Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2006 - News, Updates, pics, videos official thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS3 price.

$499 for version with 20gb hdd
    $599 for version with 60gb hdd

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm so pissed off about how they coppied Wii. That is just sick.

You know what, forget them. I'm not gonna pay $599 for a freaking PS3! Now I really am looking foward to the Wiivolution. They can sit on their rip-off piece of trash. It looked just like the 360, only with some cooler games. Screw that.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

From the sounds of it having only 6-way motion sensing capabilities, I really don't expect it to steal much thunder from the Wii. Tilting, banking, and altitiude is likely all it'll do which is a far cry from using the Wiimote to perform lob shots and put overhand spin on a tennis ball.

EDIT: But seriously, Dualshock 3? Those fucking cocksuckers. What the hell is wrong with them? I don't mind the blatant plagerism of motion sensing from Nintendo and Xbox Live from Microsoft, those are great ideas that deserve to be replicated.

And you know how many times someone has tried to replicate the Dualshock controller? ZERO. Why? Because it's NOT WORTH REPLICATING. I'm more pissed about this than I am about the price because that really was to be expected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Joker T
    PS3 price.

That sound you hear is Microsoft winning this generation of the console wars.

$600?!? Those games better be damn good. At least PS3's will be easier to find on store shelves for the first few months than 360's were.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    EDIT: But seriously, Dualshock 3? Those fucking cocksuckers. What the hell is wrong with them? I don't mind the blatant plagerism of motion sensing from Nintendo and Xbox Live from Microsoft, those are great ideas that deserve to be replicated.

And you know how many times someone has tried to replicate the Dualshock controller? ZERO. Why? Because it's NOT WORTH REPLICATING. I'm more pissed about this than I am about the price because that really was to be expected.
    Sadly, they don't change it because so many people actually like it.

I've actually been getting used to it. But give me a GameCube or Xbox DUKE any day. Something round and fitting to my hand and I'm happy.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm
    PS3 price.

$600?!? Those games better be damn good. At least PS3's will be easier to find on store shelves for the first few months than 360's were.
    $200-$249 for Nintendo Wii

No, that was the sound of Nintendo winning this generation.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sony had this generation and they blew it with the price. Jesus.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm. Not what I wanted to see from Sony. Graphically, I saw nothing that blows MS out of the water, especially with the difference in price. Controller-wise, I saw nothing that blew Nintendo out of the water, especially at that price.

Also, regarding the same dual shock design: am I the only one who hates where the analog sticks are on those things? There was a reason why the d-pad was higher up when that was the focus - comfort. I would love to see the right stick moved higher.

Overall, I think this creates a real interesting scenario for this generation. Nintendo with a real shock to how games are played, albeit with less graphical pop. MS staying the course, with a lot more shine on the product. Sony doing a little of both, and doing so half-assed. If history is any indication, I think Sony still might come out on top b/c of the name and the supposed "best of both worlds", even if it is more likely a mediocre combining of both worlds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mregashu
    If history is any indication, I think Sony still might come out on top b/c of the name and the supposed "best of both worlds", even if it is more likely a mediocre combining of both worlds.
    *sigh*

Sadly, you're right. Because consumers are sheep. They blindly follow the leader without regard to the grass on the outer sides of the pasture.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am so happy that I bought a 360.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Sadly, you're right. Because consumers are sheep. They blindly follow the leader without regard to the grass on the outer sides of the pasture.
    So what you are trying to say... is kill the leader?

Hmm.. alrighty.. =D Let's do it!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Underwhelming.

I didn't expect much from Sony anyway. So far the only thing that sounds good is the PS1 emulation on the PSP. IF it's done right. I have no video so I have not seen the so-called awesome PS3 "Dashboard" interface. Nor have I seen what I'm hoping is Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot/Jak & Daxter successor for the PS3. I want screen caps!
    Naughty Dog's game was a very Tomb Raider-esque game with no listed title and honestly looked so so. The lead character is a human, so theres no more furry critters popping up, at least for the time being. The footage shown looked to be ingame stuff, but it was a video.

Insominac's game was called Resistance: Fall Of Man. A 1950's based shooter taking place in England/Europe where England is the last Free State in Europe/The World. The gameplay looked ok, but the levels felt too chaotic for me. Just alot of these alien baddies that took over the world popping in and out of the Rubble.

@ Sony in general.
    The Price point, though high, will still sell and they will sell well. They are even more recognized than MS and they got away with the 399 tag. Sony will get away with the 20Gig 499 and 60Gig 599 tag no question. The controller is interesting and took one step above Nintendo's, there is no need for a relay switch on top of your TV, which is nice considering the TV's they are aimed at are so thin that there's really no place for one as it is. The controller is so light because well... there probably isn't a rumble feature built into it... What will make it or break it is what developers do to it, but that will most likley depend on what the Nintendo Developers do for that controller.

Their online service will be a XBL clone. However, like with XBL the extra game content that they are hyping is more than likely going to be way more on the thin side than it is out there for every game. Look at the general lack of DL content that shows up for games on XBL as it is. Maps take eons to show, and there are rarely updated past the one or two times something new gets put up.

The games though they look nice, arn't anything all that special yet... Give them a year, and then the real hot shit will start to show.

The PSP-PS3 connectivity isn't going to be anything hot or wow, since its got that same feel of what happened with the cube and the GBA. Wow, select your play on the GBA so the opponent cant see you.... Use your PSP as a rear view mirror... Ohhh Ahhhh.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    The controller is interesting and took one step above Nintendo's, there is no need for a relay switch on top of your TV, which is nice considering the TV's they are aimed at are so thin that there's really no place for one as it is. .
    I was thinking that too, but then I realized something: Sony is missing the other 354 degrees Nintendo has. It will be nice though for the reason the demo shown illustrated, as long as it isn't as exagerated as it seemed from the descritiptions. If you really have to move it a large degree to do anything then it'll be worthless. You've got no range of motion when you're forced to have your hands clasped together.

Now if all it offers is tiling and no movement aspects, I think it'll be great. But the way IGN made it sound seems like it'll be pretty worthless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson
    Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm
    PS3 price.

$200-$249 for Nintendo Wii

No, that was the sound of Nintendo winning this generation.
    That, actually, was the sound of a Wii in a lot of homes with a ps3 or xbox 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No integrated wireless in the low end.

No HDMI in the low end.

No rumble in the controller... wait... then why the fuck call it a DualSHOCK? That's what the SHOCK was! It's a DualSit now.

Wow... such a big big mistake. Finally! Sony has stepped on its own toes. Only time will tell of their gradual decline from the video gaming throne.

Muahahahahahahaaaaa!!!

I can totally see a 360 price drop when the PS3 hits just to enhance the distance between the price points of the two systems. It would be MS' smartest move ever.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry, double post. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    I was thinking that too, but then I realized something: Sony is missing the other 354 degrees Nintendo has ... Now if all it offers is tiling and no movement aspects, I think it'll be great. But the way IGN made it sound seems like it'll be pretty worthless.
    I think your analysis of the "six degrees of freedom" is pretty off-base.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Two more things....

One because i'm a big Halo nut

And the other because I do truly love Sony
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

I can say now Im officially out of the Videogame buisness. I cant see myself buying something at those prices. Especially not knowing if it's going to have DRE's like the PS2. I would really feel like a Jackass.