Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2006 - News, Updates, pics, videos official thread.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren870
    Lets not forget the game and extra controller and warrenty that you are going to need to get day 1.

Already looking at $700 + and thats with one game.
    I mean, unless I'm selling this on ebay, I'd have to be out right crazy to buy it. If I was wealthy, I'd get it, but I'm not close to wealthy.

I seriously thought Sony was going to be smart, but I guess they are too cought up into themselves in having dominated last gen. What they fail to realise is that if Gamecube would have came out around the same time, gamecube and sony would have had closer competition.

I was able to get my greedy hands on 4 Xbox 360's last launch, and I sold 3 of them. The money that I made on the 3 deals paid for my 360 as well as a nice little laptop. You simply must learn how to use the system, and make it work for you. Sure, you can consider me a "Profiteer" for doing that, but shit, this crap is expensive. I have to figure out some way to pay for it all. It's not my fault that these companies have me addicted to their crack cocaine in the form of new consoles and games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default $599 or $499 it does matter

Sony has balls thinking that the mainstream public is going to shell out $500 for thier system, and that is for the cheap one! This is a very gutsy move, which may cost them dearly. It is offically confirmed that my next system will be the Wii just by the default of price.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I can totally see a 360 price drop when the PS3 hits just to enhance the distance between the price points of the two systems. It would be MS' smartest move ever.
    I've been thinking that for awhile now, and now with the price of the PS3 being what it is, it makes it an even smarter move on MS's part. Go $249 and $349 for the core and premium, and the price is then nearly half of Sony's offering. This would also place the core system in a competitive position against the Wii, which I think is going to be the break-out star of the next generation. It's the cheapest and it's the only one that seems to offer something new.

Chris
    Well I agree that the Wii will be the break-out Star but I still think that most gamers will have the Wii and another console even though I still think the PS3 will be the main system this generation, if anything the blu-ray player helps alot.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I can totally see a 360 price drop when the PS3 hits just to enhance the distance between the price points of the two systems. It would be MS' smartest move ever.
    I've been thinking that for awhile now, and now with the price of the PS3 being what it is, it makes it an even smarter move on MS's part. Go $249 and $349 for the core and premium, and the price is then nearly half of Sony's offering. This would also place the core system in a competitive position against the Wii, which I think is going to be the break-out star of the next generation. It's the cheapest and it's the only one that seems to offer something new.

Chris
    Well I agree that the Wii will be the break-out Star this generation but I still think that most gamers will have the Wii and another console even though I still think the PS3 will be the main system this generation, if anything the blu-ray player helps alot. but Microsoft seems to be doing alot of things right so if they do drop the price should be cool

very interesting time to be a gamer.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, the PlayStation 3 is still ugly, then? I'm not too excited. I'll be waiting a long time before I pick a PS3 up.

Bring on Nintendo's annoucements. Hell, I even hope the 360 makes a splash.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anybody that is actually attending the e3 show, please go to the Sony area, and tell every rep you see that they absolutely, positively must bring back the rumble function. They can lose the motion sensor, considering it's a lame immitation of the Wii, and it's not even very good. For the Wii it makes alot of sense, for a Dual Shock? NO. It will only be good with driving and flying games. Big freaking deal. you know it's going to be underutilized. They need to bring back the Rumble.

Playing a FPS without rumble, is like eating dry toast. I like to feel my AK47 as I'm shooting it, and I like to feel when I've been shot. Remember the heart beat in the first Silent Hill game?

Also, what about trying to play old PS1 or PS2 games on the PS3, and you can't use the rumble feature? How freaking retarded is that?

SO PLEASE, IF YOU ARE AT e3, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN. There is still time for them to change their minds.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most consumers, myself included do not have an HD capable set let alone a 1080P capable set and I don't see myself buying one for at least two years maybe longer. In order to utilize PS3 and even Xbox 360 you need an HD set otherwise the games don't look any better than PS2, Xbox or Gamecube or even Dreamcast and an upgrade is just a colossal waste of money. This is why I think Wii is going to be the way to go, its cost effective, it offers people something new and fun, you don't need to shell out $1500+ for a new TV (Again!) and you'll be guaranteed great first and second party support for years to come, not to mention the HD systems are and will be riddled with inexcusable load times.

Sony's not going to fare well after the initial launch craze on this new system if they expect normal people to spend this much for a toy and the edition of Blu-Ray is null and void at this point as the HD industry has captured maybe 5% of the industry at best. It's going to be tough for them. And for god sake's replace that fucking Dual shock already, at least switch the D-pad and left analog stick positions its been long enough!

And stop ripping off other companies hard work you assholes!
    Why don't you go play in the other room. Why don't you BURN IN HELL!! - Stewie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, excuse me while I sell off one of my yachts so I can buy a PS3.

I don't bloody care if Playstation 3 proves the existence of God, cures cancer, and gets me married to a supermodel with guaranteed orgasms on the hour, every hour. It's six hundred fucking dollars and it's a machine that plays games.

:P

If I was at E3, I'd be busy putting that onto t-shirts and selling them outside the door. I'd make a killing.
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That was such a boring press conference. Nothing exciting at all, none of the games interested me.

Oh wow, PSP as a wing mirror, wait a second, i saw 2 wing mirrors on the actual screen as part of the car, which didn't seem to be reflecting. Since you're in 1080p, just look at the damn screen.

Sure, some of the graphics for games looked nice but none of the games made me want to play them at all. Only interesting thing was the EyeToy card game which I personally am not interested in but can see taking off among the kids.

The big surprise at the end. Oh, very knee-jerk Sony. They were trying to rub it in to Nintendo "revolutionary with the familiar controller design" but your controller still is horrible in the first place, its such a mess of features that have been tacked on and dont quite work as well as the originals Sony copied. I still feel 2 shoulder buttons is uncomfortable and seems to just one-up the SNES and they still haven't got analogue triggers, sigh. The sticks (well the left one) is still in the wrong place. 6 degrees of freedom, i'm thinking rotation about each axis and acceleration along each axis? Its not quite move how you want Wii stylee but for holding with 2 hands will do everything you want depending on sensitivity and range. No rumble though, hmm, thats a shame.

Price point - if you think its expensive in America, well, its even more so in Europe- still 500 but in Euros, a quick conversion gives this as $635, so, Europeans pay an extra $135. Ouch! What with Sony saying all games will be region free makes it cheaper to import the damn thing! At least its out on the same day.

Well, Sony are going for best of all worlds - HD, graphics, motion sensing and in addition blu-ray. In the end it all adds up to a hefty price. Can you get both a Wii and a 360 for that price and end up happier?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet! Looking at this picture from Atlus booth it looks like they are going to release Osawari Tantei: Osawa Rina as Touch Detective in the US. It's a point and click adventure with a really nice art style.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Julio III: I agree. I had a scan through all of the E3 news this morning before work, and the first day seemed really dull. The PlayStation 3 doesn't inspire me to play games. There is no love. Bring on Day 2!

Quote Originally Posted by KJN
    Sweet! Looking at this picture from Atlus booth it looks like they are going to release Osawari Tantei: Osawa Rina as Touch Detective in the US. It's a point and click adventure with a really nice art style.
    I'm so excited about this Well done Atlus for bringing yet another Jap game over here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh MAN I need to get a job at EB again...

Do you have ANY FREAKING IDEA how much the replacement plans are going to cost on a PS3? And how easy it would be to talk somebody into one? And do you know the commission the salespeople get on the replacement plans?

Man I could buy myself 3 PS3's with the commissions I'd make hehe. Or way better yet, 9 Revolutions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Phil Harrison has criticised Microsoft for planning to put two versions of the new Xbox 360 console on the market, claiming the decision will merely "create confusion" for consumers.
    -GDC, March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaWHT

Do you have ANY FREAKING IDEA how much the replacement plans are going to cost on a PS3? And how easy it would be to talk somebody into one? And do you know the commission the salespeople get on the replacement plans?

Man I could buy myself 3 PS3's with the commissions I'd make hehe. Or way better yet, 9 Revolutions!
    When we merged with gamestop they took all the commission oppertunities away. Lead to a lot of EB employees quiting, yesterday was my last day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When we merged with gamestop they took all the commission oppertunities away. Lead to a lot of EB employees quiting, yesterday was my last day.
    Never worked at any of those places, but that sure does sound pretty gay. A friend of mine use to work at a Radio Shack (And pretty much hated it when he got a new manager after 2yrs) and they were getting commission on everything. Then just around the time he quit they decided to go with $10/hr nationwide, or in certain locations with no commission. That was also they time they dropped Verizon so they got double screwed. Commission gave them quite a bit more than just the $10/hr (especially around Chrismas) so ya, sucks for some of them!
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Oh wow... Just as I predicted - $500 minimum. God I hate it when I'm right!

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

Maybe if they did a little research, they'll find that no console over $400 has ever been successful. (Neo-Geo and 3DO ring any bells?) I'm not paying the extra $200 for a proprietery format that wont last (look at Sonys laundry list of failures - Beta, Memory Stick, Micro DV videocassetes...)

Plus blatantly copying Nintendo?? Sorry, Sony.

Yeah... I see the 360 winning this cycle. Wii a close second. The PS3's won't start selling until the prices are comparable to the 360 (unless you're an idiot who has money to just throw away). And even then, Microsoft will just lower the 360 prices.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, I miss warranty bucks, too. Especially around Christmas, there would be an extra $200 or so if you did well. System launches also were a gold mine. But they only come 2-3 times a year, if that.
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonMarco
    Yep, I miss warranty bucks, too. Especially around Christmas, there would be an extra $200 or so if you did well. System launches also were a gold mine. But they only come 2-3 times a year, if that.
    When the they had given us money for GPG's, Magazine Subs, Warrenties and Disc Doctors, i was bringing home more then what I was making from just standard salary.

Id average $450+ bi weekly just in "commision", not even around holidays.

Though I did work at the #6 EB in the nation in terms of sales...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Salary.

Chris

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received