seem super ackward to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was it announced that Mario Galaxy won't be a launch title? 'Cuz I kind of had my fingers crossed that it might be a pack-in game.

Hey, I know that doesn't happen much anymore these days, but if it's true the Wii could be really low in cost, why not throw in a pack-in game?
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately, pack in games are things of the past. We'll be lucky to get a little demo sampler thrown in there with a playable level or something.